"Lazy River" water workout

• Just wondering if anyone else has done the Lazy River water workouts? I tried it yesterday for the first time... it was FUN and a real workout. There was an aerobics class going on, and I did that part of the time, but the rec pool was plenty big enough that I could go on the outer part and just work out and stuff. I had the heaviest water hand weights and was trying to swim upriver but LOL I was either going backwards or, at best, swimming in place.

I loved it. Unfortunately this pool schedule is such that I will be able to do it only on Saturday mornings... during open swim times it is open but packed with tons of kids on inner tubes, so I am told.
  • I do not have a lazy river near me, but I think it sounds like a lot of fun! I have heard of others walking laps against the current.
  • Was the class at a ymca? It's one of my summer goals to try one of the outside water classes. Glad you enjoyed it
  • Hi. No, the class was at a rec center/pool at a nearby city. I wish it was available more often but during the public swim times the pool is so overcrowded that people have to stand in line 30 min or more before it opens and get one of the handed out tickets to even get in. But I do plan to get up on Saturday mornings and get over there.