Depo Shot Help

• I have a quick question for the women of IP: I read somewhere that the pill becomes inactive on IP, but what about the depo shot? Does that still work?
    Thanks!
  • I have the IUD - not the depo shot, but I havent had any issues.
  • Quote: I have a quick question for the women of IP: I read somewhere that the pill becomes inactive on IP, but what about the depo shot? Does that still work?
    Thanks!
    Seriously, this is something you want to talk to your doctor about, I wouldn't trust anything as serious as birth control to the opinion of a chat room. I've seen at least one member here mention surprise baby.
  • I agree with GrandmaKiss. I would check with your doctor. I'm on the depo shot as well, but not for contraception as DH is fixed. LOL! Its for gyne issues, and my cycles have been ALL OVER THE PLACE since starting IP. I haven't had a period in over a year, and since IP I've had 4 periods in 2 months and tons of spotting. Hormones are mobilized when fat cells are burned, so cycles can be crazy and you could be fertile when you think you're not. Get it checked to be sure.
  • Thank you all for the advice. I'll call my doctor tomorrow.
  • I'm on nuvaring... I'm like clock work
  • Well I'm a guy but I remember in the intro meeting the mention of IP babies and the need for extra protection while on the pill, ie condoms. I would talk to your doctor too but also find out why is it an issue on IP so you can give your doctor that info and he or she can get you the best solution.