A girl trying to find her Metabolism Miracle...

You're on Page 6 of 19
Go to
  • Dee I will consider signing up for a month, but maybe after some of our bills get all paid off the end of this month.

Jab how creative of you to do that, I would not have thought of it. I hope you can catch the person. Will you bring it to your supervisor's attention when you do?

I would have taken the meal voucher. You would be surprised how many fast food places offer something low carb, like grilled chicken without breading or even salads. Mostly the salads are disappointing, with mainly lettuce and not much meat, but I haven't tried them every where, so there may be some good ones out there. If they don't have these things, just get a hamburger with cheese and bacon, and do not eat the bun, order tomato and lettuce, and you have something you can eat. Maybe a little higher in fat than you want, but much better than loading on the carbs.

Sorry you have to work so hard. They are really breaking the law not to give you a break when they are supposed to. Hard to complain when they would just say you are fortunate to have a job, when so many are without one right now.

Kandie apple That is amazing your fasting BS was down today and your husbands as well! That should give you renewed hope and encouragement that what you are doing is working for you!
    Yes, if this diet does as she says in the book, you and your husband should see results, but you should be sure to keep the Dr in the loop so his meds can be adjusted so he doesn't end up having issues with it all.

I don't mind you checking in. I am not used to an active group on this diet, so it is good to hear what you are doing and eating. I think you will be able to find something when you eat out. There are tips in the book as well.

I personally, have a Moms group on Tuesday mornings and there is always snack foods and mainly carbs. I have determined to take my MM choco muffin along and eat it. So far not one person has asked how come I have a choco muffin when they didn't get it. So I will continue acting like I am "normal" if someone does ask, I can say why and feel OK about it, I am loosing weight and inches, so I feel empowered to continue.
  • I made a blog as well, if any of you are interested in checking it out, following it or joining me there too.

I know it's been an official 2 days, but I really feel this is it for me and I want to help out anyone else out there that might be struggling and not know why.

http://journeytosvelte.tumblr.com/
  • Aunt Nelly how do you make your choco muffin if you don't mind? Have any of you ever made a big batch and baked them in the oven.

Well did better today very close to on plan I think. I need to read again too.

Well did anyone show up purple today?
  • Thanks, I have the DM book but is has no recipes. I did download the cookbook on Kindle but what pain. So I ordered a hard copy.
    Does one of these fill you up for the morning? Can you taste the soy in them?

I had MM from the library but a diabetic friend swiped it and brought it back with 4 days left, since it was on a wait list I could not renew it. Maybe will just have to order it too. I need better breakfast recipes as I am not a egg person. Ideas ladies?
  • Dee, I'll try and post more breakfast ideas later. Go back a few pages and I typed in some of the 5x5 carb list that I bought. There are some cereal amounts you can use if you use unsweetened almond milk or soy milk you don't have to count the milk in the carbs, just the cereal as listed.
  • Thanks Auntnelly for posting some recipes. I bought the lists and cereal only makes me more hungry, and the amounts very small like the fruit. I think the syrup is Walden Farms or you could see if Davincis carries a maple flavor, I know they have blueberry, and others. Check on Netrition. I have not has any walden farms anything that I could stand but ymmv. Or add a flavoring to the batter.
    I do get a lot of good info from Mville site I just need to get some time to cook and get the right foods in so I have a better variety of things.
    So how long have you been doing MM and are you diabetic if you don't mind saying?
  • It is day three now.. and for the first time I was actually hungry. I ordered a breakfast burrito from my favorite place, but I replaced the tortilla part with my own carb cutter tortilla when I got home with it. GO ME.

I only managed to eat half of my burrito. I was hungry, but I just couldn't eat that much. I am not sure if that has any significance, it is the third day, the last day of the liver and pancreas hunger stuff.

I am going to make some of those chocolate muffins today too.

Last night we had pork ribs with green beans and celery in cheese. It was yummy, but I think I ate too much!
  • Dee I totally understand about needing a variety of ideas. I will list more as I have some.
    I will look in one more store for that syrup. I don't have many options here since we don't live near enough to a large city to make it worth the drive.

For breakfast, some times I just eat toast on 5 carb bread and natural peanut butter.
    Turkey bacon takes preparation, but it tastes good. You can always fry it ahead and eat it later, maybe with LF cheese on a 5 carb bread.

In the book are several egg based dishes like quiche, and a "taste of hot "cereal" made with chopped almonds and Brazil nuts and a pancake recipe..if you are interested in any of those, I can type them in, just let me know. I have only tried the pancake one, but it is a 5x5 carb, and I like the other cream cheese pancakes much better and they are neurtral.

As for more about me (I don't mind you asking)
    This is my 7th week on Step 1 of the MM diet.

When I measured after the first month I had lost 2 inches on my bust, 1.5 inches on my bra line, 2 inches at my waist and an inch on my hips. I know I"m not supposed to weigh, but I have been and then averaging the weight. So far the averaged weight loss is 4.2 lbs. I also have to move my bra hook over 2 now, which is awesome, but due to how short waisted I am I think.

I am not diabetic, but I did have gestational diabetes with 2 of my 9 children. However, my Dr insisted I continue the diabetic diet with 2 of my babies with no testing, and those were the 2 that were the smallest. The next one was 10 lbs 11 ozs with a new DR and no diet. Yep, I believe the Meta. B with the extra insulin release was at work there.

But now, I had a 91 fasting blood sugar, but my triglycerides had begun to just go over the normal level, so I know I was heading down a bad path since diabetes 2 is in my extended family. With the history of gestational diabetes, I got worried I would end up there as well.

But mostly, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't loose even a pound, and have gained 40 lbs in the past 10 years, and also I felt horrible, always tired and draggy, no motivation, etc.
    soooo here I am. I feel some better, but don't always get the sleep I need, so some times it is hard to tell.
  • Well for lunch I had steak strips and 2 Hershey kisses. Mmmmmmm

Oh and I think you all are insane, those chocolate muffins are ICKY (had a tiny piece)
  • haha!! No no, they are really good muffins. IF you ate them after the hershey kisses or other sweet yummy, well of course they aren't as sweet in comparison. However, wait until you have not had sweets for a few weeks and boy are they ever sweet and yummy!
  • All my blood panels were normal. The only thing was my cholesterol is a flagged. She didn't tell me why, I will find out tomorrow however. My Thyroid is normal, everything was perfect.
  • Kandie apple that is good news about being normal, but I understand the frustration that can also come with that. I kept looking for a reason for my issues and never found it until the MM diet book came into my hands.

My cholesterol was also high but because my triglycerides were elevated. This diet should do well with that.

What are the things you are suffering from? Or was this just an annual physical?
  • Thanks Aunt Nelly, 9 kids WOW you should not have gained a pound in years!

No need to type stuff in there are plenty of LC recipes around. I have done Atkins/my own lc plan on and off for years I am sure i can find something. I just don't think my heart is in it right now. And still having a hard time getting my head around her ideas and the slow weight loss. Maybe it is just still being bummed about my BS numbers rising. Ah I'll get there.
    As far as LC products, netrition and amazon have most of what you are looking for and $5 shipping or free, beats running around town.

Do you guys use the counters? My first run was 12 days but I still had cravings with them. The last few days have been general lc for me until I make up my mind what to do.

ksquared, good on your numbers and the kisses! Now you have me worried about buying the stuff to make them.
  • I think I might have used too much oat flour.. They taste ok.. but I think I used too much.. I would cut it back to maybe 1 1/2 cups of the oat flour.

I like funny things though and I am not a fan of splenda. I like Salt and Vinegar chips and peanut butter on my french toast and syrup on my bacon. I LOVE sweet and Salty. Kettle corn and all that jazz, so don't go by my whacked out taste buds.
  • Dee...yeah, the kids keep me hopping, but also, with the last 2 only I kept 10 lbs after they were born, with all the others, I always weighed LESS after they were born than when I got pregnant.

I think you would benefit from this diet. Basically if you go on to get diabetes, you will have to be on a diet not of your choosing, so you need to remember that...one of the things that I thought of.

The weight loss might be slower, but the INCHES, wow, I mean I am loosing them. I have moved my bra hook over another notch since I started, that makes 2 notches thinner than I was 7 weeks ago. I really wanted to see pounds gone, but the inches have been the biggie for me.

And the muffins? I use the entire 16 ounces of sour cream for one thing. They are not very sweet, so if you want sweeter, I guess you could add some more splenda. Maybe you cooked them too long, that would make them dry as well.

Kandie...I have always had a hard time picking between a small piece of chocolate, and eating a whole slice of bread or a tortilla. I have been picking the more food except 2 times when I had the small chocolate and I found myself disappointed.

I DO like this diet because I can HAVE carbs on the first Step and that is amazing to me! I love being able to diet and have my carbs too! Unlike the south beach diet which I did before, this seems easy in comparison since we are allowed small amounts of carbs.