leg cramps

• Hi friends- I am in week 4. I have had really bad leg cramps at night espcially. I shared with my coach & they put me on extra vitamin with slow release. I still have them pretty bad. Anyone else experience this or find resolution?

Thanks!
  • I'm not on IP, but Ketosis gives me leg cramps. I take a Magnesium suppliment if they get too bad to bear. Some extra salt might help too.
  • I am not on IP but I do get leg cramps at night. I eat a banana everyday for the potassium. Lack of potassium is supposed to be one of the causes of leg cramps. If bananas are not allowed on IP , be sure your vitamins include potassium.
  • potassium and magnesium balance are important. make sure you're getting enough.
  • I had bad leg cramps back when I was pregnant... my doc suggested Magnesium supplement, and it worked wonders. So whenever they come back, I start taking them again.
  • I have that too! Its so annoying. I am going to try the magnesium tonight! I do have the supplement but maybe I need more.
  • I got them when pregnant too, especially when I forgot my prenatal vitamin. I've heard it's lack of potassium.
  • I take potassium and calcium-magnesium on IP. They seem to help.
  • Double up on your potassium pills for three consecutive days - it should help!