Unexpected NSV!

• Hey Everyone,
    I have been exercising regularly for a few months now, and although I have only lost 10ish pounds, I feel a lot better about myself. I'm seeing my progress through my fitness, rather than only on the scale - and this is really helping me stick to the plan and stay motivated.
    I was bridesmaid last weekend, complete with fancy hair style and obnoxiously large, beautiful, but over-the-top bridesmaid dress. I dread weddings because it is always boring for me to sit around until it is acceptable for me to leave... i am not a dancer - never have been. I never 'learned' to "dance" and have only slow danced here or there over the course of my 26 years on this earth.
    But! Last weekend, I felt fabulous. I felt good about my body, I felt beautiful with my hair and makeup done, in a beautiful dress - and with the help of a couple margaritas, boy didn't I get out on that dance floor! I know I would never done this if I hadn't felt so good about myself at that moment. And I had SUCH A BLAST!
    Woohoo! NSV!
  • That is awesome in so many ways! Glad it turned out to be a good time for you.
  • Sounds like you had a fun night! Great to hear you were feeling good about yourself

Dancing at weddings is always funny, at the ones I have been to at least, people are always reluctant to start dancing and then all of a sudden, everyone piles on encouraged by others. Nobody wants to look a fool on their own I guess!
  • Awe what a cool NSV! I'm happy for you.
  • That is awesome. Just generally feeling more comfortable in my body is one of my very favorite things about this process. Yay, you!
  • What an inspiring story. I feel happy for having read it.