So has anyone found a "legal" fruit juice we can drink?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: I've been drinking old fashioned Kool Aid this week (week one) - the unsweetened packets. I add stevia and it's delicious. So far the black cherry is the best which is wonderful over ice in the blender. It's tart and reminds me of shaved ice.

I'll meet with my coach this week for the first time. My initial meeting was with my doctor. I'm hoping Kool Aid is okay, I was a little unsure because of the acidity. But I've looked everywhere and can't find any indication it wouldn't be allowed.
    It 'seems' ok, but Im sure no expert...Would love to hear what others think.

Here is the list of ingredients...

Nutrition Information for All Kool-Aid Unsweetened Drink Mixes

The various unsweetened Kool-Aid sugar free powdered drink mixes have virtually the same nutritional information listed on the 2-quart envelopes with only a small variance in sodium between flavors. Each 1g serving of powdered unsweetened Kool-Aid mix (8oz. prepared) has the following nutritional values:

Calories: 0
    Sodium: 5 to 15mg
    Sugars: 0g
    Carbohydrates: 0g
    Total Fat: 0g
    Vitamin C: 10% USRDA

Ingredients of All Kool-Aid Unsweetened Drink Mixes

The consolidated list of ingredients common to all unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mixes is below, along with any additional ingredients that are specific to only some of the flavors:

Citric acid, Calcium Phosphate, Salt, Maltodextrin (dietetically insignificant and found only in Grape, Orange, Pink Lemonade, Lemonade and Soarin' Strawberry -Lemonade flavors), Natural and/or artificial flavors, Lemon juice solids (found only in Lemonade and Pink Lemonade), Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), Artificial colorings depending on product (for example, Red 40, Red 40 Lake, Blue 1, or Yellow 5), BHA (antioxidant freshness preservative found only in Tropical Punch, Orange, Pink Lemonade, Lemonade and Soarin' Strawberry -Lemonade flavors).
  • hmmm that's interesting....
  • Quote: hmmm that's interesting....
    Haha....thats exactly what I said....I feel I have read almost every thread on this dang board looking for an alternative to water, but I honestly havent seen Kool-aid listed anywhere as an ok option....

But looking at the ingredients, I am not seeing the normal stuff that would make it not ok
  • If I can have that I can drink a whole lot more!! That's what i miss most....my juices lol

Quote: Haha....thats exactly what I said....I feel I have read almost every thread on this dang board looking for an alternative to water, but I honestly havent seen Kool-aid listed anywhere as an ok option....

But looking at the ingredients, I am not seeing the normal stuff that would make it not ok
  • I drink the kool-aid
  • Quote: I drink the kool-aid
    Well, youve been holding out on me then bwahahaha...I have a listening problem according to my wife, but honestly this is the first I have ever heard of kool-aid...

hmmm, interesting....
  • Quote: Well, youve been holding out on me then bwahahaha...I have a listening problem according to my wife, but honestly this is the first I have ever heard of kool-aid...

hmmm, interesting....
    OOPS.....lol....I do the individual packets of the crystal light sometimes, make a pitcher of kool-aid, have tea, put lemon or lime juice, just to give it a little flavor
  • Im So Doing That Tonight!!!!!
  • Isn't the lemon a no-no?? I'm worried about the juice of that so usually bypass that!

I just found the Torani sugar-free syrup (s/f raspberry and s/f strawberry)used for coffee and have lately been using a few squirts of that with decaf green tea and make it into an iced tea drink...It's been yummy! I can even have the caffeinated version in the morning at the local coffee bar! I've also put a squirt of s/f peppermint in it too! I'm having a ball with it!

These are sweetened with Splenda - so it's a bonus. Found a generic version at Sam's Club of the Caramel. The raspberry had to be purchased from the coffee shop since I couldn't find it...but I see that Amazon has 6-bottle sampler of the s/f which I would have purchased if I saw it first! BTW, I love adding the s/f caramel to my IP vanilla drink with a sprinkle of cinnamon....yummo!
  • Lemon is listed on the P1 sheet as a seasoning...i use tons of it
  • Quote: Lemon is listed on the P1 sheet as a seasoning...i use tons of it
    How did I miss that??? Awesome! I wince when I walk past those lemons in the grocery store... Now I can get some! Love 'em! Thanks!
  • Quote: Cucumber lemon drink
    Have a few too many cocktails last weekend? Feeling a little bloated or uncomfortable in your clothes? Try this immunity boosting, anti-inflammatory drink that will fill you up, flush your system and make you feel better in no time. Make a big pitcher of this, run yourself a hot bath and relax you will be feeling better in no time.
    Makes a Pitcher-
    1/2 Lemon thinly sliced
    1/4 Cucumber thinly sliced- save 2 slices to place on your eyes
    Ice
    Water
    In a large pitcher add the lemon and cucumber, then the ice and then water. Let sit in the fridge for a few minutes before serving. Pour into a large wine glass, put your feet up and relax. Once the water is down to only 1/4 full refill with water. You can do this several times, keep in the fridge.
    The cucumber acts as an anti-inflammatory and the lemons boost immunity. Once you are done with your bath pop in your favorite Yoga DVD, you will be feeling back to yourself in no time.
    Wuv,

I'm going to try this tonight! Thanks for reprinting the recipe. I had seen it before, but then forgot about it. Great advice. You have come a long way, baby! You are an inspiration! I'm loving this diet(most of the time)
  • i like the torani SF syrups too and make a lovely refreshing drink....

raspberry ginger mint julep!!

i blend 1 cup ice, 1 cup water,
    1 tbsp torani raspberry syrup
    (sometimes coconut, peach or strawberry),
    tons of different torani SF flavors!!....
    1 tsp of the gourmet ginger in the tube
    and 1 fresh mint leaf in the blender...
    and its nice and refreshing!!! quick and easy.