IP Daily Chat Friday 7/6/12

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Good Friday morning all, it is another hot day in Florida with a chance for thunderstorms... we need the rain but when it rains it really rains lately, we got 5 inches during Debby and another inch on the 4th . It could be worse, we could be in a draught like last summer. Have a great day all!
  • Has anyone cheated and had a vodka tonic?? Will it throw me out of ketosis? Weight gain?
  • Howdy folks - wish me luck! Have WI#18 today at 1pm! I'm treating myself to a massage at 4pm....I told preschool I had a work meeting until 5pm, so they are keeping the little guy longer today (I usually pick him up at 3pm - but they are pretty flexible), so I know he'll be in good hands!

I have a pile of clothes that I'm going to exchange at a consignment store for credit. My first pile I sold at rock bottom prices at a garage sale - but they were pretty much all run down Old Navy size 14/16s & XL. But this next batch are from younger, single (smaller) days and a little nicer - so I think I can probably get more for them and figured consignment credit is the way to go - not all of them are pregnancy appropriate/growable. Hopefully will be swapping out a few more times! I am seriously down to the barebones - my closet looks like it's been robbed.

Quote: Since l gained lean muscle mass and lost body fat this past week, I'm trying to figure out what I did differently this past week and what I can do to make it happen again next week. The only difference is that I increased the amount of weights I lift. So, last night I was back in the gym really pushing it. Not sure if that is the answer, but at least my scale says I'm down a pound overnight, so something good came out of it.
    Hey Dana, I had the same thing last week - and hoping for it again this week. Same for me, as far as I gained lean mass last week (for the first time) and my only difference was (finally) increasing my weights. I had been pretty hesitant to do it, since I didn't want to increase intensity too much - it's still not as much as I did before - but I definitely feel the soreness. I think it's just so individual to find that balance - plus I think there was just a 'tipping point' for me as far as lean mass loss - I had been doing intense lifting up until day 1 of IP, so stopping cold turkey for 8 weeks probably contributed to that body comp change.

Last week I had a 2lb gain most of the week which eventually whooshed away to a -2lb overall loss and 4lb lean mass increase. This week I've also had a 2lb gain, which looks like I whooshed away this morning - we'll see what body comp tells me at my official WI today at 1pm!

Quote: Bleh....just finished my iced coffee shake with vanilla pudding. Forgot to make coffee last night, so had to use hot coffee this morning. Never got cold enough for my liking. Plus, the vanilla pudding did not shake up well, so I was eating chunks. Not a good start to the day!! Plus, I'm UP 3 pounds since Monday. Really not sure what's going on. Maybe the heat here is playing havoc with me....who knows. That I'm not really too upset about. I know that I'm eating what I'm supposed to, etc.
    I had to make my spinach smoothie with instant coffee & cold water this morning because I forgot to make & chill my coffee last night. The smoothie just doesn't come out 'right' with hot liquids, plus it just tastes better cold - especially in this HEAT! Don't sweat the scale - I've been up 2+lb all week and looks like I whooshed it away this morning, and then some. Same thing happened last week too. If you've been a good girl then you have nothing to worry about! Sounds like you have the right attitude!
  • Happy Friday! Feels like the second friday this week. Here's to staying OP today -- I brought extra packets to work since 3 p.m. seems to be my breakdown time.

I'm stoked b/c I've had a few NSV in the past 24 hours. First, I went on a run last night, and it felt great -- I know I'm not "supposed" to, but I have been running for 20 years, and it just keeps me right. And even though I wasn't at my best, I wasn't at my worst either. Then I went to the movies and didn't feel like I was missing out when I opted against popcorn. And this morning...I put on my size 10 white pants that I haven't worn in years. It is a good day!

Hope you all have fabulous OP days as well.
  • Hi everyone!

How is everyones Friday going so far?

There's alot of losers since yesterday! CONGRATS to everyone on the awesome weightloss.

I think I am over my panic about the veggies. I am going to take everyones suggestions and just start trying new things and roasting or grilling them.

Even though today is Friday it sure doesnt feel like it. It feels like a Tuesday. Thats ok though, at 4 o'clock today, IT'S THE WEEKEND!! Whoohooo!!

Everyone, have a 100% OP day. I know I will.

Oh P.S. I think I just found my favoritest (I know not a word but maybe )
    Lemon Pudding. Oh my goodness, I had it for Breakfast and it was soooo yummmy!!!
  • I have my first weigh-in today. I'm so anxious!
    Happy Friday!
  • Good morning,
    I'm planning to start IP on my own on Sun. I had a couple of questions before I start. Should I be taking two Centrum daily vitamins or one? On the vitamin threads I read it seemed that it was only 1 but wanted to check since it's listed a two of the IP daily vitamins on the ph I sheet.
    My other question is can you have too much protein? Since I had a reaction to the EAS shake I will be using Pea protein. It has 25g of protein per serving so I may be getting around 100g of protein a day. I read on a website somewhere that a protein calculation to use was .37x your current weight. So someone that's around 150 would need about 55g. The more you weigh the more protein needed to lose. Not sure on any of this so thought it best to check w/ the vet's
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • aimeed, you could try boiling a mix of veggies and then pureeing them into a soup so you can drink them. It's filling and delicious!

First WI today, and I am -6.8#. Hoping for -2 next week. My body definitely needs to catch up to the scale. I feel like I'm starting to get into a groove now.

One more week and I am adding some weightlifting. Woot! I miss it, but sleeping in is awesome!

Lots of WI's today. Good luck!
  • Good morning, everyone! It's a lovely day here in Louisiana! I'm off to Shreveport for the weekend! Got my foodstuffs packed.

Good luck to everyone who has a WI today! Congrats on the NSVs!

Hmmm, a massage sounds good, LizRR!

Have a good weekend, everyone!
  • Quote: Good Morning;

Great WI ~ Down 5.4 pounds this week!! Yes!!!
    Wow congratulations!!!

Quote: Good morning everyone! My daily weigh in for my chart confirmed it...I am losing like a mo'fo! Yesterday's yuckiness feeling must have been my body losing lots of fat. I'm down another 0.4 pounds, 166.2...really freaking strange for me to lose this much in a week...so it's 3.6 pounds lost as of today, half way through week 10 (WI 11 is Monday)...soooo bizarre!

I'm struggling with the idea that I'll have a regain this weekend sometime, just for no particular reason, don't know why I'm such a pessimist...oh well. I'm off to get ready for work, have a great day everyone!
    You are doing a great job!! Fantastic!! You will be one hot momma come Sturgis bike week!!

Quote: Good Friday morning all, it is another hot day in Florida with a chance for thunderstorms... we need the rain but when it rains it really rains lately, we got 5 inches during Debby and another inch on the 4th . It could be worse, we could be in a draught like last summer. Have a great day all!
    You have really been hit with the weather!! We are going to get a mild 86 degrees here today and I am thrilled! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Quote: I have my first weigh-in today. I'm so anxious!
    Happy Friday!
    How exciting! I bet you're going to do great!! Here's the Whoosh Fairy to help!
  • Happy Friday everyone. It's finally cooling down a little here in Colorado, and we are getting some much needed rain every afternoon, so no more fires this week! Today is my first full OP day of my restart program. I am hoping to quickly shed the 10 - 12 pounds that have crept back on over the last few months after maintaining for almost 2 years. Have a great Friday everyone.

Quote: Good Morning;

Yay. Awesome - WTG!!!

Quote: Hi everyone!

How is everyones Friday going so far?

There's alot of losers since yesterday! CONGRATS to everyone on the awesome weightloss.

I think I am over my panic about the veggies. I am going to take everyones suggestions and just start trying new things and roasting or grilling them.

Even though today is Friday it sure doesnt feel like it. It feels like a Tuesday. Thats ok though, at 4 o'clock today, IT'S THE WEEKEND!! Whoohooo!!

Everyone, have a 100% OP day. I know I will.

Oh P.S. I think I just found my favoritest (I know not a word but maybe )
    Lemon Pudding. Oh my goodness, I had it for Breakfast and it was soooo yummmy!!!
    I think that roasting and grilling veggies will be a life changer for you. If you like garlic, add lots of garlic. And mix it up with different spices. Any of these combinations will change it up and give the veggies lots of zing!!
  • Happy Friday Friends!
    Well I went to the clinic yesterday and found out what was wrong with me..my blood pressure was super low! I need to get into the Dr and have some of the BP meds lowered or removed. As a matter of fact I didn't take my beta blocker last night or the diruetic this am. I take one more pill which I went ahead and took today; but I feel so much better! Thanks all for your well wishes and concern; I am doing GREAT today!! It feels so wonderful to feel good!!
  • Quote: Good Morning;

greata weigh in!!! Congrats!
  • Quote: I'm stoked b/c I've had a few NSV in the past 24 hours. First, I went on a run last night, and it felt great -- I know I'm not "supposed" to, but I have been running for 20 years, and it just keeps me right. And even though I wasn't at my best, I wasn't at my worst either. Then I went to the movies and didn't feel like I was missing out when I opted against popcorn. And this morning...I put on my size 10 white pants that I haven't worn in years. It is a good day!
    The exercise thing is different for different people, you've been running for 20 years - you are probably more efficient and go at a lower perceived intensity than someone who starts it cold. Plus the longer you are in ketosis, your body gets more efficient at producing ketones. Just listen to your body, and log it so you can track if any tweaks need to be made - or if it's 'just right'.

Quote: I have my first weigh-in today. I'm so anxious!
    Happy Friday!
    Good Luck! Mine is today at 1pm! #18 for me and I still get the butterflies!

Quote: Happy Friday Friends!
    Well I went to the clinic yesterday and found out what was wrong with me..my blood pressure was super low! I need to get into the Dr and have some of the BP meds lowered or removed. As a matter of fact I didn't take my beta blocker last night or the diruetic this am. I take one more pill which I went ahead and took today; but I feel so much better! Thanks all for your well wishes and concern; I am doing GREAT today!! It feels so wonderful to feel good!!
    Awesome! I'm glad they were able to figure that out. And you know what - you are getting so healthy you need to get the BP meds lowered/removed...how great is that.
  • Happy Friday everyone. Back into the swing of things here. Even after being "off" for a few days for my sister's wedding, I still lost 2.5 pounds. I'll take it! Although I almost don't believe it.. I seriously wonder sometimes if my clinic's scale is broken. Sounds like everyone is having some good losses. Keep up the good work! Have a good weekend.