A girl trying to find her Metabolism Miracle...

You're on Page 18 of 19
Go to
  • OK..... the sugar free I can find I believe 1/4 cup is about 10 carbs. So I can't get anything less than that, so really don't eat pancakes right now, even though I have a good neutral pancake recipe.

OK... the jello salad should be good. I know my kids like it, but that is with the marshmellows and pineapple in the center part!
  • I would love your pancake recipe if you dont mind sharing? We are officially on our last day in step one!!! but we may wait until tuesday for step 2 because i want to re read it to make sure we are doing everything right I meant the pie is only like 1.6 carbs per serving so its not horrible!! im making a friends christmas dinner this friday coming up so we will see how i do with low carb ham dinner i think if i survived thanksgiving i can manage this on step 2
  • Good luck on your dinner you are having. Do you need any suggestions? what are you serving?
  • i am going to make a ham and then im making my crustless pumpkin pie and an apple pie for the regular eaters and then im making my broccoli, green bean and cauliflower casserole which is a freebie then my friends are bringing side dishes
  • sounds yummy. Wish I could come!
  • i would totally invite you if you lived near me!!!
  • How was your dinner?
    I really miss the small group of folks on this diet around here. I would think there are more people on it, but I haven't found the thread yet?
    Come on all, jump on back here!
  • my dinner was a HUGE success there were 13 people all together!! and everything turned out perfect!! which im pretty excited about especially since ive never made a big dinner like that by myself for that many people!1 i know i wish there were more chatting all day on here to get more ideas from!!
  • well ask away, I'm going around trying to find great recipes and have found a few, it isn't easy to find them with "normal" ingredients!
  • haha i know my fiancee and i are always like HMM i wonder if i could substitue that for this and it would still taste ok lol
  • Hello!

My name is Michelle and I just turned 30 (jan3). I started the program on Jan 7, ( currently on step 1) and so far I think I'm doing ok. I've lost about 3 pounds but my hubby says he see an improvement in my thighs and arms. Surprisingly I haven't had too many cravings, which was unexpected b/c I was such a carb lover. I did go thru what I thought was withdrawal on the 6th day of week 1 (headaches and very short temper.....shorter than usual at least LoL!) but I drank some aleve and extra water and the next day I was good as new. I'm also amazed at how easy it is to follow compared to other diets I've done. I have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer:

1. Can I use truvia? I find it has less of an aftertaste than splenda and I like using it to sweeten my tea, but I saw that it has 3g carbs!!!?? Please advise

2. I found a lowcarb hummus (2g/serving= 2tbls) but Is hummus allowed in step one? I remember that Diane recommends tahini paste (which is in hummus) but I'm not sure about the garbanzo

3. Love the recipes! Variety is the spice of life!

Thanks ladies and gents! I really feel good about this plan, and knowing that I have support from this forum is wonderful! I lookforward to reading more of your stories and reporting my progress as well!
  • Welcome!
    I just wanted you to know I"m still around, but I don't have time to answer your questions here right now, supper time!
    Hope I can come back soon!
  • welcome!! and Happy Birthday!!! Im not sure about truvia... But i dont like splenda as a sweetener for tea or coffee i use sweet n low and it tastes the same as when i would put my sugae I think with the garbanzo's even though their carb is low enough you may need to wait until step 2 when youre allowed to eat beans! Good Luck!! its super easy shockingly! and i used to get the headaches when i stopped drinking caffeine all together but i decided cant deal with that have to have my coffee
  • Thanks ladies! sorry I didn't respond sooner... things have been busy at work and home.... I stopped eating the hummus after my last post because I didn't want to risk sabotaging my progress. So I'll just keep it out of my head until the end of february which is when I'll start step 2. I can't believe I'm halfway thru step 1!! The hubby sees ( and feels) more progress and even my mother says that my attitude is so much more "likable" LoL so this program is definitely working for me. Thanks for the offer of posting recipes, I bought the cookbook and there are a lot of things I want to try!
    Also thanks for the update on stevia, in the cookbook Diane also talks about it qnd I was relieved to know that it was OK. I'll try and be better in regards to posting and responding.
    My first "big test" is coming up next weekend: I'm going to a wedding out of town and still on step 1! But my husband will be supporting me and also be keeping a watchful eye to make sure I don't fall off the wagon, I'm not a hudge drinker so at least I don't have to worry about that.
    So.... Wish me luck!
  • good luck and the way I manage is to bring some things along that i CAN eat