A girl trying to find her Metabolism Miracle...

You're on Page 11 of 19
Go to
  • On my way to bed I bypass to the kitchen and either have a tablespoon of peanut butter or a cheese stick. The before bed snack is one of the "rules" same as something within an hour of being awake.

The last few days I've noticed I'm not hungry and really have to think about eating to make my 5 hour marks. Used some left over roasted cauliflower and peppers tossed in some left over pork loin and made a skillet hash last night. It was very good.

I read on MM this morning that on step 1 ~ 3 baby carrots = neutral. I have been avoiding them so far so it's now another option for me

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
  • Dee, I FINALLY figured out what FBS meant LOL ! any how, GREAT that it is coming down.

struggling with another up swing of my weight, I know Im not supposed to weigh, so I'm letting it go for now. It started before Step2 so I can't blame the carbs.

I am trying to do as she says, in the book she says "trust the plan" ..... can't find a smilie with someone biting their nails !! LOL ! Gotta go eat an egg !!
  • Can relate, I am not losing either, but hoping I am getting a little smaller. FBS was 121 this morning????? I don't know, night snack no night snack. 16 weeks is a lot of "trust the plan" but many say hang in there it works, I sure hope so!
  • dee, I suppose the FBS would vary wouldn't it? I don't know, but I expect there are lots of factors that would effect it, don't you think?

You are supposed to have a late night snack, what have you been doing for that?

She doesn't really talk about having protein with your snacks, but that would be a good idea.
  • Quote: dee, I suppose the FBS would vary wouldn't it? I don't know, but I expect there are lots of factors that would effect it, don't you think?

You are supposed to have a late night snack, what have you been doing for that?

She doesn't really talk about having protein with your snacks, but that would be a good idea.
    They say the fasting is the last one to come down, guess so I have had peanuts, yogurt,lunch meat/cheese stick, no counter, a counter or nothing. Diabetes is so screwy.

Also if I do wake up I do have a snack. I have been under major stress since last fri so that has an effect as well. All I can do is keep testing, stay on plan and see what my labs say in Dec.
  • Yes, I believe it will take some time, but she said if you do it "by the book" you should see some improvements after the first 8 weeks.

I haven't got diabetes, trying to avoid it which is why I am doing this diet! I don't know much about it all, except she says it can help. I didn't read all the chapter about diabetes though.
  • I am what they call pre diabetes ( kind of like a little pregnant, I think) Actually it was my DH who was diagnosed and I bought a meter to test along with him and teach him what i know (nurse and long history in family) and lo and behold my numbers were up as well, Doc never mentioned it, figures.

So I too am trying not to become full blown diabetic. And found the book (DM) trying to find a good one for him to understand the disease. I learned a lot, things have come a long way since nursing school
    It was an eye opener for me as well, and nothing to lose but creeping higher numbers and 30 pounds.

I too hope you never become, I would not have known if I had a not bought a cheap Walmart meter (Relion) to keep hubby on track and started testing myself.

It is worth doing everything you can to stop it in its tracks for sure. If you have a history of diabetes in your family I would get a DM copy if you can and read it, twice! MM skims overs it compared to how well she covers it all in the DM book. Good luck kiddo,what you don't know can hurt you!
  • What exactly is the "DM" book? I have the Metabolism Miracle book and that is the only one I have heard of.

I was given a testing machine when I was pregnant and diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It was controlled with diet, but I was freaked out so they gave me a machine to just watch my numbers. I buy strips and try and take a fasting one every now and then. My Dr usually takes a fasting blood sugar with my other blood work, but this last time I had a new lady and she absolutely refused Want my old Dr back, he knew me and why I wanted certain tests done.

I am trying a different new dr so next year, I will try again to get a fasting blood sugar. But my highest from the Dr was a 91 and in some circles I guess that is too high.

Good luck with your issues ... that is good you found it early. I think with weight loss and other preventative things, you can reverse it before it is full blown diabetes.
  • It is her 3rd book Diabetes Miracle and is worth it's weight in gold, makes it easy to understand what your body is doing and why. Is geared to pre and type 2's. Covers meds, insulin testing whys and how etc. Plus the plan itself with better explanation I think.

No recipes in this book so I bought her cookbook and it is very good as well. You may be able to check it of the library for a first read, but if you think you are heading towards diabetes it is worth having as a good reference book.

I hope to make some of the recipes form the forum this weekend so I can have some different foods, getting lazy cooking and bored with the food.
  • It has been super hectic for me the last several days. I am on vacation. Originally we had booked a trip but decided because of cutbacks at work we would cancel the trip just in case. I was bummed but we made the decision months ago based on my work environment. I believe it was the right choice but it has been years since I have had a real trip and was looking forward to it.

Day 1 of my vacation was Thursday. Before I have done anything but have my green tea my middle child calls and has car issues. I go flying out the door then ended up at the garage spending $300 to get her back on the road. While I am sitting at the garage waiting my phone starts to ring, it's work calling me. Guess what they are in crisis and need me to come in. I am on FREAKING vacation. Like an idiot I rush home shower , change into work clothes and go in. I was not happy. And even less happy once I got there and saw I should NOT have had to have gone in. I informed them not to call me because I would not answer my phone the rest of my days off. They called three times yesterday (day 2) , I did not pick up.
    Anyway Thursday was all messed up food wise because I seemed to be in crisis mode all day and didn't eat at the proper times etc...

Yesterday my food was off too so today I have to do better. I am not eating anything illegal I'm just not hitting my time frame correctly. I was on the road most of the day yesterday.

Today I am staying home and working around the house. Painting and hanging new shutters once it warms up a bit.

I finished the half mark of my plan so I weighed in this morning. I am down 14 lbs at the end of my 4 weeks. I didn't measure anything, lazy I guess.

I found the Dannon low carb yogurt yesterday, I was soooo excited. It was short dated so I didn't stock up like I would have liked. I got 8 (2 of the 4-packs). The store I found them at is over an hour away...lol.

Sorry I can't really join in on the blood work conversations. I haven't had health insurance in close to 4 years now so I basically just wing it and avoid the Dr.

Hope everyone has a GREAT OP day!!!
  • That's great Jab 14 lbs I have been lucky to lose a pound, but can tell inches are coming off, face is thinner and love handles feel smaller. Yeah what is it with jobs that don't honor your time off, ticks me off. I hope you have a better week and take some of that time just for you!
  • Gee, silly they can't let you take a short vacation from work!!
    CONGRATS on the 14 lbs !! that is amazing! Inches good as well.

I am at the end of my first week on Step 2. Today I am back up 2 lbs from last week. I know some of it was before step 2, but I can't help but feel defeated. I FEEL good, but this weight HAS to go !
  • Not much going on here. I dropped one of the pounds I gained back. I have noticed something.

Thursday I did a Tabata run and I dropped that pound. Yesterday I cleaned my den all day long and had a nice small lunch of CHicken and veggies and didn't lose anything. I have noticed this pattern. If I don't do some type of Cardio I don't see the weight go down. I also have seen that anything besides Cardio (Running on the treadmill) doesn't bring off the weight.

My Body is weird I guess.
  • I doubt it, we aren't supposed to micromanage our pound loss, I think that is where we fail, but it is SO HARD not to measure progress by pounds lost.

I have been thinking alot about things, and I know I FEEL better, less draggy, and all that, so I guess I have to be in it for the long haul.

I am thinking of paying to join Diane's forum. I really need some more information, but I really wish I didn't have to pay, because I know once I do, I will want to keep having it, and that is just more and more money
  • I'll be honest I am not overly impressed with the MM website.

The forums don't seem to flow very well. Yes I can search and find info I want but I can't see me staying a member. I have watched some of the videos she has done, but they sort of put me off. They are too giggly for my taste I think.

I also dislike that after being a paying member you need to pay for the lists. Yes the lists are cheap but still I think that should be a benefit of being a member. If you look at how many members there are and then multiply that by even the lowest membership fee she is raking in some serious bucks off the website alone. It puts me off a bit.