Protein Bars

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was wondering does anyone use protein bars?If you do is
    it for a meal or snack?Also which ones do you use?
    I don't follow Atkins Plan,but I do like his protein bars and shakes.
    I also like Peak protein,although it is high in calories {310}for
    1 bar.I sometimes have one for lunch,or if I am really hungry after
    work.Lauren
  • The protein in those bars is pretty low quality and should be saved for emergency use only. I will try to find you that article on bars and post the link.

Miss Chris
  • I don't know, I like some shakes, but don't like the bars. I can't be much of a help!

Bella23
  • sorry.. but if I'm going to eat all those calories I want a real chocolate bar!! for one third the price. Tried one once (to see what all the talk was about) I spit it out! Gross!
  • I don't use the Protein Bars, but I do use the Balance Bars and the Pria bars as a part of my daily diet. The Balance Bar I use as a meal, and it has 210 calories and I think it's very satisfying. The Pria bars are great because they are only 110 calories and I use one as an afternoon snack, and one as a dessert. They are really great! They curb my cravings for chocolate or sweets, but I'm still staying on track.

330 / 256 / 140
    SW / CW / GW
  • http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8525.asp\

Alot of these bars are full of filler and hidden carbs!

Miss Chris
  • I love the Atkins Advantage bars...My fave is the Pralines and Cream or the Cookies and Cream. I sometimes will use them for a meal replacement(usually breakfast as I am not a big breakfast kind of person), or as a snack.

I like the fact that they are only 2 g of carbs per bar.
  • Jen.. look how much weight you have lost!! You rock!!! I'm so proud of you
  • I will have a harvest bar when I don't have time for breakfast - don't think it counts as a protein bar.

Miss Chris - Couldn't get through on your link.
  • I love the chocolate mint Zone bars, YUM! I'll have half for a snack or the whole thing for lunch if I'm on the go.

Beverly
  • I love the Zone Bars, almost all flavors.

I just newly discovered the EAS AdvantEdge Protein Bars. They're palatable and have about 25 grams of protein for 250 calories. They keep me going ALL morning. I love them.

Since the thought of cooking breakfast makes me want to gag, and I would rather sleep for 10 minutes and eat in the car than just about anything else in the world, I DEPEND on protein bars for breakfast. I don't really care if they have nuclear waste in them, as long as I'm not binging on McD's drive-thru or Linn Waan's Lucky Donuts, I'm starting my day off right.
  • It went right through this afternoon and Jessica your right it is better to have something than nothing.

Miss Chris
  • Thank you slimdown.....I couldn't beleive the 7 lbs loss on the scale this morning.
  • http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/best-protein-bars.html

More on the good, bad, and ugly of protein bars!

Chris
  • Okay.. I must admit..
    I was tempted again to try these things.

I had the Protein plus bar... 220 cals.. wonderful!! very very filling..
    15 g of protein and 26 g of carbs... but it was tasty