MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 13 of 30
Go to
  • Over zucchini noodles, fyi, and Inspired by you Rainbow, last night i used the Miracle Noodles Rice as 'breadcrumbs' in my meatball, 16 oz ground turkey + 1 bag rice + 1 egg white + spices/herbs = 2 servings.
  • Quote: Over zucchini noodles, fyi, and Inspired by you Rainbow, last night i used the Miracle Noodles Rice as 'breadcrumbs' in my meatball, 16 oz ground turkey + 1 bag rice + 1 egg white + spices/herbs = 2 servings.
    yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great....GREAT idea!!!!!

hmmm.....miracle noodle rice in the cabbage rolls!!!!!!!??????
  • Quote: Over zucchini noodles, fyi, and Inspired by you Rainbow, last night i used the Miracle Noodles Rice as 'breadcrumbs' in my meatball, 16 oz ground turkey + 1 bag rice + 1 egg white + spices/herbs = 2 servings.
    That is a great idea LizRR. I'm not a miracle noodle person but I would imagine that it would be pretty much undetectable in a meatball (or in a pizza crust, ) for that matter. Did it add to the moisture of the meatball?
  • They actually make a Miracle Rice! I've used it in stuffed peppers.
  • BEET chips and YELLOW SQUASH chips
    sorry....didn't realize BEETS were NOT on phase 1!!! oh well...we live we learn!!!

zucchini's and squash...and beets...OH MY...
    ok so this isn't oz....and i'm not in kansas anymore...
    but i am becoming a WIZARD at baking veggie chips!!

....i love love love making oven baked VEGGiE CHIPS!!!

my pans full of thicker sliced beet chips!!! so colorful!!

no need to peel....just scrub clean and slice to desired thickness....
    the thicker they are the longer they take...but less likely to burn...
    you must baby sit the oven on the last 10 mins of these beet chips!!!

and make sure you Slice on a cutting board or old dish towel as sliced beets DO MAKE A MESS!!!!

not to worry though...it scrubs off easily with a little soap and a dash of salt as a scrubber!!!

even though these were all cut to the same thickness, they started to dry out unevenly...hmmmmmmpppftttttt!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

mine was sliced pretty thick as i had read that they burn easily if cut too thin!!

the dryer side was crispy crunchy and soooo good!!! roasted flavor good!!! the less dried side was chewy....similar to a fruit roll up...and oooooh SUPER delish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am not sure which side i liked the best....so it was cool to have the best of both textures!!!! they sure didn't last long for a full evaluation!! hahaha

yellow summer squash chips!!

sliced thin!

LOOK HOW GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

heavenly good!!!!!!!!! healthy good!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY DANCE!!

oh....i use the larger portion of the squash for chips....but don't throw that crook neck away!!!....no wasting veggies in this house!!...

MAKE SOUP!!!

chicken broth simmered with the long crook neck of the squash squash slices, 2 radishes sliced thin, and a green onion...add a little red pepper flakes and 1 ounce diced pork loin leftovers...made the most delicious soup to have with my veggie chips!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MY VEGGIES!!!!!!

DELICIOUS LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!

Bon Appétit
  • well darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i JUST found out from WUV (thanks, i think hahhaa)
    that BEETS ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somehow i missed that!!!

NO MORE BEET CHIPS!!!! le sigh.................

for now that is!!
  • NOTE*****....BEETS are NOT allowed on IP....Not permitted: Artichoke, Avocado, Beets, Carrots, Chick Peas, Corn, Olives, Parsnips, Peas, (all) Potatoes,
    Pumpkin, Sweet Corn, Squash, Yams
  • and these are crispy? WOW, I need a dehydrater. I always see them at the thrift shop, practically new. Why I don't have one, i'm not sure...can we have beets?

nevermind, I just read we can't. I didn't think so, too many carbs..but for later maybe...
  • Quote: and these are crispy? WOW, I need a dehydrater. I always see them at the thrift shop, practically new. Why I don't have one, i'm not sure...can we have beets?

nevermind, I just read we can't. I didn't think so, too many carbs..but for later maybe...
    yeah...i'm so sorry....i some how missed the BEETS on the not permitted portion!!!
  • Quote: yeah...sorry....i somehow missed the BEETS on the not permitted portion!!!
    don't worry...those beets looked beautiful though!!! You are doing a great job on those chips!!!
  • Now I'm wondering about radish and turnip chips. Wait. Checking the list. Okay. They are Select veggies...

Rainbow: How do you slice those so thin? Do you have a mandolin? (more gadget shopping in my future...)
  • Quote: Now I'm wondering about radish and turnip chips. Wait. Checking the list. Okay. They are Select veggies...

Rainbow: How do you slice those so thin? Do you have a mandolin? (more gadget shopping in my future...)
    yes!!! i have had a mandolin for years and LOVE IT!!!!
  • Rainbow - I think you should open an IP friendly restaurant! Maybe work on some recipes that will meet other programs needs as well, and cater to the 'getting healthier' segment of the population. ;D
  • Rainbow-- this was absolutely delicious! I didnt have southwest crisps so I used crispy cereal. I also just used ground turky add Italian seasons, garlic, and ground fennel. My hubby is sicilian and he was impressed even with no cheese. Can't find those veggie shreds here. Thank you for your creativity!
  • Quote: Rainbow - I think you should open an IP friendly restaurant! Maybe work on some recipes that will meet other programs needs as well, and cater to the 'getting healthier' segment of the population. ;D
    well wouldn't that be fun!!!

maybe the RAINBOW GRILL!!! or SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW CAFE!!!

Quote: Rainbow-- this was absolutely delicious! I didnt have southwest crisps so I used crispy cereal. I also just used ground turky add Italian seasons, garlic, and ground fennel. My hubby is sicilian and he was impressed even with no cheese. Can't find those veggie shreds here. Thank you for your creativity!
    i was thinking of trying the crispy cereal OR potato puree too!!!
    Thanks for letting me know that works too!!
    i was so surprjsed at how good that pizza crust was!....made from noodles!!

i remember years and years ago in school home ec class....we made a pizza crust using cooked spaghetti noodles but used them whole and it was pretty good then!! that is what made me think of it...but i didn't really like the TEXTURE of the noodles whole, so i thought what if i grind them up??? and it worked!!

i love when a plan comes together!!!

PLEASE KEEP SHARING YOUR OWN IDEAS TOO...I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!