Anyone with Lupus?

• I was curious if there were any other Lupus sufferers on here. I was diagnosed about ten years ago. I am also hypothyroid, a condition my doctor thinks is related to the Lupus. I am insulin resistant, big time, and I take Glucophage, as well as thyroid meds. Since I have started watching carb intake, first on Atkins, and now on SugarBusters, I have not had a flare in over two years. Unfortunately, I am really struggling to lose. Any one having problems with Lupus? How does your diet effect it?
  • I don't have lupus, but I have a similar immuno problem called mastocytosis. It makes it practically impossible to exercise, and the only meds I find effective are ooooollllldddd heavily-sedating antihistamines. I've ordered a glider exercise machine, though, and when it gets here I'm going to put it in a very cold room of the house and see if I can use it. If determination and motivation can get me past the problems, I'm home free.
  • I too find it a challenge at times to get any exercise in. Hope this glider machine works for you! Some days, it is all I can do to drag my butt onto the treadmill....
  • Lupus too
    I too have Lupus and was diagnosised 10 years ago. I just started with the hypothyroidism but am also getting atrial fibrillation, tachycardia. In addition to that I have very bad knees and back plus FM. I just found this group so am hopeful that it will help me lose weight
  • Lupus also
    Hello everyone!!!! I too, am a Lupus patient. I have just logged on and hope that I find the support that I need. I was diagnoised about 7 years ago. Since then I have put on about 70 pounds. Very Depressing!!!!I hope to get at least part of it off. I have a wieght machine, treadmill, and ab machine, I feel too tired to use it most of the time. Does any one have any suggestions?