MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 11 of 30
Go to
  • Oven Baked Zucchini Chips!!
    its no secret that i love love love kale chips!!!!!!!! i eat them 4-5 times a week!! usually as an afternoon or bedtime snack!!

keeping with my try something NEW each week....this week is
    ZUCCHINI CHIPS!!

i have to tell you....i am NOT a huge zucchini fan...i do like it in soup...but not cooked alone or even roasted. so i was super super skeptical. and 2 hours of time invested!!! fortunately the oven does most of the work!!!

i had to practically FORCE myself to slow down from gobbling them up!!

i love savory things!! and i love crunchy things!! and omg...these were so delicious!!!!

MOVE OVER LOVE OF MY LIFE KALE CHIPS....theres a NEW CHIP in my life!! hahahaha and his name is SIR ZUCCHINI CHIP!!!!

ZUCCHiNi CHiPS

i just made some for the first time ever in my life....after reading about others making them using their dehydrator and me coveting everyone's dehydrator...i thought i'd make some in the oven.

here was my inspiration:
    http://cookingwithmichele.com/2011/0...ucchini-chips/

i used my mandolin and sliced the zucchini nearly paper thin...

i used parchment paper and a few were on the edge of the pan....divajen is NOT kidding, they stick like mad....so use parchment paper for sure!! i used a MISTO sprayer for a very light spray of EVOO. i added salt and pepper.

one medium zucchini made all these chips!!!

DO NOT OVER SALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me say that again....i thought i used only a wee bit and they were borderline too salty but OOOO SO GOOOD!!!

i Baked at 170....the lowest my oven would go, for 1 hour, then turned them all over, yes one by one!! DONT SKIP THIS STEP!! ....and baked another 50 mins (or more, ch3eck each 5 mins for crunchiness level) and they were crispy like potato chips....crunchy!!! YES!!!! i barely got one photo...before i gobbled them all up....1 zucchini made a whole pan but i can tell you, they were eaten in a few minutes!!!!!!!!! a skinny new york minute!!!! i will probably make some more for supper as this was a test run!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WOW that zucchini looks fantastic~~!!!!
  • That just made my day.
  • OMG can you adopt me so I can eat at your house!! Great imagination and ingenuity...going to try some of these recipes for sure!
  • Chicken Sausage Cabbage Rolls and Ground Beef Cabbage Rolls
    i love cabbage rolls......so i had to come up with a great alternative...that doesn't use rice.

CHICKEN SAUSAGE CABBAGE ROLLS and GROUND BEEF CABBAGE ROLLS

these are also great for cabbage rolls!!!!!

i also used my roasted cauliflower and garlic...

this is the leftover...just cauliflower and garlic roasted in the oven, simple...

i also used 93/7 ground beef....i added the cold veggies in with the ground beef....

i use these from the frozen section sometimes to save time!!

i just dump in a large handful frozen and mix it all together!!

get a large pot of water and bring to a boil and add your cabbage leaves to wilt them and make them easy to roll...

i cut out the triangle section of the stem...because sometimes that thick part can poke a hole through the cabbage roll...

for the chicken sausage rolls...just add the whole sausage, or you can cut in half if you have smaller cabbage leaves...and roll...

i divide my 1 lb of ground beef mixture into 12 sections...that i roll into small logs...3 "logs" = 4 oz meat...plus the veggies...so 6 logs can be a serving...but thats a lot of cabbage rolls!! haha i will have 1 sausage roll and 2 beef rolls for my 8 oz portion of protein.

i roll my cabbage rolls on a dry clean towel so it absorbs the extra water from the cabbage leaves and makes it easy to roll and not slide around.

fold the sides in and tuck them in, and then roll like a rollup.

place your cabbage rolls into the crock put that has been preheated on HIGH

you can then add homemade marinara sauce or 2 cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes on top!! yum!!!

cook on high for 4 hours. or until cabbage is fork tender.

these are heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANNABiTE??????
  • YUM!!!!! Drooling.....
  • Hey rainbow - got any ideas of how to make something like birthday cake with IP products?

I made a chocolate mint lava cake with the chocolate crepe for DH back in May but I love a good birthday cake flavour and my birthday is Thursday. Any thoughts??
  • Quote: Hey rainbow - got any ideas of how to make something like birthday cake with IP products?

I made a chocolate mint lava cake with the chocolate crepe for DH back in May but I love a good birthday cake flavour and my birthday is Thursday. Any thoughts??
    gf...i REALLY wish i did!!! i have had ZERO luck "baking" using IP products...my muffins fall FLAT and feel rubbery in texture and microwave things puff up then fall flat and taste rubbery so i quit trying!!

i am not much on sweets...so never tried again!! haha

i have started using an alternative product though....that might have better results so i will try to come up with something if you are interested. let me know
  • OMG.....I can not wait to make those tomorrow. Gotta go buy a zucchini ASAP.
    Thank you so much!
  • I love zuchinni chips. I make them every day!
  • Quote:
    i love cabbage rolls......so i had to come up with a great alternative...that doesn't use rice.

CHICKEN SAUSAGE CABBAGE ROLLS and GROUND BEEF CABBAGE ROLLS

these are also great for cabbage rolls!!!!!

i also used my roasted cauliflower and garlic...

this is the leftover...just cauliflower and garlic roasted in the oven, simple...

i also used 93/7 ground beef....i added the cold veggies in with the ground beef....

i use these from the frozen section sometimes to save time!!

i just dump in a large handful frozen and mix it all together!!

get a large pot of water and bring to a boil and add your cabbage leaves to wilt them and make them easy to roll...

i cut out the triangle section of the stem...because sometimes that thick part can poke a hole through the cabbage roll...

for the chicken sausage rolls...just add the whole sausage, or you can cut in half if you have smaller cabbage leaves...and roll...

i divide my 1 lb of ground beef mixture into 12 sections...that i roll into small logs...3 "logs" = 4 oz meat...plus the veggies...so 6 logs can be a serving...but thats a lot of cabbage rolls!! haha i will have 1 sausage roll and 2 beef rolls for my 8 oz portion of protein.

i roll my cabbage rolls on a dry clean towel so it absorbs the extra water from the cabbage leaves and makes it easy to roll and not slide around.

fold the sides in and tuck them in, and then roll like a rollup.

place your cabbage rolls into the crock put that has been preheated on HIGH

you can then add homemade marinara sauce or 2 cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes on top!! yum!!!

cook on high for 4 hours. or until cabbage is fork tender.

WANNABiTE??????
    Magnifico - can't wait to try this!!! Thanks Rainbow
  • Quote:

WANNABiTE??????
    These look great! Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
  • Quote: gf...i REALLY wish i did!!! i have had ZERO luck "baking" using IP products...my muffins fall FLAT and feel rubbery in texture and microwave things puff up then fall flat and taste rubbery so i quit trying!!

i am not much on sweets...so never tried again!! haha

i have started using an alternative product though....that might have better results so i will try to come up with something if you are interested. let me know
    Yeah, nothing really stays puffy, eh? Alas.

I think I'm going to try making a cupcake type thing out of the crepe. I have a liquid birthday cake flavour additive that's 0/0/0 so I might add that to get in a bit more of the cakey taste. Wish me luck!
  • Rainbow,

Thanks a million for your ongoing efforts to create and share new and exciting recipes! I can't wait to try them.

Karen
  • Rainbow, the cabbage rolls look heavenly!! This is dinner tonight! I have always been such a good cook but since I have been on IP I have become a little lazy about cooking. Just opening packets, mixing drinks. I forget I could still have REAL food and still be OP.

Thanks so much!

Cyndie