IP Daily Chat Weekend 7/7-8/12

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • It's been a loooong day so far folks - went to get the car serviced at the dealership and brought along my son (hubby plays basketball every Sat morning). Figured I was golden with his favorite videos on the iPad, bubbles, milk, cheerios - the works. He had zero interest in any of these items and all interest in running around, throwing tantrums, climbing under showroom cars, knocking down kiosks, and throwing tantrums...and it took THREE HOURS to fix the dang car. I was too busy to drink much water, so I am chugging and salt-licking now trying to remedy this headache while he sleeps it off.

It's like he knows he's turning 2 next week and is getting a jumpstart! I love that little guy, but WHEW - I am GLAD he is NAPPING! Meeting up for dinner with my cousin who just moved to Plano in a bit - should be less stressful with my backup (hubs) around.

I think I'll wear one of my new fitting dresses that I fit into for about a minute in my early 30's! I did a closet cleanout earlier this week and am seriously down to the last of it - I am going to ask my mom when she's here next week for an 'honest opinion' on some items. Not sure if they are just too big, or I'm too cheap. I don't want to buy a new wardrobe until I am settled and maintained at goal (although then I plan to get preggers, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it). I've got a pile of goodstuff for the consignment shop for trade.

And I was thinking of actually adding some information to my terribly sparse blog. I do most of my typing here - there are so many great recipes and ideas that I LOVE I am going to try to work harder on compiling into my personal notebook.

Anyways - enjoy your afternoon folks - it's nice and peaceful at my house (for now). Going to get some chores done while I can!
  • I just wanted to add something about the coach telling you to only drink 80oz of water in a day. I don't have any of my sheets with me so you should probably look this up. When we are in ketosis weneed to drink extra water in order to keep our liver from getting damage done to it. Something about it needing the extra water in order to process the fat?

It is also important to listen to your body, if it says I'm thirsty, there is a reason.
  • Hello IPeeps, it's a nice calm day out on the water today and my Dramamine seems to be working, YEAY!

We have only caught one halibut and about thirty shrimp, so this tripos being chalked up to a scenic visit we are headed back towards Valdez harbor now and will make a stop on the way in for more halibut fishing... Wish us luck!!

I didn't get my WI this weekend since I am in Valdez but I did weigh myself on Tuesday morning before we left and I was at 144.6 so I am really hoping this sea sickness has not derailed me completely! I have been eating more protien than normal and a edamame mix that has some dried cranberries in it. So I guess more of a modified P2 week. I can't wait to see what I weigh when I get home... Lol then again maybe I should wait!

Wishing you all a lovely OP day!!
  • Good Afternoon from Hardy..

Well, i survived yesterdays trip down island to the bigger city..I watched my DH and my DD snack on chips and cheesies and coke during the entire car ride...That was fun :s I stayed completely OP and had my water..Though DH didnt want me to drink so much water because he didnt want me having to pee every 15 to 20 minutes...so i only got down 600 mls in 3 hours which sucked cause i felt really thirsty... I survived...We went shopping for DD's birthday coming up and then proceeded to eat at White Spot..I had a fake ceasar salad aka: lettuce, chargrilled chicken and ceasar dressing..It was a cesar vinegrette...and it was the only option between having nothing and ranch and thousand island and blue cheese..so i thought it would work..that is until i got home and went online and looked up nutritional values....I died!!! My ceasar salad which contained nothing more than lettuce, 2 tbsp of dressing and charbroiled chicken breast contained 537 calories!!! How is that freaking possible!! Well.. of course i didnt have the crutons or the cheese on top and i said no to the bread they served it with...so mabye its a higher count when you add all the extras... i dont know..All i know is..im never ordering a ceasar salad again..even without all the extras...Toooo high in calories for my tastebuds.

Needless to say..i arrived home alive and with the exception of the ceasar vinigrette i managed to survive my first trip down island OP, and in spite of wtching my DD and DH eating ice cream and cake on the boardwalk where we chose to go for are walk(some anniversary of the pier?? giving away free cake and ice cream) GO FIGURE!

Anywho...gonna go take a nap and drink some more water after..thank God im home.

PS: Anyone else feel bloated? I drink 4 litres a day on average and my stomach looks sooooo bloated and no its not TOM or extra salt....is it the heat or what????
  • DH and kids are making chocolate chip cookies. They smell so goood! Such support!!! Thank goodness I saved my restricted till now. I will enjoy a bar while they eat the cookies.

Question. Are you suppose to poo every day while on the IP diet? Even if this isn't your normal routine?

Thanks!
  • I'm very excited, I went to Savers today and bought 3 pairs of jeans, 2 belts and a pocketbook for $40! I wear jeans to work, and get bleach n them (pool store) so I don't like to pay a lot for them. plus with the weight loss...

The really exciting thing is....they're size 18!!!! (was 24). They're a touch tight. But notthat bad. I think they might look good enough to be not work jeans.

Just needed to share.
  • I am pretty sure I made "muffins" using cucumber instead of zucchini. Blech. I can't get the taste out of my mouth. Plus it is a pre-packed meal for my trip so now I will be short one! Thus far, this trip has not been going well. So weird how badly I want to give up all of a sudden and eat Mexican food!
  • I am going out to the movies tonight with some friends... I'm terrified that the popcorn will get me and that I'll cheat. Any suggestions? I've been 100% OP so far, and I'd hate to break it!
  • Take a restricted like peanut apple cinnamon chocolate or lemon puffs. Then you will not feel like you did not have a treat. If you do not need to eat it because it is an extra that might be a good thing, but they would be better than popcorn.
  • Quote: 1. Have you been checked for a chronic sllep apnea?
    2. I was shocked when I was diagnosed with chronic sleep apnea.
    3. If there is any doubt get the study done.
    4. Sleep apnea is a horrible thing and completely affects every organ in your
    body.
    5. Sleep apnea is very easy to treat!
    6. Sleep apnea is linked to obesity, if left untreated.
    7. Before diagnosed and treated, I had your symptoms!

The symptoms you are describing sound like Narcolepsy to me. There is medication out there for that, in addition to the sleep apnea treatment.

Good luck. My symptoms and need for treatment disappeared after losing quite a bit of weight.
    Thank you so much!

Quote: Good morning! Finally a break in the heat here in northern MI! YaY! And we got a bit of rain overnight, with more predicted today. The brown lawn will appreciate that. And maybe I'll get some housework done now. The old window A/C unit just couldn't keep up with the heat/humidity.

I too have been struggling with C on/off, though it isn't severe. Are all (or most of) the products listed above available OTC?

Make it a good OP day everyone!

Cindy
    Yes, all OTC.

Quote: Drinking water (flavored or otherwise) is a struggle for me. Not that i drink other beverages either (okay 3 or 4 cups of black coffee a day, but i hear that may be a negative fluid count item). I'd probably drink 20 ounces if I don't push myself. I looked up the WF mayo and was set to order some, when I decided to check the store locator. I see there's a store not 5 miles from here that is supposed to carry it. I'll go see if they have it for real, and look for some water flavor packets by the cup sort of thing. I'm thinking tuna with some mayo in a green salad would be a great option. Straight out of the can tuna on salad made me a little sad the other night.

It's a beautiful Seattle day today. It will be nice to get outside.
    In my experience, its easier to drink a quantity of water through a straw.
  • 103 outside....YIKES...so hot...went cloth shopping today ..had to remind myself not to go to the plus side
  • I survived dinner out with my parents including my mother telling me I don't need to lose 20 pounds (even though she is 20 pounds lighter than me). Of course I don't need to, I want to. And I will be healthier for it.
  • Quote: Thank you! I actually started to phase off early (I finish up phase 3 tomorrow) because I'm going to New Orleans for a week on Wednesday. I think I'll probably start back up when I get back to finish up the last few pounds!

I go to Adult Care of Austin off William Cannon and Manchaca - it's my doctors office and I've been very happy with the coaching.

I live right by that Hyde Park so I'll def have to try it! Especially because I usually see my movies at Westgate so the location is perfect. I had a (bunless) burger with green beans at BJ's Brewhouse the other night and it was also fantastic!

I've been meaning to comment lately and tell you how AWESOME you look. You've obviously made wonderful progress and it shows not only in your new figure but in your body language as well.
    Thank you very much!

Someone on here (sorry I forget who) mentioned that the Genghis Grill is a good choice for an IP dinner too. I know there is one at West Gate not too far down from Central Market. It's now on my list too.

Have a great time in New Orleans. We are stopping in Galveston for a couple of beach days in early August and then driving to New Orleans for about 4 days ourselves.

Quote: Those 5 lbs have gotten me into ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!! I haven't been here in over two years and I am absolutely thrilled! To think that I have lost 26lbs is crazy - I wish I took more pictures of myself at the start of this so I could really visualize the difference.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
    Congrats on crossing over to onederland!

Quote: 33" shorts and size M t-shirts acquired.

Quote: I started phase 2 yesterday to get ready for my surgery on the 18th. I wanted to be in phase 3 by my surgery day. I am sooooo close to my goal, so I will just finish the last few pounds after I heal up from my surgery. I might be mia again this week because I will be spending a lot of time with my family. I will be thinking of all of you and sending good thoughts your way!!!
    Good luck with your surgery, and I'm sure you will do great. Just remember you will feel bloated after, and it does last for a time, so get up and walk a lot. It really does help. Happy healing!

Quote: Hi! Hope you're all good
    I've been dealing with low blood pressure lately, this happen to anyone else? :/ I've been dizzy, too, because of it.
    I'm thinking I might not be having enough salt so I'll be more careful with that.
    Also, I wish I would lose more weight in my arms/back instead of my legs/butt. Seriously, my jeans just get looser and looser and it seems all my weight left to lose is on the top side of my body ugh haha
    I so wish we could spot reduce, oh well.

At 9:00 pm it's still 90 degrees outside, but at least the sun has gone down, so I think I will talk my husband into taking the dogs out for a nice long walk since I didn't make it to the gym today. Have a good evening everyone!
  • Oh my gosh! That was sooo hard. Definitely won't be going to the movies for awhile. I'm proud, though. I didn't cheat!
  • First big family party tomorrow, but it's our house. I still don't have confirmation that there will be veggies I can eat (DH is coordinating, but people are bringing). So, it's at my house, so I can just go to the fridge and grab a pepper or something.

Next weekend's party (one almost every weekend) is at my sister in-aw's and I'll just have to bring a veggie, they usually have burgers, so to won't be an issue. I dont want to bring a shake and stick out too much.

Fireworks are rescheduled to tomorrow night because of all of the rain were not having, oh well.

Have a good night.

Lynn