I just turned 30 and I no longer want to be big.

• In my twenties I ranged from 200-290. In Fact I weighed 290 a couple of months before July 7th when I turned 30. Now that I am 30 I have made it a personal goal to no longer "struggle." I realize now that it's not a struggle if you put your mind to loosing weight and think of it as a fun challenge to get to be healthy as the prize.

I now give myself one year from now to get to 230 that will be a total of sixty pounds. I want to loose healthy and if it happens faster it happens faster but I'm not counting on it and I think that will be its reward in itself.

I have many things against me Fibromyalgia,Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and I'm on psych meds! I feel though that can no longer be an excuse.

I hope to be up there on the goal chart next year.

Lisa
  • I know how u feel!!! Im w u. If u need a buddy we can help eachother
  • I turned 30 last August and I can honestly say, while I wasn't looking forward to turning 30, I have made this the best year of possibly my life. I got so many aspects of my life together this year, I feel accomplished, and more confident and happy. There is just something about that number 30 that finally lit a fire in me.

Here's to making your first year in your 30s great!
  • Thank you to both. I definitly need a buddy.

Lisa
  • I'm turning 30 in a couple of weeks and I know where you're coming from. The first half of 29 was particularly hard for me so I've spent the last 6+ months trying to get my weight and health on a good track. It hasn't been easy but every small step we take is a step in the right direction. Hang in there and keep your eyes on the goal! You can do this!
  • Congrats on making the commitment to healthy weight loss! I'm a step behind you--I'm 29 and will be 30 in 10 months. I want to start my 30's healthy. My 30's will not look like my 20's.
  • Congrats on making the commitmen. I am kinda living the same situation here.... wish me luck
  • I'm 30 and I also can relate to your post. There's something about turning 30 for me that made me want to reevaluate my life and jump-start my diet and exercise plans. Sounds like the same thing happened for you. Good luck on your journey and keep us posted!
  • I feel so good about myself in my 40s with my weight loss, my fitness level, and my body shape (thanks to exercise) that I wish I hadn't wasted my 30's being fat!

Don't say you hope, say you WILL! You go girl!!

• Congrats to you on making positive changes!!

I turned 40 in 2011 and when that January rolled around, I made the same decision for myself and I will tell you...my life has become more joyous, more interesting and more fulfillng than I ever imagined. I'm still working on my last few pounds, but almost every single day, I thank 2011-ME for taking the first step and sticking with it all this time. It's phenomenal to be a normal weight person!
  • You can do this!

I vowed to not spend my 30s in the emotional and physical upheaval like my 20s! I reached my goal shortly after turning 30 last fall, and I want to spend every minute of this decade feeling great!

There is no better time than now to change your life!
  • Welcome!!

I'm turning 30 relatively soon and it's a pretty big motivator for me to get this weight off, too. Keep posting and reading, you'll get some great insight here.
  • I started my weight loss journey about 1 1/2 weeks after turning 30. I don't know what exactly clicked, if it was turning 30 or something else but I am so glad I did. I'll be 32 in August and although I am not quite where I would like to be - I am not spending my 30s like I spent my 20s!

You can do this!
  • I turn 30 in August and that was a big part of my motivation! I want my 30s to be stable and healthy!

Here's to our 30s!
  • Thank you for all of the kind responses.

Lisa