Grilled Peaches

• I frequently grill peaches because I think they taste good and I like the grill marks. I use cooking spray on the cut sides. The peaches I have now are a bit tart, so I decided to brush on a tiny bit of real maple syrup before grilling. I used about 1.5 tsp for four peach halves. Yummy. Some recipe I saw said to mix honey and water and use it the same way. That's where I got the maple syrup idea. You don't have to mix it with anything because it is thin enough already.
  • That sounds fabulous! I just saw something about grilled watermelon that looked really good too!
  • Does it have the grilled taste?
  • Well, it seems to me that it does. The heat of the grill carmelizes the sugar so it tastes very toasty and brown.

We have eaten all the peaches we got from the orchard. So sad. I was on the "Peach Diet" and it was really working! I always say I didn't get fat eating peaches.
  • Mmm I want to try this! I love making "baked" cinnamon apples in the microwave so this seems up my alley!
  • have you tried grilled pineapple? its delicious and all caramelized too when you grill it like peaches.
  • That sounds wonderful! I wonder how it would work on a George Foreman grill. I might give it a try to find out!!
  • I have never tried it but it does sound delish. I bet it would be good with apples, too.