New girl :-)

• Hey everyone! My name is April and I am 25 years old...getting married in January and my last dress fitting was tight so here I am. I had lost 20 lbs when I ordered my dress and of course gained it back :-( I am hoping to lose at least 70lbs but I set small goals along the way! I look forward to being able to share my ups and downs with people who understand what its like!

I need motivation that is what I lack the most. If I don't see major results I feel like a failure and think why even bother.
    I have also become a Type 2 diabetic which is miserable along with high BP. Oh, and I have PCOS, yes I know a train wreck!. I would like kids someday and would like to grow old with my soon to be husband and if things do not change I don't know that I will.
  • Hi April, I just joined the forum recently as well, but everyone's been super supportive and I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and best of luck for the path ahead
  • I've also had the problem of giving up when I don't see the results I want. Well, I'm 54 and still obese, while I have friends who did not give up, and are now normal. So, my plan is to Never Give Up! Just keep going and take one day at a time and if I overindulge, then it was just a moment of pleasure and I am not a failure.

I hope you can learn what will work for you at your young age. You will spare yourself a lot of heartache. This forum and the people on it are amazing! Read the success stories and you will be motivated... if they can do it... then you and I could do it too! Good luck!
  • Hello and welcome!