IP daily chat Saturday and Sunday June 30 & July 01, 2012

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Butterscotch pudding & coffee ~

I make coffee, chill it, mix w/ butterscotch pudding & a little water, 2 Tbsp WF caramel syrup, shake. Add ice & shake again, & enjoy.
    Thank you!
  • Anyone know the raw to cooked ratio for something like a pork tenderloin?

I just made one in the crock pot, but think the measurements must be off. The package said it was just shy of five pounds, but when I weighed it after cooking it was only 26 oz.

Surely a lean meat like that couldn't have shrunk to a third of its size!! I know the scale was correct in the post cook weight, but I'm wondering if the weight on the package was wrong somehow...
  • Quote: Dana,
    I love your pictures! You look fantastic!
    Thank you so much!
  • Quote: 15 pounds is excellent!
    Dana,
    Your photos show a gorgeous change. IP is such a great diet.
  • Quote: Butterscotch pudding & coffee ~

I make coffee, chill it, mix w/ butterscotch pudding & a little water, 2 Tbsp WF caramel syrup, shake. Add ice & shake again, & enjoy.

Ooh this sounds delicious. Have to check to see if my starter kit includes butterscotch pudding.
  • Seriously, that freakin chocolate drink ice cream is amazing. I'm coming in on my last day of phase 3 tomorrow, and i think that ice cream will be in my freezer sometime in the future for a quick snack. Since i have my restricted at night *and the choc drink is obviously NOT restricted* , i crush up a few choc soy balls and add them in for a crunch "choc chip" texture. I bet the peanut butter ones would make an awesome reese cup ice cream.. incredible.

Anyway, I've been obsessing over upcoming phase 4 (tuesday) -- I'm super nervous. I'm also really excited, but i'm petrified of putting weight back on or blowing the guidelines just for lack of not knowing the "new menu." I'm so used to phase 1. Phase 2 was pretty simple.. Phase 3 things got a little hairy.. Now i'm SO SO scared to screw up this life long thing. I'm going to give it my all and really try to keep portions small and only do as i'm told, but i have to be completely honest... is the [I]beast[I] really tamed? i feel like once i have the food back, will i totally take advantage of it and binge? i mean, i argue with myself and say, i have toast and ONE tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast.. i stop at that... Why wouldn't i be able to control myself at any other time? Ugh, i don't know. I guess it's just an internal battle that i'm going to have to get over. It's the change that makes me nervous, i suppose. I'll just have to get used to it like i did phase one in the beginning. Get some menu items down and plan things out like i have the past 8 months. That's my plan for now.. find some lunches and dinners that are maintenance worthy, write them down and stick to the menu. i'm hoping to have 15 or so meals that i can switch up so i don't get sick of anything quickly..,.. Sorry for the long rant Just had to vent to people who may understand. my husband is so sick of hearing me obsess over food.
  • Quote: I just joined this forum yesterday, and found this thread today. I'm glad I did. Weekend plans included getting all of the fat clothes out of my closet and pricing them (along with some other stuff) for a yard sale next weekend.

On another note, this past week at work was SUPER busy for me. In the past I would have gone out to dinner with several alcoholic beverages on Friday after work. This week, when I was feeling worn out and frustrated, I stepped on the scale. This was a quick reminder of why I've chosen this program.

Keep this thread going. I like seeing what everyone's up to.
    check in daily. There is always a daily chat thread. Welcome!

Quote: Oh yes,I will definitely be documenting that! I've wanted a DVF Wrap dress for decades, never could justify the price, but losing 50 lbs definitely calls for something über-special.
    I'm not into dresses but I am excited for you. I know many of you were excited for me when I bought myself a watch for loosing seventy pounds. I am buying a new bed once I hit 125# whichmismhalf way! I am not sure what they cost but if you can afford it do it. You've done so well. I hope you share photos! I stole the Disney line from the Super Bowl.

Quote: I have the vanilla pudding in cold coffee every morning! Love it!!

Had my weigh in this morning - down 4 pounds while on vacation!!! Woohoo!!! I'm so excited about this diet. 4 weeks and down almost 18 pounds. I could've never done this on any other diet. I'm excited to get back on track this week. I definitely didn't have enough veggies this week.
    awesome.

Quote: Okay usmcvet, couldn't resist, thought I'd change my signature to reflect what I'm doing once I hit goal. And for your information, that dress may cost as much as your trip to Disney World!
    . Go for it. You deserve a nice treat. We only go around once!

Quote: I had my first NSV today....I was wering shorts I'd purchased awhile ago (which, by the way, fit normal two weeks ago). Well, while grocery shopping today, they kept sliding down my hips! When I got home and showed them to my husband, he was surprised and if I'm not mistaken he looked like he was impressed!
    awesome!!!!!

Quote: HELP!!! My Dr's office is closed this week. I want to stay OP but I'm out of food. Can anyone recommend alternative RTD shakes that I can purchase?
    ESA at Walmart also check out GNC
    Quote: Haha! You are too funny.
    enjoy your time off!
    Thanks. I am. Missedyoumguys today.
  • Picture test
    I am testing to see my picture shows up on here, the first was taken on Feb. 28, 2012, the most recent on June 28, 2012, really puts into perspective how far I've come
  • Quote: Dana,
    Your photos show such a gorgeous change. IP is such a great diet.
    Thanks so much Chloe. I know many of us have body image issues, so it really does help to see these side by side pics.
    Quote: I am testing to see my picture shows up on here, the first was taken on Feb. 28, 2012, the most recent on June 28, 2012, really puts into perspective how far I've come
    You look great!
  • Love the photos! You guys rock!

newmom, just put the same focus into your Phase 4 diet as you have put into the other phases. You've got this! No need to fall back into old habits. You have a new way of eating and you're going to be great!

Dinner at my mom's was tasty, though not perfect. They fried the chicken (not deep fried). I got mine NOT dredged in flower. And I skipped the rice and bread and wine and beer. Plus salad and veggies, and more than 2 cups, I think. I'm sure I'll be fine, and it won't be the last time I have to deal with little issues.

See y'all tomorrow for Day 4!
  • Flower! LOL!
  • Early WI today as we left for vacation, but OMG - the WHOOSH fairy totally stopped by! Woo hoo!!!! Have a great week everyone, and good luck!
  • Quote: I am testing to see my picture shows up on here, the first was taken on Feb. 28, 2012, the most recent on June 28, 2012, really puts into perspective how far I've come
    Wow you look amazing! Way to go!
  • Quote: I just got a ninja! What do I do with it??? Lol...

What is the butterscotch/coffee drink that some of you guys like?
    I just got one for my anniversary! LOL I know I know!! But I wanted it :P
    I have been making the chocolate/spinach shake and the pina colada shake.

Quote: Anyone know the raw to cooked ratio for something like a pork tenderloin?
    I just made one in the crock pot, but think the measurements must be off. The package said it was just shy of five pounds, but when I weighed it after cooking it was only 26 oz.
    Surely a lean meat like that couldn't have shrunk to a third of its size!! I know the scale was correct in the post cook weight, but I'm wondering if the weight on the package was wrong somehow...
    From what I have found when I googled it, if you have 8 ounces of meat raw you will lose a half ounce in the cooking process. Hope that helps

Quote: Seriously, that freakin chocolate drink ice cream is amazing. I'm coming in on my last day of phase 3 tomorrow, and i think that ice cream will be in my freezer sometime in the future for a quick snack. Since i have my restricted at night *and the choc drink is obviously NOT restricted* , i crush up a few choc soy balls and add them in for a crunch "choc chip" texture. I bet the peanut butter ones would make an awesome reese cup ice cream.. incredible.

Anyway, I've been obsessing over upcoming phase 4 (tuesday) -- I'm super nervous. I'm also really excited, but i'm petrified of putting weight back on or blowing the guidelines just for lack of not knowing the "new menu." I'm so used to phase 1. Phase 2 was pretty simple.. Phase 3 things got a little hairy.. Now i'm SO SO scared to screw up this life long thing. I'm going to give it my all and really try to keep portions small and only do as i'm told, but i have to be completely honest... is the [I]beast[I] really tamed? i feel like once i have the food back, will i totally take advantage of it and binge? i mean, i argue with myself and say, i have toast and ONE tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast.. i stop at that... Why wouldn't i be able to control myself at any other time? Ugh, i don't know. I guess it's just an internal battle that i'm going to have to get over. It's the change that makes me nervous, i suppose. I'll just have to get used to it like i did phase one in the beginning. Get some menu items down and plan things out like i have the past 8 months. That's my plan for now.. find some lunches and dinners that are maintenance worthy, write them down and stick to the menu. i'm hoping to have 15 or so meals that i can switch up so i don't get sick of anything quickly..,.. Sorry for the long rant Just had to vent to people who may understand. my husband is so sick of hearing me obsess over food.
    The chocolate drink ice cream is definitely the bomb!!
    You will do fine!! Just keep putting forth the effort to learn and you will do fine. I have been researching out what P3 & P4 are all about since I am getting close. We can learn together

Quote: Mornin' all!
    It's going to be a scorcher here in the northeast too. Will get in the pool for a little while. In a few minutes off to the farmers' market.
    Liz,
    You look amazing in your new avatar! So happy for you.
    To our sista going on the boat from Tuesday to Sunday, (I'm sorry I don't have your name),
    Wanted to say that I would pack soups, puddings to make into shakes (this maximizes volume and keeps carbs low), and bars as emergency back up. I use Mio water flavoring and sweet leaf stevia flavorings in my coffee and shakes to keep things interesting. With lots of veggies and protein for dinner, you'll be fine.
    Everyone across the country,
    Drink lots and lots of water today and tomorrow. Stay cool, healthy and safe from heat stroke.
    Mooselover, Think I'll cancel my Monday workout (hubby can go alone). And I'll get in 120 oz of water today and tomorrow...thanks for that tip and most of all, CONGRATS on the big drop! That must feel great!
    Off to the farmers' market.
    Thank you for the advice! I didnt think of the soups, that should work pretty good. I am worried about keeping the veggies from rotting, but I will make it work.