Shopping in the Normal Sizes - NSV :)

• It's been a weird week. My weight is going away nicely, but I ended up needing the Climara patch to keep me from crying at stupid stuff. Apparently my estrogen levels have taken quite a drop since surgery. And then it took my pharmacy like three days to get a grip on the prescription and have it available, so by the time I got the patch yesterday I was ready to go over the counter and explain things physically to the very sweet pharmacist. He looked like he just wanted to give me a candy bar and make me sane

Anyway, I got the patch, and then I decided to drop in on TJ Maxx because my lovely mom and her lovely sapphire credit card were with me, and she is nice like that. Also I think she didn't want me to cry.

I hauled 15 things into the fitting room. I ended up with a size 14 Calvin Klein tank dress, a size L skirt, two size L tops, and a size 14 one-piece swimsuit that will be too big in a month but fits now. In fact, I think most of that stuff will be too big in a month or two, but OMG I CAN WEAR NORMAL SIZES NOW!

I haven't been able to shop in normal sizes in years. YEARS. I think my hormones fixed themselves at the cash register.
  • LOL!!!! great post, Imp. and i'm thrilled that you have your patch. as for the normal sizes - that's a wonderful accomplishment. when i'm down in the lower sizes, i absolutely freak out because there are SO many more choices and i just can't handle it.

glad you haven't suffered that sort of weirdness, though. congratulations!
  • Grats! That's so frickin' awesome! I can't wait for the 'new clothes' stage
    You're doing fab!
  • I feel like, as the weight comes off, I'm going to have to watch my shopping.

I used to be a clotheshorse when I was naturally thin. In my teens I dressed to kill. I didn't realize until lately how much I had just let that part of me go, and worn what I could afford or what fit.

Now I can go to all the cool stores I like (mostly online, because mostly what I love is not available in the Ozarks) and eyeball stuff that either fits now or will fit soon or will fit great after plastics. This is funny because I have neither the budget or the body, yet, for many of those items. I mean, plastics is something I am not likely to have the budget for, even.

Seriously, why was I staring down a pair of Louboutin pumps and a Black Milk tank dress last night? Unnecessary. Pretty, though.
  • Congratulations!!!! I know that must feel so good to be able to shop in the normal sizes and dress to kill again. Sounds like you are getting your groove back...lol awesome

Lulu
  • YAY!!! I long for the day when I can shop normal sizes!!
  • LOL, ANNNDDD then I got over it.

Here's what happened. We took out the boat and the waverunner for the 5th of July (family tradition) and it was me, my post-op dad, my mom, my 5'9" size 2 daughter, her actor fiance', my 15 year old son, and my "extra" daughter, who is my height and Marilyn Monroe curvy - probably a size 10, but with a little waist. Then there's me, in my size 14 swimsuit and my still-fat arms and general bulky bulk, with bonus added lifejacket and a little sag to the skin. What the WHAT, people?!

Now, I will have y'all know that I drove that waverunner ***** like a goddess. But I still look like this:

I'm still fat. Ouch, man. Ouch.
  • you look HAPPY!!!! and you're doing something you LOVE. what's wrong with that??
  • Quote: you look HAPPY!!!! and you're doing something you LOVE. what's wrong with that??
    I love you, jiffypop. I just do. You always say just the right thing at just the right time

And you're right. I had a blast. Even my future son-in-law thinks I'm awesome, so that helps a lot. And in his defense he is much prettier than that pic, too, so I vote we blame my dad for unflattering pics all the way around

Speaking of dad, here he is 4 1/2 months out and down to a 36-38 waist from his usual 46+. I think we weigh about the same now. He looks awesome for an old guy!

• Great pics! Everyone looks like they are having fun!! Heck I am not even sure I could fit in a life jacket! Keep up the good work!!