and another new member!

• Hello all! New here..My name is Sarah, I am a mom, two girls, 12 and 9. I've been browsing through this forum and it looks like a great place for advice, support and tips I've tried numerous different diets and haven't found one that worked, hmmm maybe I should say I gave up on all of them. I am def an emotional eater and I've never sought help for that. If I am angry, down, frustrated, scared, I eat. I go through sugar phases where that's all I crave and want to eat..like simple carbs and candy. I then put weight on and freak out and then omit sugar..it's a vicious tiring cycle and I'm really wanting to break it, which is why I am here. I am 33, I turn 34 in Sept and I want to feel good and look good. I recently moved and so I am lonely and alone everyday. I ate junk for the last 3 weeks and now I am back on the health wagon again. I really need to get to the root. In the past I would drink alcohol to feel better and now I no longer drink. Food became the escape. I have dreams, I love fashion and I am yearning for the confidence that I know is in me, but it never stays. Actually I would prefer to have confidence regardless of my weight, it seems if I am down in weight, I'm happy, confident etc..if I go up, well out the window goes my confidence. That can't be healthy can it?

anyways to name a few diets I've tried are, Atkins, Southbeach, juicing, courting calories, working out, various gyms, and reg exercising..I just can't seem to get below 170!

Current weight 171 (I'm 5'7 ) and my goal weight is 138-143..around there.

Well hope to make some friends!
  • Welcome to the forum!
    Many of us are emoitional eaters and it is a tough thing to work through but possible.
    Since you are loney, if you can afford it, I would suggest joining an exercise class. It will give you an opportunity to meet new people (mostly women) in your area. Plus, it will give you a reason to get out of the house to do something postive for yourself.
    Wishing youall the best in your weight loss journey!
  • Hey, there! Welcome to 3FC!
    Everybody is different. Specific diets such as South Beach and Atkins don't work for everyone. There is a key to weight loss. Maybe on these forums, you can find yours, from what others have done.
    Stay positive!