MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 4 of 30
Go to
  • Quote: OMG that looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I never have to much luck with the pudding cakes etc. They turn out rubbery but I may have to try this.
    I found a lot of recipes turned out rubbery too!! I research a LOT before coming up with a suitable recipe because I hate to waste a 4 dollar packet!! haha

Quote: I think YES.

I didn't like the crepe mix as a crepe & I was considering it as one of the many packets I was never going to purchase again, but now i'll probably stock up and use them to make sandwiches/buns ALL the TIME.

I'm only midway through my 3rd week - so although most cravings are gone (out of sight, out of mind) I still DO miss bread at times and this is a great substitute to satiate me while doing IP.

EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT!!!
    vovo...just wanted to give an update, when i made the "hamburger bun" they are like the "thins" you can buy at the store, and the recipe made 4 pieces, or 2 buns, so i put one bun in the fridge and the next evening i toasted it in the toaster and it was just as good as the day before!! Nice to know it kept in the fridge so I can make ahead of time!! woot woot!! i love IP!!!

Quote: Looks so good can't wait to try it and some of your other receipes. Thanks for sharing...
    yw!!! necessity is the mother of invention right?? haha i figured that if this is a LIFE CHANGE its not a diet so i better learn to create foods for a lifetime!!

Quote: Wow Rainbowsmiles! Your creative recipes and accompanying photos are amazing! I never thought I'd have any use for potato puree or crepe mix. Wrong! You could create your own IP cookbook! Thanks for sharing!
    the crepe mix is slowly becoming my very favorite packet!! as a carb addict, i love bread!! i don't CRAVE bread, i don't CRAVE anything on this protocol, still, i ENJOY the way i can make something suitable so that i don't "stand out" as dieting!! I can't wait until my next cookout when i can make a burger and bun and no one will notice i'm different hahaha after all, i am investing in my life!!
  • when I did IP the first time and had to phase off due to medical issues, I found that I gained some of my weight back, even though I did phase off. Now I know why!! When you are on the program, you do IP foods for Phases I and II, then start eating more "normal" foods as you do phases III and IV ... BUT, I never learned how to really cook the veggies!! I never went back to the sugars or junk carbs (fortunately!!) But I did go back to eating more fatty flavored foods.

I LOVE this site because I am learning more about cooking flavorful veggies (new fav ... coconut "rice"). The recipes here really make a meal more enjoyable (while staying OP!). I am hoping that the more I learn to cook "healthy" the better chance of maintaining my goal weight once I reach it.

I think this is where my clinic fell a bit behind before ... we never really had recipes offered. I am soooo grateful that my coach told me about 3FC this time ... I am really finding the support motivating!!

Thanks everyone for being here :O))
  • Simple Shrimp Salad
    i think making salads are fun!! they are so colorful and don't have to just be a bowl of lettuce!! Get creative!!

this is s simple shrimp salad...
    saute some shrimp in some coconut oil spray, i use spectrum

add some old bay seasoning!! yum!!!

for this salad, i made a base of cucumber noodles!! i love my joyce chen spiral cutter!!

add some colorful veggies...radishes, orange bell pepper, red onion rings, green onions...whatever YOU like!

then top with your cooked shrimp and enjoy!!!

• Chick'N and DumpliN's
    ya just gotta love that crepe mix....its so versatile!! i love comfort foods!!! comfort foods make me feel....well....like i have been hugged!!! it was a rainy day here, so this delicious serving surely hit the spot and made me feel all hugged and loved!! hahaha

i started by mixing 1/2 packet of potato puree and 1/2 packet of crepe mix packet!!
    I added 1 tsp baking powder, dash salt and pepper, and 1 tbsp rosemary crushed to release the flavor!! mix this dry mixture all together.

then i added it into my magic bullet hopper...added 2 tbsp milk and 4 tbsp water and blended...it was thick!

it was so thick it stayed on the spoon when turned upside down!! it also thickens more as it sits a few minutes

i dropped spoonfuls into some chicken broth that had a very slight boil....don't boil too hard....just a soft boiling broth....and these cooked up fast....in just a minute or so!!

i used the broth from 1 chicken breast that i soft boiled until tender and then pulled apart.

the dumpling was very fluffy on the inside and moist on the outside

the flavor was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the texture a little bit softer than regular drop dumplings.

Ahhhhh...COMFORT FOOD!!!

• Wow! I'm doing IP alternatives and looking at all these different recipes makes me want to try some of the actual IP foods. They all look amazing! Thank you for sharing.
  • Lemon Poppy Seed HOTT SLAW yum!!!
    lunch time.....what to eat?? i wanted a lemon poppy seed bar and some tea....wasn't really hungry but i knew i needed to get in my 2 cups veggies...and i was out of kale...so alas, my favorite snack, kale chips was not an option!! so i went to see what veggies i have left at the end of the week....cabbage. so i got very creative!!

LEMON POPPY SEED HOTT SLAW!!!!
    i bet you can guess what my inspiration was!!!

i started by slicing up some green cabbage, red cabbage and green onions and sauteed them together.

then i added some red pepper flakes, the zest of a lemon, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and some poppy seeds!!

delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i paired it with some lemon green tea, my lemon bar cut into small nibbles and what a GREAT lunch!!!
  • Thanksgiving Turkey and Herb Stuffing
    because i have such a long way to go, i will be doing IP all through the holidays...so i am creating recipes that will help me stay successful!!

THANKSGIVING TURKEY AND HERB STUFFING

sliced turkey is amazing....i love turkey!!! and i love thanksgiving....a time for giving thanks...and this year i am going to be so thankful i stayed the course on IP by the time thanksgiving arrives and i will be ready!!! but when i think of thanksgiving....i immediately think of homemade stuffing!!! i love stuffing!! ok, i just love good food!! and being on IP means lots and lots of GOOD FOOD!!! so i came up with one awesome creation....IP HERB STUFFING!!!!

i started by making the awesome recipe for my IP English Muffin....scroll back in this thread to find that recipe!!

you will see bubbles start to form on the top...i cook for 3 mins on each side. then flip!!

slip a spatula under the entire ring and flip

let it cool while you make the other one!!

once they are cool....cut into bite size pieces

next, saute your chunks in a hot pan with just a little spray of ICBINB butter spray!!
    these can be used as croutons....you can add some garlic powder, or chili powder, or any type of seasoning at this stage for croutons, or for one of my favorite dishes...panzanella!!! but for now, i am on a mission to make stuffing...so on i go!!

next....cut up 2 cups celery and 2 green onions and saute in a skillet.

once they are tender, add 1/2 cup chicken broth OR water to the celery and onions

let this cook for a few minutes until all the liquid has cooked out and the celery is tender

this only takes a very short time!!

next add your spices....this is what i used...parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, celery salt and paprika!!

mix well!!

then add in the bread stuffing!!

and then pour it all into a dish sprayed with non stick spray

spray the top with a few sprays if ICBINB butter spray and bake at 350 for 15-20 mins or until the top is nice and browned!!

ENJOY!!

• Rainbow!!!!. You are making me hungry!!!! YUM!!! I had BBQ chicken breast for supper with some sautéed cabbage in a tsp of coconut oil. OMG to die for!!! I love sautéed cabbage in EVOO, but the coconut oil was DA BOMB!!!
  • Rainbow, you are amazing with your recipes! They all look like a piece of art and delish too. Thank you and keep them coming!
  • Oh that Thanksgiving idea is wonderful, so creative!
    I'm hopefully going to be in maintanance by then, so I'll have my cheat day that day and eat free but wow if for any reason I'm not there yet, this sounds amazing.
  • rainbow--thank you! I've never tried coconut oil, but I think I need to! Thanks again for all the recipes. Keep 'em coming!
  • Bump.. Rainbowsmiles you have done an incredible job here. Have shared with other group members and we are thrilled to have you continue posting and we will continue exploring!
  • Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!! Am definitely going to try the Thanksgiving stuffing recipe. We actually roasted a whole turkey last week, and plan to do so every couple of months or so, so I will def have a chance to enjoy the dressing to the fullest!
  • Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa and Roasted Green Beans
    well.....i did it....i cooked my first ever real fish!!! mahi mahi!! it was frozen and thawed....and only 135 calories for 4.5 ounces!!!! i have never made mahi mahi before....i have never made any fish that wasn't frozen fish sticks that were breaded!! i don't LIKE fish!! well...i didn't THINK i liked fish!! turns out I LOVE MAHI MAHI!!!!

so i looked on you tube how to cook mahi mahi and i have tried baked fish and didn't like it so i found a video for pan seared fish!! so that is what i did.

nothing fancy...just some salt and pepper and a MISTO spray of EVOO...a HOT pan and pan seared for 5 mins on each side....done!

so i made my delicious "mango" salsa!! its NOT really mangos because well, we know we cant have mangos!! but what i do is dice an orange tomato and soak it in 2 tbsp of the IP mango drink!!....and there ya go....faux MANGOS!!!

this is what else i used for my homemade hot salsa...

roasted red peppers, diced shallots, diced tomatillo, chili peppers, garlic, diced red tomato and lime zest and lime juice... i start with the shallots and then add the tomatillo, red peppers, chili peppers, garlic, and red tomatoes sauteing in a pan and then i add the lime zest and lime juice and sit aside while i make the fish....then i will heat it back up, and at the last minute, add the "mangos" and stir til gently mixed and warmed throughout. then i plate the fish and top it with the mango salsa!!!

tonight i paired it with 1 slice red tomato, some roasted green beans and a few rutabaga fries and a delicious refreshing key lime cooler!!

simple....ice, water, key lime flavoring, lime zest, lime juice and 1 mint leaf from my herb garden and mix in magic bullet!! soooo delicious!!!

ENJOY!!!!

• Quote: Rainbow!!!!. You are making me hungry!!!! YUM!!! I had BBQ chicken breast for supper with some sautéed cabbage in a tsp of coconut oil. OMG to die for!!! I love sautéed cabbage in EVOO, but the coconut oil was DA BOMB!!!
    i know right!! DA BOMB is so right!! have you tried the coconut spray yet?? i spray it on cauliflower and roast it with some curry spices for coconut curry cauliflower poppers!! delish!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Rainbow, you are amazing with your recipes! They all look like a piece of art and delish too. Thank you and keep them coming!
    aww thank you beck!! i do love to eat and therefor do love to cook!! and like they say, you eat with your eyes first!! i love pretty foods!!

Quote: Oh that Thanksgiving idea is wonderful, so creative!
    I'm hopefully going to be in maintanance by then, so I'll have my cheat day that day and eat free but wow if for any reason I'm not there yet, this sounds amazing.
    thank you pauli....i am sure you will be there but you can still treat yourself with this dish anytime!!!

Quote: rainbow--thank you! I've never tried coconut oil, but I think I need to! Thanks again for all the recipes. Keep 'em coming!
    thank you lisa as long as i have to eat to live i will keep on creating!! I LOVE IP!!! it sure is making me think hard and out of the box!! and of course...WE ARE WORTH IT!

Quote: Bump.. Rainbowsmiles you have done an incredible job here. Have shared with other group members and we are thrilled to have you continue posting and we will continue exploring!
    well thank you so much!!! i post here because if i can help inspire anyone to just try something new, then its all worth the effort!! feel free to share!! anything i can learn and pass on to help someone else, all the better!!! WE ALL GOT THIS!!!

Quote: Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!! Am definitely going to try the Thanksgiving stuffing recipe. We actually roasted a whole turkey last week, and plan to do so every couple of months or so, so I will def have a chance to enjoy the dressing to the fullest!
    aww thank you greeniris!! i roasted a turkey breast and was inspired to make some stuffing!!! so hey, mashed fauxtatoes, (mashed cauliflower) roasted green beans, herb stuffing and turkey sounds like a GREAT THANKSGIVING MENU to me!!! now to come up with a good dessert!!! BRING ON THE HOLIDAYS!!!!