Cucumbers

• Ok, just taking a little poll to see if people consider cucumbers a free food. My coach said no, but wondering if some people do eat them extra like lettuce without seeing a difference in the scale. Sometimes I just feel like I need a a little something. I haven't found a wf dressing that I like. I like olive oil on salad, but that is limited as well, so it's hard I eat extra lettuce.
  • I don't consider them free but do eat them quite a bit! I put salsa on my salads to give them some much needed flavor!
  • When I started IP they told us (in a class) that lettuce, celery and cukes were free. Then I was reading that many aren't allowed to have it free. I asked my coach (last Friday) and she said that it came straight from Ideal Protein that cucumbers and celery are indeed free. I eat them (cucumbers) often, it keeps me out of trouble.
  • I was told only lettuce was free, but I'll admit I don't really measure cucumbers & celery. Granted, I'm still in my first week, but I've lost 11 lbs so far. If I notice my weight stalling in the future, I'll cut them back. Same with egg whites.
  • Quote: When I started IP they told us (in a class) that lettuce, celery and cukes were free. Then I was reading that many aren't allowed to have it free. I asked my coach (last Friday) and she said that it came straight from Ideal Protein that cucumbers and celery are indeed free. I eat them (cucumbers) often, it keeps me out of trouble.
    Same for me...even after reading here, and showing my coach the select veggies sheet, she still claims that our clinic considers these free. I have eaten loads of cucumbers since I started, and have averaged 5#/wk since day 1. It works for me so Im not going to change it, but I always reccommend following your coaches instructions...
  • Okay, I finally confess...I do count celery & cucumbers in my 4cups, but if a little celery accidentally gets chopped, roasted, and puréed....oopsy! Perhaps a little more cucumbers get julienned and thrown in the noodle stirfry...my bad! So I am more 'loose' on those measurements, but those are the only veggies I am liberal with.