Exercise Accountability

You're on Page 9 of 22
Go to
  • the scale always goes down for me right at the end of TOM...today i'm at 190-point-something so that means i'm maintaining a 40-pound loss...just need to keep losing some more

had my last early morning workout this morning....when school starts next week i work a split shift, 7-8 a.m. and then 12-6 p.m....so i will be working out around 10 a.m. after teenager goes to high school

today i'm finishing up all the loose ends in getting my program up and running for the start of school...a thousand little details that make the program successful...i still have no staff ...tonight we're going to the fights and i have a cute outfit...im a little nervous about that lol
  • I am so close to meeting my August goal a week early. I just need to lose 4 more lbs. I think I can do that by next Thursday's weigh-in if I really work at it. I know I can do it!
    Today is the 1st day in a looong loooooong time that I woke up and said I don't want to exercise. I don't wanna go to the Y. I'd rather go back to bed. But I'm not giving in to that. I have a goal to conquer!
  • Quote: today i'm finishing up all the loose ends in getting my program up and running for the start of school...a thousand little details that make the program successful..
    I know how you feel, next week is when we get into school to start setting up and I'm stressing already. It's about time to head over to Staples buy about $300 in school supplies.

I hit the gym yesterday, amazed I made myself go! I did 30 minutes legs (on the bike) and then abs and arms. I'm tired but it's worth it.
  • So time for me to check in.

Kiiinda frustrated this week. I went down to 302 Friday last week and then Tuesday came around and I was 305.. And I've been working out more than ever before so, wtf?!

I think part of it was I over-did it on the low carb ice cream and ice pops... they're low carb.. for A serving, not 2 or 3 at a time... So that was my bad. My sweet tooth got the better of me.

Anyway, today we went out to Ponderosa for my mom's birthday (it's tomorrow) and I'm really proud of the fact that I could have, like my mom, loaded up on sweets and sugars and said what the heck, but I didn't. I stayed low-carb and had shrimp, steak, and chicken, and then some taco beef with cheese sause. All low-carb and all OK.

I'm still learning to not eat just because I'm bored. I'm still kinda full from earlier but it's probably good to eat a small item so my metabolism keeps going. Maybe a small tuna salad...

Anyway, swam Monday, walked Monday, Tuesday I swam and walked as well. Wednesday my sister decided she had to come over to be babysat so I didn't get to go to the pool, and I was really exhausted from running all over with her (we walked about 3/4ths of a mile to the local big-lots) so I didn't do my normal near-3-miles walk that day. Swam yesterday but no walk because I had an upset stomach! UGH! Then today my mom and I hung out for her birthday and I treated her to lunch and all and she complained that my sister and brother in law costed her 40 bucks for her birthday while I actually spent money on her, considering I'm on unemployment and my sis and her hubby make 50,000 a year combined. Oh well, I guess it's nice to hear in her own way that I was being considerate and she had a good time.

Adopted two kitties out today!! YAY! Will be taking the dogs with me tonight for our walk as normal and get back into the swing of things.

While my mom and I were out we hit Wal-Mart in Clay, NY, not our normal one in Cicero.. Picked up new tires for my bike and I'm pretttty sure my mom's gonna get me a bike helmet for Christmas... But also, I FOUND A SWIM CAP ON CLEARANCE *AND* a nose plug and ear plugs! I am SO going to the pool tomorrow to swim and try them out! YAY!

Alright, speak to you fine ladies tomorrow! ^_^
  • Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the board but would love to connect with other 30s warriors here.

My name is Maureen and I'm 33. I've been doing Chalean Extreme for almost a month now. Will finish the Burn Phase next week. So that's what I did today, Burn It Off (high intensity workout for 27 minutes) then a stretching exercise too.

Have a great weekend
  • @TatterScoops - Welcome! ^_^ Is Chalean kinda like Zumba?
  • Thank you Wolfshadow, Chalean Extreme is different than Zumba. It uses a lot of strength training using dumbbells or bands but also have days where we do cardio. I've tried Turbo Fire but found the pivoting too hard to do
  • Sat is my day off from the y and regimented exercise but I still try to do some activity. Today my mama and I took my 2 yr nephew to the ocean. Got about 90 mins of walking in sand and playing in the freezing cold waves. But he had an absolute blast! It was a good day, and the kiddo slept the whole 2 hour drive home which was much better than the non-stop Are-we-there-yets during the drive there.
  • @Chubbygirl253: The ocean is a great workout and 90 minutes?! I'd be asleep the whole two hour ride right along with the little one.

As for me, I am off on a bike ride today, hopefully. I didn't do anything yesterday so I'm a bit peeved with myself but I won't let one day become "Oh I'll start back Monday" like I usually do.

Late-date Edit: Did 17 miles on the bike path; Google calculated 1900 calories burned, haha! Went out for dinner after and had gluten free pizza with spinach and black olives and splurged on a diet soda. All in all, felt good about the pizza. It was also, literally, the only thing I had to eat today save 1 egg and a piece of toast (poor planing on our parts.) So, I am okay with it! The only thing I should have done is moderated how much pizza I ate because I am coming home sans leftovers. Oh well, I'm still pretty happy with the day!
  • I had a great day today! I ran 5k today....WITHOUT STOPPING!! My new runners and mp3 player are wonderful additions to my routine. Then this afternoon my partner, daughter and I all went on a hike and then played in the ocean. Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday!
  • my exercise is going good. Yesterday was my day off from exercising at the Y but my mama and I took my 2-yr-old nephew Aiden to the ocean. Spent 90 mins walking on sand and playing in the surf/wave jumping. We had so much fun!

Today was back to the Y and my usual routine of machines and classes.

Today was PiYo cardio, the really hard class I tried last Sunday. I'm so proud of myself for going back today in addition to:
    30mins strength training
    45mins elliptical w/arms
    35mins cross trainer
    10mins rowing machine
    5 mins stair stepper machine---HARD!!! I'll get better, it was my 1st time

All in all I got 2.5 hrs cardio and .5 hrs strength training today. I'm sore but in the good way.
  • im just writing and posting because i keep things in my head too long...ive had such sinus problems and sore throat this weekend and i know it's because i spent two days inhaling dust in my classroom...and sometimes at night, when i'm home alone with everything done, i just get overwhelmed with sadness and i'm not sure where it even comes from

im stressed because i start the winter program at my school tomorrow...on my own, with no staff, with new students, with no computer hooked up and a ton of things that i still need to do...i'm sad that i wont be seeing the students that i worked with all summer because they are at another school...im still getting used to the idea that my baby boy is going off to high school...i dont think i even LOOK like a high school mom but some days i just feel so very very old

on top of the motorcycle accident this week that took someone's life...today we learned that someone from our village committed suicide last night i didnt know him but he was the BIL of someone that i know very well...and i know he was out last night looking for his BIL only to find him dead...and i know that family is grieving and i dont have any way to reach any of them in the village...and i want so badly to reach out to them and i cant

i dont know whats wrong with me to be so very very sad tonight and emotional....or if i'm even making any sense
  • Alaskanlaughter, I am so sorry to hear about all the loss recently in your life. I pray that you can find a peace and stay positive about something. There has to be something.

I, too, have a high-schooler this year. Although, he is my oldest it still doesn't feel like he should be this old. Because I am not that old.

Well, anyway, I hiked on Saturday and even if I didn't keep up with the kids the entire way, I still hung in there and finished the whole hike without dying.
    Today was back to walking/power-walking but, I am starting to have some really bad pain in my heel. I have a check-up with a new doctor on Wednesday so maybe I will ask him about it if it doesn't feel better by then. I will also be weighed that day....UGH!
  • alaskanlaughter- I'm so sorry! Things are hard right now but it will get better. keep your head up. prayers are coming your way!

I got 3 hours of cardio in today:
    15 mins rowing machine
    5 mins stair stepping machine (feels like 5 hours!)
    45 mins elliptical
    45 mins recumbent cross trainer machine
    45 mins yoga
    25 mins c25k training walking/jogging in intervals

And I'm super duper proud of myself because I moved up to week 2 of c25k today and I did it! I wasn't sure I could, but I did! I'm so awesome!
  • Hey guys, time for me to check in.

So this Saturday was my mom's birthday and we've literally been celebrating all weekend. I didn't walk most of the week, but I was swimming since it was the last week the pool's open. Now it's time to find my unemployment and food stamps awards letters and see if I can get a membership at the Y.

So Saturday I went swimming from 2 until 4:15. I did a TON of laps instead of the normal lighter workout, and man were my legs feeling it. I then walked .5 miles to my mom's with her gifts. Didn't do my normal walk that night which I was kinda upset at myself over. We went to Denny's and I caved and decided to cheat since everybody else was getting what they wanted. Had the strawberry / white chocolate pancake puppies and a 'midwestern' sandwhich which is pot roast, mashed potatos and gravy, and fries on a bun. So bad for you but SO good. Plus they gave mashed potatos as a side... So full.

Yesterday, Sunday was the party with my grandma and other extended family, and Grandma of course, had to say something snarky about how much I ate (which was easily less than my BIL whom has one of those metabolisms where he gets to eat everything he wants and doesn't gain a pound)..

Anyway, did my walk last night and took me about an hour and a half to do.. Also did some lifts with my pair of 3 pound barbells. 5 Below sells 5 pound ones for 5 bucks each, I'll probably be investing in a pair soon.

Today, I finally got my bike fixed! Took a 3 mile bikeride, lasted about an hour. MAN my legs are feeling it!! I worked muscles I didn't even think I had!

Weighed myself and thankfully I only gained 1.8 pounds from the 2 day cheat event, which shouldn't be too hard to take back off. My mom said she was proud of me for 'not letting the numbers get to me' and that the weight will come back off. D'aww.

Anyway, plan on taking my walk again but I'm debating if it'll be a shorter version since my legs are kinda sore from my bike ride or if I'll do the whole nearly 3-mile walk. Talk to you ladies later!