Back from vacation =[

• Well, the vacation finally panned out, and we went. I ate extremely well the whole time, with the exception of some french fries. I let myself have that one splurge.

I got home, hopped on the scale this morning, and to my horror I was back at 211lbs!

I'm assuming that's because of an increase in sodium and water retention, because I walked at least 5-6mi/day while I was away, ate right, but didn't get to drink as much as I would at home. I also ate a bit more than I usually do. Portion sizes were huge, and because I was away, I didn't want to wander around with leftovers. I hate wasting expensive food, so I sucked it up and overate once or twice (just a little).

Only time will tell...

Anyway, back on the strict plan for week #5 of WW!
  • What did you weigh before you left for vacation?
  • Sometimes on vacation, you eat healthy--just a little more than usual--and it takes a few days to empty the extra food from your stomach. That's all. (Also, I think sometimes flying bloats you a little.)
  • lin Before I left I was 206.
    hungry I didn't fly, but I definitely sat in the car too long, and didn't drink nearly enough fluids. I do hope that it goes back to normal!

I did have a productive and healthy day. Lots of fruits (snacking during the day) and a big greek salad for dinner (light on cheese). I also drank a lot of water today. I hope to see some nice changes on the scale tomorrow!
  • I'm guessing you were probably in the heat for long periods of time as well? Not to worry, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Just give your body a chance to catch up and everything will work out.
  • I just got back from vacation on Sunday night and had done a pretty good job eating wise. Mondays are my weigh-in day, and I was down .8 lbs. I was happy enough with that and stayed on plan Monday. When I checked the scale Tuesday, I was down another 2.5 lbs! And that was the same weight I saw again this morning too. So, just give it a day or two and see if it normalizes after a couple of clean days with lots of water!
  • Probably water weight, or maybe that time of the month.
  • I've dropped back down to 208 today. Whew. That I can deal with. Once I get back to 206, I'll be on track again. Yay!
  • Whew! It took a few days, but I finally am seeing losses again! I'm now below my lowest weight before leaving. Thanks for your support! = ]
  • That's great! Water whooshes are great fun.
  • It's true! They are. I might woosh again tomorrow. We'll see. That would be fantastic = D