Southern Shrimp and "Grits" & Raspberry Ginger Mint Julep!!!! Oh My!!

• ya just gotta love being able to take a favorite meal...and make it IP legal!!!!!!

thats what was for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Raspberry Ginger Mint Julep

blend 1 cup ice, 1 cup water,
    1 tbsp torani raspberry syrup
    (sometimes coconut, peach or strawberry),
    tons of different torani SF flavors!!....
    1 tsp of the gourmet ginger in the tube
    and 1 fresh mint leaf in the blender...
    and its nice and refreshing!!! quick and easy.
  • Southern Shrimp and Grits

4 oz cooked shrimp
    1 tomatillo
    creole seasoning or old bay seasoning
    1/3 head cauliflower riced
    veggies of your choice for veggie sauce
    colored bell peppers and fresh parsley for garnish

make your creole veggie sauce...

simmer veggies in a pan with 1 cup low sodium no fat chicken broth...this is a GREAT way to use up bits of leftover veggies...i used some shredded cabbage, 1 green onion, a piece of zucchini, some mini bell peppers, a few cauliflower florets, some roasted red pepper, 1 celery stalk, a few radishes, and some jalapenos and red pepper flakes cause i like it spicy!!! just about any veggie will work!!

then scoop out your veggies onto a plate to cool....try not to eat them all...because they are sooo good even just like this!!! reserve the "veggie broth" for thinning out sauce if needed

after cooled, puree the veggies in a blender and add more seasonings of your choice...like a dash of hot sauce and more creole seasoning!!! use a little reserved veggie broth as needed to make it a medium thick sauce. omg i can just eat this whole bowl just like this!!!!!!! so good!!! set aside and prepare cauli-"grits"

saute cauliflower rice (i grate mine in a cheese grater) in a rather dry pan to toast....sprinkling with creole seasoning....set aside

saute the shrimp and diced tomatillo in some creole seasoning....i used Tony Chacheres Original Creole Seasoning

then pour in your veggie sauce!!! oooh my!!!

plate your cauli-grits....top with shrimp and sauce and garnish with sliced colored peppers, parsley and a dash hot sauce!!!!!!!!

ooooooooo weeeeeeee and as Justin Wilson used to say....you gawnna lik dis, " I gar-un-tee!"
  • Wow! This looks awesome! Can't wait to try this one when i get home next week! I live in Louisiana and this recipe rocks! Thanks, Rainbowsmiles!
  • Make sure to post these to the Recipe's Thread for posterity! I'd hate for this to get lost in the threads...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-3-a.html