This time around...

• I lost about 30lbs three summers ago over the course of about 3 months. I was VERY rigid about my diet and exercise (RARELY ever cheated, did atleast an hour of cardio every day usually more though) and the weight melted off like butter. Unfortunately, I got sick of it, and eventually quit, and gained it ALL back plus 5. Now I'm back on the wagon and have been for about 2 weeks nows. I've definitely dropped about 5lbs so far, but I have been MUCH more lax this time around. I cheat (too much I think) and I don't work out nearly as much. BUT, I don't have the desire to quit like I did before. I am so good during the day, but when it comes to dinner, the time that I really get to enjoy with my family, I tend to fall off. I associate dinner time with the good family feelings spent together. Weird? I don't even know what I'm posting this for. Does anyone else tend to do this too? I feel good about my dieting and weight loss this time around. I just don't think it's going to happen nearly as fast as last time and I'm okay with that. If it takes me a year to get where I want to be, then so be it. I've got time. Because a year from now, I will be glad I did it.
  • I used to have that problem until I went low carb. Now I only eat the same meat and sometimes the same veggies as my family. It helps to focus more on the interaction than the eating. You can do this!