Oh...no...pouch is not chicken friendly

• I rely heavily on chicken for my daily meals. Today and yesterday chicken did not sit well at all in my pouch. I know this can happen from time to time but I'm almost a year post weight loss surgery...I didnt expect this now and it leaves me with so few protein choices

I gotta spend some time browsing Linda's Low Carb recipe site for some other ideas.

Beef is too rich so I can eat very little of it and pork...well...I'm porked out! It sits well but I had it so often that I dont want to see it for a while. And I cant do bacon either anymore...now that's disappointing.

Any ideas or suggestions???
  • i haven't had WLS but sore bellies are universally unpleasant!!

What about ground turkey, lamb, tofu, fish and other sea food?
  • So many possibilities with seafood. I like cooking tilapia with lemon butter, or blackening seasoning. Shrimp scampi, scallops, lobster (too expensive for me), crab, crawfish, salmon cooked with olive oil and seasonings, tuna steaks... endless possibilities
  • Wish I had some suggestions...
  • Thanks for the suggestions. Ill have to buy some turkey & see if I have the same reaction as the chicken.

I made some chili for dinner & I have enough for lunches for the week. Seafood is tricky - tuna is a no-go. I LOVE shrimp - but have none in the house. I have Tilapia - that can be tomorrow's dinner. I also have some minute steaks - might make rouladen sometime this week....mmmm...pickles!