MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 6 of 30
Go to
  • just wanted to say thank you SO much for posting these recipes!! i was beginning to run out of ideas in the kitchen while on this diet!
  • Jeweled Chicken Pattie Melt with Creamy Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Spread
    Jeweled Chicken Pattie Melt with Creamy Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Spread

so....i have tried the chicken pattie mix before...once...and didn't like it!! but i had another packet...

...and my motto is always if at first your IP packet doesn't succeed, try again!!!

....so......i thought i'd try it again!! so of course i started with some herbs...and then some flavor enhancements in the way of sweet bell peppers and red onions!!!....oh yeah...and garlic....i love garlic....so should be ok right??

so i went to my little herb garden...and harvested some chives, some parsley, some sweet basil, and some rosemary for my "bun"!!

i got out my little silver foil packets!!!.....or as my grandkid's said...memaw's astronaut food!! haha

this is the chicken pattie mix in the bowl!!

and this is what it looks like after adding the 2 oz of water...so while it was sitting....

i diced up 1 mini red bell pepper, 1 mini orange bell pepper and 1 red onion slice...

then i chopped my herbs and added them all to the chicken pattie mix....

give it a good mix....and let it sit while you make your lovely bun!!! i love my little IP buns!! and hubby does too!! no pun intended!!

for the recipe, scroll back to see the recipe for the english muffin...and divide batter into half and make 2 mini thin buns!!

if you don't have an english muffin ring, you can use a tuna can with both ends cut out!

see how pretty it "bakes" up!!!! probably my favorite IP recipe ever!!!

let them cool a wee bit, then slice in half, and add your lettuce!!!

since i already had the ring out...i thought why not just make the patties inside the rings too....for a perfect fit!!

so....divide your mixture in half....and place half into the ring and press down with a fork all the way out to the edges and cook for about 1 and a half minutes!!...and then flip!! cook for 1.5 - 2 mins on the other side

...your lovely little jeweled chicken pattie should look like this!!!

ISN'T THAT GORGEOUS!!!!!!

see how it holds it shape!!...and how pretty it is with the jeweled colored peppers!!!!!! after all ... they say.... we eat with our eyes first!! yum!!!

next...make your creamy delicious sweet roasted red pepper spread!!!

this is what i used....

you don't need much!! 1 tbsp sweet NO SUGAR relish, about 2 tbsp roasted red peppers, a dollop of garlic and a dollop of tomato paste.

i mixed mine all in my little magic bullet hopper with the flat blade.

now you are ready to assemble your patties!!! this recipe makes 2 servings!!

place your jeweled chicken patties on top of your lettuce....can also used spinach leaves but i was out!!....

next....add your yummmmy!!! spread!!
    JUST LOOK AT HOW DELICIOUS THAT IS!!!!

add your little "bun" topper!!

wrap one...and save for lunch tomorrow!!!

don't forget to add your veggies....i paired my jeweled chicken pattie melt with kale chips!!...I LOVE KALE CHIPS!!!

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANNA BITE?????

...and thats what was for lunch!!! oh and a tall glass of ice water!!!
  • Totally amazing!
  • Are you going to tell me you did this all while waiting for the AC repairman in a close to 90 degree house?

Whenever you did this, it looks fabulous.

Please experiment with the potato puree for "roll/english muffin" replacements. It would not be restricted like the crepe mix is. Below are a couple of recipes I've collected.

Keep it up rainbow. It makes this program even more fun.

Molly

Tortilla Wrap (IP Potatoes)
    1 package IP Potatoes
    75 ml water
    1 tsp olive oil
    OPTIONAL: "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" Spray

Fill with your choice of ingredients.

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Heat a pan on the stove with a bit of olive oil
    2. Mix the IP Potatoes and water until blended.
    3. Spoon onto pan and spread thin into a round shape like a tortilla
    If it is not spreading, its too thick. Immediately take from pan and add a bit more water. It will be ok thick, but you want to make a big enough tortilla to be able to wrap around your other ingredients. Too thick=too small and heavy to properly work like a tortilla. But should also not be too thin to fall apart. So 75 ml is a very good level, but not above 100 ml.
    4. Cook until set, then flip.
    5. Optional... Spray with "I Can't Believe its Not Butter" for a more buttery taste.

FLUFFY POTATO ROLLS (IP Potatoes)
    1 package IP Potatoes
    2 egg whites
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" Spray
    Olive Oil (spray)
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 200 C
    2. Beat egg whites til foamy, but not stiff
    3. Add in IP Potato mix, baking powder & baking soda. Mix well. Batter should be medium thick
    4. Spray cupcake pan with olive oil or other 0/0/0 non-stick spray
    5. Spoon batter into cupcake pan. I use large eggs, so the batter made 5 good size rolls, filling up each hole about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
    6. Spray top of each roll with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter"
    7. Bake 7 to 12 min. Rolls should rise and brown a bit. Don't overcook or they may become too "papery".
    8. Enjoy hot out of the oven!

Hints:
    You can also add additional spices like Rosemary & Garlic Powder... Parsley & Thyme... use your imagination and let me know how you like these!
  • Quote: Are you going to tell me you did this all while waiting for the AC repairman in a close to 90 degree house?

Please experiment with the potato puree for "roll/english muffin" replacements. It would not be restricted like the crepe mix is. Below are a couple of recipes I've collected.

Molly
    !
    yep!!! i sure did!! i HAD to eat even if the AC was out!! got the motor replaced...late in the afternoon, but the temp wasn't dropping much....so they had to come back and add some coolant into the system...now temp is going down slowly!! 78 is much better than 89!!!

i haven't had good luck with "baking" things...they always come out rubbery like and i hate that texture!!!

the potato puree i will work on coming up with something!! haha
  • Quote: just wanted to say thank you SO much for posting these recipes!! i was beginning to run out of ideas in the kitchen while on this diet!
    my pleasure!!
  • Thank you so much...all these ideas look amazing and I cant wait to try them
  • Buttery Grilled Cheese Sammies
    Quote: Please experiment with the potato puree for "roll/english muffin" replacements. It would not be restricted like the crepe mix is.

Molly
    first off....let me say this...
    CHECK WITH YOUR OWN COACH FIRST
    ...to see if Veggie Shreds are allowed for you....
    because each person and each coach is different!!!
    The coach I use has approved the use of Veggie Shreds in moderation.
    This recipe used 2 tbsps of cheddar flavored veggie shreds.

this is what i came up with molly

BUTTERY GRILLED CHEESE SAMMIES

so this morning....i was thinking...about the challenge from molly to use the potato puree for the english muffin recipe!!....so i decided to give it a try....

i used 1 packet of potato puree mix, 4 tbsps water and 2 tbsps milk and i added 1/2 green onion chopped and some salt and pepper.

i blended this all with my magic bullet using the flat blade. in the meantime i heated my pan and english muffin ring.

then i added HALF the mixture and spread the mixture out to the edges of the ring...and let it cook on medium heat for 2 mins....

then i flipped it and cooked it on the other side for 2 more mins!!
    all done!!
    next...make the second one!

using a serrated knife, i sliced through them to make 2 thin rounds...
    you can see the insides and how moist it is...not rubbery!!

now you could use this as a little bun, bread for a veggie sammie...or you could just make one larger one for a wrap or tortilla...but for me, i was wanting a grilled cheese!! so......

i got out the ICBINB spray and some Cheddar Veggie Shreds...i only used 1 TBSP for each sammie!!

spray the outer side of your sammie with ICBINB spray and place toasted side down into the pan...then add your veggie cheese.

1 tbsp is really enough!! its about moderation while enjoying the foods you love!! IP doesn't have to be boring or dull!!!

then add your top sammie round!!

give the top a little spray too...of the ICBINB spray!! then flip and cook on that side just long enough to melt the cheese!!

i sliced mine into halves for 4 semi-circle sammies!!!

not very thick when you make 2 rounds...thin enough for the veggie shreds to melt without any trouble!! I LOVE MELTED VEGGIE SHREDS!!

WANNA BITE????

and that's what was for breakfast!!! YUM!!!!

thanks molly!!!
  • Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Roasted Red Pepper Remoulade and Cheesy Cauliflower Timbale
    Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Roasted Red Pepper Remoulade and Cheesy Cauliflower Timbale

soooooooooooooo delish!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE GRILLED LEMON!!!!!!!

get your pan good and HOT.....add your mahi mahi to the pan...HEAR THAT SIZZLE!!....YESSsssss!!!!....then reduce the heat to medium...and pan sear your mahi mahi in a tiny bit olive oil for 5 mins on each side over medium heat.

you can use up leftover steamed cauliflower for this...or steam some fresh until good and tender...then i put mine through the ricer...

i use this one...the oxo ricer that has 3 settings....and i use the smallest setting for the cauliflower.

when using a ricer, i use 2 bowls, one to catch the excess water...as i squeeze gently and release any extra water and just as the cauliflower is starting to come through the holes, i switch to the other bowl and catch only the pressed cauliflower...this eliminates any extra water so your pressed cauliflower is not watery!!!

i added the land'o lakes 3 cheese blend!! mixed well and placed into a ramekin and baked 10 mins on 350 degrees!!

then you turn it upside and it pops right out onto your plate!! i garnished with some red onion slices!!

don't forget to grill a lemon half for squeezing over top!!!
    OH MY GOODNESS THIS WAS SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Fresh Flake-y Fish with the spicy red pepper roumelaud was the perfect accompaniment to the Cheesy Cauliflower Timbale!!!
  • Thank you, rainbow for the sammies.

That was really quick and looks scrumptious. I am going to try it for lunch. I am gong to improvise as I do not have an english muffin ring, but have a GT Express. DH suggested that as soon as I complained about not have a ring. It won't be round, but should work. Will report back.

PLEASE don't stop creating your culinary extravaganzas and sharing them with us.

Molly
  • Rose Hibiscus Jelly with Marshmallow Whipped Cream and Crunchy Chocolate Crumbles
    Rose Hibiscus Jelly with Coco-Mallow Whipped Cream and Crunchy Chocolate Crumbles

i love the IP raspberry jelly....only i wanted to intensify the flavor a bit!!!
    you know me...always MiX'n In The KiTCH'n!!!

So.....i replaced the water with some Rose Hibiscus Brewed Tea, added 1 TBSP Torani SF Raspberry Syrup!!!...and the results were....
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
    OVER THE TOP AMAZING!!!!

I brewed my tea....and measured out 6 ounces...and added my 1 tbsp raspberry syrup and the jelly mix and gave it a good stir until all melted...then placed into my small serving dishes, (i made it into 2 servings, so i could have one for lunch, and one after supper!!)

i am not overly fond of the WF products...
    but....i like the FLAVOR of the marshmallow dip only.....it was tooo sweet to me....so....

i use my magic bullet and i add 1 - 2 tbsp of the marshmallow dip and 1 tbsp milk and blend....(sometimes i will use almond milk or lite coconut milk....BUT THAT IS NOT OFFICIALLY IP LEGAL....SO....don't do that unless you clear it with your own coach!!)

(but just between you and me....the coconut milk is da bomb!!!)

...the coconut milk tones down the overly sweetness and cuts all the chemical taste!!! its a perfect blend!!! i love it!!! mixing the marshmallow cream makes it smooth and whipped and not lumpy globby!!! haha

then i top it with 1 crushed chocolate soy puff!!!

(i keep a packet of chocolate soy puffs in a small container in the freezer just for moments like this!!!!...also....sometimes....i just want 4 or 5 puffs....just enough to satisfy me!!! BUT DON'T DO THIS IF YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THOSE LITTLE PUFFS....cause they are sooo good!!!)

ENJOY!!!!

• Rainbow - you are amazing!
  • Ohh the chicken patty sandwich looks sooo good!
  • Wow! Are all of these recipes P1 friendly? Am not familiar with some of the ingredients.
  • i just made the chicken patty with the peppers - and i added shredded zucchini and scallion. Eating it over fresh picked lettuce from my garden with a little WF mayo on the lettuce. OMG - DELICIOUS! Thanks rainbow - these ideas are fantastic!!