Sparkling Waters...

• OK, can someone(s) help me out here: I purchased some sparkling water, it's flavored. No calories, no carbs, no sugars. But aspertame.

If I put about 2 ozs of this stuff in my 32 ozs water bottle, what do you all think? Good? Bad? Maybe? I can drink plain water, but I just thought I'd mix it up a bit.

What else is there to give a bit (a hint) of flavor to water that would be IP legal?

TIA
  • Here's an old thread with some info:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ter-cheat.html

Personally, sounds okay to me. But I enjoy occasionally, with my coaches knowledge and approval, a glass of homemade seltzer.
  • Seems everyones coaches are different, but I have been told to avoid Aspartame at all costs...

I always have for other reasons...
  • Quote: Seems everyones coaches are different, but I have been told to avoid Aspartame at all costs...

I always have for other reasons...
    Oops, guess I glazed over the aspartame IS included...talk with your coach about it.
  • My Coach says Walmart has a huge selection of Cascade Ice for $1!! Perfect for summertime IP sippin. I have not tried it, but she raves about it.
  • A lot of the 'Sparkling Waters' although 0/0/0 have phosphoric acid which we are supposed to stay away from. I found some great ones at Costco, and even Lipton Diet Iced Tea that is 0/0/0 and my coach has said no to all...

She says while it may not stop any loss, there is a chance it will slow my losses, so I have avoided. I guess the question comes down to cheats and what are cheats...if this is truly a small cheat, will it morph into bigger and bigger cheats?? Maybe and maybe not...

I have had enough issues with slow losses, so not worth the experiment for me...
  • I was told MIO flavors only. I miss my carbonation but I'll add it back after I've lost my 25. I can wait till then.
  • My coach told me it was okay occassionally (one glass a few times a week) as a treat, but I cannot count it in with my water quota.