~* August Exercise Challenge *~

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Amazing!! Congrats!
  • I had my best workout today! I just kept pushing myself and completed all my goals for the day back to back! I'm so happy and proud that I did it!

1 hr water aerobics, 1 hr of Zumba, 25 minutes c-to-5k training session, 35 mins spinning/stationary bike, PLUS 30 mins strength training and crunches = 3hrs cardio and a half hr strength training!!!

Also, I lost 2 lbs when I weighed this morning! Yay! I just know I'm gonna make my August goal. (11 to go by Labor Day weekend.)
  • Wow, that is a LOT of working out in one day! I feel exhausted and all like "yeah, thats enough" after 45 minutes... so good for you! Good luck hitting your labour day goal, sounds like you're on the right track!
  • Somewhere along the way I subconsciously set a goal for myself to work out 3 hrs a day 5-6 days a week. I'm not even sure when I started feeling this way. I just built up to it.

So far today I've done 2 hrs 45 mins of cardio and i keep telling myself I really need to do 15 more mins. I don't know why, I just feel like my work isn't done yet. (Like cleaning the whole house but not taking the garbage out. I really need to take out that trash or I'm gonna drive myself nuts.)
    Fortunately I have an after-dinner walk planned so I'll get that done.

Does anyone else do this? Or am I a basket case?
  • Quote: Somewhere along the way I subconsciously set a goal for myself to work out 3 hrs a day 5-6 days a week. I'm not even sure when I started feeling this way. I just built up to it.

So far today I've done 2 hrs 45 mins of cardio and i keep telling myself I really need to do 15 more mins. I don't know why, I just feel like my work isn't done yet. (Like cleaning the whole house but not taking the garbage out. I really need to take out that trash or I'm gonna drive myself nuts.)
    Fortunately I have an after-dinner walk planned so I'll get that done.

Does anyone else do this? Or am I a basket case?
    3 hours a day for 5 - 6 days a week...Can you maintain that once you hit your goal weight?

Not trying to be "Debbie downer"...but usually people don't have success if the diet/exercise isn't maintainable in the long run.

If it is maintainable, you are my hero

Glad to see everyone else joining us with the workouts!
  • Being able to keep up the workout that I do has been key this time around. I used to do really intensive 2 - 3 hour workouts during the week... from biking, elliptical, strength, swimming... etc. But I just ended up getting exhausted/busy after a month. It's hard to keep that kind of commitment up.

This time I'm sticking with a como of things that are easy to do at home, take up little time, can be done whenever... etc. I end up getting at least 30 mins in a day and I think that's pretty solid.
  • thanks to hopeforme to encourage me to post here. As she knows during the winter I am an avid exerciser, 5 to 7xs a week. During the summer it drops to almost nil! I am ashamed of my blank spots!

1 -
    2 -
    3 -
    4 -

5 -
    6 - Cardio Force i hour
    7 -
    8 -
    9 -
    10 -
    11 -

12 -
    13 -
    14 - Keli Roberts step cardio with weights 35 min.
    15 -
    16 - Cardio Force one hour
    17 - Gilad Step and Tone 45 min.
    18 -

19 - 30 Day Shred level 3
    20 -
    21 - Cardio Force dvd, one hour
    22 -
    23 - Keli Roberts Step cardio tape, with ankle weight and dumbbells, 40 min.
    24 - Cardio Force dvd, one hour
    25 -

26 - Keli Roberts Step cardio, ankle weights and dumbbells, 30 minutes.
    27 - Cardio Force dvd, one hour.
    28 - ? don't remember
    29 -
    30 - Keli Roberts step cardio, ankle weights and dumbbells, 40 minutes.
    31 - 30 Day Shred, level 3
  • Hey Hope, looky, I'm doing better!