novi-lax?

• Unpleasant subject - I know....but how long do you have to take this for it to "work"

Week 5 and I'm having a very tough time with being regular ... ugh!

Thanks guys...!
  • Not sure how much you are taking or for how long. Once you are consistent, it might just take a day or two to "get things moving".

Try this: take 2 with breakfast/at breakfast time and take 2 with dinner/dinner time. (You don't have to take novilax with food.)

Be consistent about it. If it becomes "too effective" back off on the dosing, either by taking 1 and 1 or sticking with the 2 at dinner. It did take a bit of time to get the Novilax in the right amount for me as too much of it can be uncomfortable as well.

This is crazy, but wearing a pair of tight jeans kind of helps move things along, too. Probably the compression "encourages movement".

There are a lot of threads on remedies, which include Dieters' Tea, magnesium citrate, backing off the potassium tablet for a couple of days--I can't give any advice on those as I haven't tried them.
  • It's been REALLY effective for me. I'll take one before bed and have "results" by morning. If that doesn't work, I'll take another with breakfast and that always works. Good luck!

Quote: Unpleasant subject - I know....but how long do you have to take this for it to "work"

Week 5 and I'm having a very tough time with being regular ... ugh!

Thanks guys...!
  • Thank u both!
  • I started taking 2 every night and it worked great for the first three weeks. I was so excited I was finally regular but that all changed this week. I am back to having problems again so I was told to add another pill in the morning...hoping this works because I am miserable again
  • Missing Novi Lax
    I have been taking Novi lax regularly while on Ideal Protein to stay regular and now it's off the market and being reformulated! In the meantime, I'm having a difficult time finding an alternative to it that doesn't cramp my stomach everyday. Any suggestions?!
  • Quote: I have been taking Novi lax regularly while on Ideal Protein to stay regular and now it's off the market and being reformulated! In the meantime, I'm having a difficult time finding an alternative to it that doesn't cramp my stomach everyday. Any suggestions?!
    A lot of folks on here use Smooth Move Tea. You can get it in the regular tea section of most grocery stores. Make sure you steep it at least 15 minutes before drinking.
  • I am also a former Novi-Lax user. My clinic recommended CALM. It works for me.
  • I haven't tried a Novi-Lax yest, but the Senna Tea ( Smooth move tea) or Dr. Schultze Formula #1 really does the trick
    Dr. Schultze is an Herbal doctor
    https://www.herbdoc.com/index.php/Ou...-&-Elimination
  • Quote: A lot of folks on here use Smooth Move Tea. You can get it in the regular tea section of most grocery stores. Make sure you steep it at least 15 minutes before drinking.

I use the smooth move tea too! They have chocolate, if you can find it... I get chocolate where ever I can... flavors I should say. woot woot
  • Quote: I am also a former Novi-Lax user. My clinic recommended CALM. It works for me.
    I second CALM. It really works. It tastes kind of vile though, and its not cheap.

You can also get magnesium citrate (same active as calm) in liquid form at the drug store. It's sugar free, it's a clear liquid, it's a copule of bucks. You can try a quarter of a bottle first if you are having issues. This is what doctors recommend before a colonoscopy, but you drink the whole bottle and it clears you out The results are dramatic to say the least. So in short, for maintenance you might just try a swig of that a day. I use a half teaspoon of calm everyday.