Ten Year Anniversary on 3FC!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This month I have been on 3FC for TEN YEARS.

I’ve lost a total of 80 pounds and I (honestly) never walked away from this forum, even when I was actively gaining, I was still here. Because I love it here. This is my family.

I started at 298 and today I am 218 (darn those vacation pounds). I competed in three triathlons, help build and sell and company, finished my bachelor’s degree in creative writing, traveled to England, France, El Salvador, and Mexico, went to the Clarion writing workshop, and (last but not least) gave birth to the little goddess. And the whole time, I’ve been living this weight loss journey.

I feel like an old woman on this board so I thought I would celebrate by sharing what I’ve learned on this journey.
    1. Practice the life you want to lead every day. Whatever habits you learn while getting to goal weight are habits that will stick with you. Good and bad. So if you beat yourself up while losing weight, it won’t suddenly stop when that number flips over at the scale.
    2. You are not anyone else. If someone loses weight eating nothing but fava beans and Twinkies that does not mean it will work for you. You can’t compare yourself to others and you shouldn’t judge others choices because they picked a path different from yours.
    3. You CAN do this. I am not saying it’s easy. I am not saying you won’t have set-backs. BUT I am saying that this is nothing compared to all the other things you’re capable of. Seriously, you’re awesome. Believe it. Fake it until you do.
    4. YOU are not the success at the scale. You are a complicated and phenomenal human being and you deserve love, respect, and happiness as any other person no matter what loss or gain you have today.
    5. Whatever you want to do, you shouldn’t wait. You want to learn how to surf? You want to rock climb? A new job? You want to meet the man of your dreams? Weight loss will not make these things happen. YOU will make these things happen. You have one life to live, don’t waste it waiting for the perfect size to be happy.

Those are my sage words of wisdom, people!

I will leave you with some before and after pics because I am so darn cute, who doesn't want to see pics of me?!

• You are darn cute, it's true! Congrats on 10 years!
  • Happy Anniversary Jessica! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post and pictures.

Hope the little goddess is doing well!
  • Happy Anniversary Jessica!! Thank you for sharing. You are such an inspiration. And darn cute!
  • You're not just cute, you're adorable. I hope the little goddess has your smile!

Thanks so much for the thoughtful, inspiring post.
  • Thank you for sharing. I love reading your posts. You have such tremendous insight and wisdom - especially rare in one as young as you are. You ARE cute - and beautiful, too - and wise beyond your years. Little Goddess is very fortunate to have you as a mom. She is also going to be wise beyond her years. Have a great rest of your life. You are one of my inspirations.

Lin
  • I really love your message! Thanks for the words of wisdom and inspiration. You look terrific and happy!
  • Wow I you look so confident. I can't wait to see the pounds drop!!
    Happy 3fc anniversary!!
  • Happy Tenth, Goddess Jessica,

Thanks for sharing your insights and your pictures.
  • You have been an inspiration to me for a long time. Not just for weight loss, but for embracing life. Your triathlons are particularly awesome. Happy anniversary!
  • Great message, very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
  • What an awesome story, thank you for sharing your journey! Happy tenth anniversary!
  • Happy anniversary , thanks for sharing your thoughts. I couldn't agree more with what you say and I feel this sums it up : Practice the life you want to lead every day :
  • Happy anniversary and congrats on the 10 years!
  • Thanks for sharing what you have learned so far and congratulations on sticking to it.

You are awfully darned cute

ETA - you just know the fava bean and twinkie diet would be a best seller