Birthday breakfast – Kerbey lane cafe calories!

• Hey Chicks,
    I’m in Austin this summer from London and it’s my birthday this week (yay) I have decided to take myself to Kerbey lane cafe and treat myself to pancakes. I am thinking maybe one or two if i’m feeling brave. Do you think the calories will compare to iHOP since I have no idea how to estimate the cals especially with so many flavours? I may also be tempted by the bacon, unless anyone has must try kerbey lane breakfast ideas to share!
    Thanks!
  • When I'm eating somewhere without nutrition info, I usually check at least 3 similar restaurants with as close as possible similar meal. Then you can get a better idea of the range you might be eating, and estimate as needed.

The range might be quite wide, so I always feel it's better to estimate up.
  • Welcome to Austin!

We love Kerbey Lane. It is my kids' favorite place to eat, because of the pancakes. They sell pre-packaged pancake mixes that have the nutritional value on them. And you could figure out what else they add by the instructions. I remember seeing the packages on a calorie counting site also, maybe livestrong?

They have a lot of breakfast options that are more nutrient dense than the pancakes (not that I'm trying to talk you out of them!). They have several egg-based dishes to choose from and you can get them made with just egg whites. They also have very good migas, salads, soups and sweet potato fries! And they usually have a vegan option pancake and a gluten free pancake.

When I take the kids, I usually get an omlette with veggies or breakfast tacos in whole wheat. But I can go any time so it's not special, just something to eat while my kids get their pancake and bacon fill!