IP Daily Chat for Thursday, June 21

You're on Page 2 of 11
Go to
  • OK I'm awake, should really be waking up DH...but we slept like CRAP (see blog for details, too long to explain on here) due to animals being jerks. Got about 3 hours of sleep last night, took excedrine, a cup of coffee, and will be taking more of both while at work today, don't worry, water intake will be fierce. weighed myself this morning, per usual, and continued my downward trend which is interesting, haven't had this many days of loss in a while, hoping it doesn't get jinxed some how. 170.6 this morning, a solid 2 lbs lighter than monday...I'll take that Well, I'm off to wake up DH...wish me luck...might try using a broom handle to poke him since he might be a tad violent without any sleep and all...yikes!!! JK! I'll check in at work, have a great day everyone and I look forward to reading all our newbies posts! (I cannot believe I'm not a newbie anymore, have stuck to this diet, AND have lost so dang much!)
  • Just dropping in
    Good Morning IP'ers

Just want to wish everyone a good Thursday and hope you have a OP day.

I wish I could have some of your heat that you are experiencing......cool day here in the North of Alberta.
    And with losing weight....I feel it even more. My WI is tomorrow....so here's hoping.

BTW......has anyone been using Raspberry Keytones? If so what are your thoughts on that. My clinic sells it and I'm wondering if it makes any difference.

Quote:
    Sorry to ramble it was an important moment for me that I don't think I expressed very well. I love that I now have some willpower and feel good about it. It makes me feel that I can keep this weight off for real this time!

I completely understand...and you made tears come to my eyes! Wuv said to me a few weeks ago 'celebrate events, not food'. For me - growing up in a big Italian family, it was always food..for any event. Last night my hubby and son had spaghetti. My first reaction was 'mmm...' then I looked at it and thought - no, I really don't want it.
    Salmongirl, Reneepw

I loved reading that this morning.....don't you just love it when that happens! Most days I feel the same way....but some days are harder than others

Hope everyone enjoys their 100% day

Sharon
  • good morning all! I'm on day 5 and tring, not successfully, to stop being a daily weigher! It's a little scary to see such a weight drop in so few days, I know it mustn't be true and don't want to be discouraged if it creeps up...scale didn't move today but I'm down 9 lbs. already???! I almost want to whisper that I'm in such disbelief!

Thank you all for being here, have great weigh-ins and please pray for the air conditioner at work to start working...up to 82 degrees yesterday...yuck! Easy to get the water in tho
  • GM, gonna be another HOT day here in Baltimore, almost to 100, I think. Yesterday, at one point, the thermometer in my car read 105 degrees! Have you ever been in a sauna? That is what it felt like, only add the hot sun beating down. So today, I am taking my son to my best friend's to go swimming! Perfect day for that. Packed up my IP food and some fresh veggies- cucumber and orange pepper- very refreshing. Hope I can get in some exercise while in the pool. Hope everyone has a great day. Remember to stay extra hydrated if you are out in this heat.
  • Quote: good morning all! I'm on day 5 and tring, not successfully, to stop being a daily weigher! It's a little scary to see such a weight drop in so few days, I know it mustn't be true and don't want to be discouraged if it creeps up...scale didn't move today but I'm down 9 lbs. already???! I almost want to whisper that I'm in such disbelief!
    I used to be a "daily weigh-er" but it started messing with my psyche if went up. I finally had my husband hide the scale. Now I only weigh in once a week @ the clinic.... Now I look forward (a nervous forward ) to my weekly weigh in.

Good Luck!!!
  • Quote: good morning all! I'm on day 5 and tring, not successfully, to stop being a daily weigher! It's a little scary to see such a weight drop in so few days, I know it mustn't be true and don't want to be discouraged if it creeps up...scale didn't move today but I'm down 9 lbs. already???! I almost want to whisper that I'm in such disbelief!

Thank you all for being here, have great weigh-ins and please pray for the air conditioner at work to start working...up to 82 degrees yesterday...yuck! Easy to get the water in tho
    I think it's okay to be a daily weigher, IF you are just being curious about how it fluctuates and are able to not freak out about it. I do weigh myself and enter it into an app on my phone (someone here suggested it-thanks to whoever that was, i love it). But every week when I go to my weigh in, my weight at the clinic is like 2-3 pounds different from what my scale reads. So I am really just using it to see what the line graph of my progress looks like. Hope they get that air conditioner fixed. I can't imagine being without one here!
  • Hi Everybody;
    Just a quick hello; I will try to write responses at work today! Good luck to everyone on their WI's today and the rest of you congratulations and good luck on staying OP!!
    It will finally be warm today here; maybe 80 F. The eastern US is getting all the hotter weather so far this year and we're having a crummy June! We want some heat!!
    Love you all!
  • Headed for my WI later this afternoon..... I hope it's a good one.... Wish me luck!!!

Have a Great IP Day everybody
  • Quote: Good morning everybody
    Its gonna be hot hot hot in Jersey today. (yes Rainbowsmiles, us Jersey girls are tough .. ROFL) I will be working on my pond today. I had put some algecide in it a few days ago and yesterday it hit almost 100 degrees and now my koi fish are all stressed out due to low oxygen levels. I realy hope I can fix it before I lose them. My sis in law also invited herself over to swim today (no, not in the pond, lol) so I guess I will have to also entertain a little.

Have a great day everyone... wishes for a skinny day to everyone!
    Cadu,
    You are only 9 pounds from goal!! It's just melting off you! You look absolutely gorgeous!!

Vet,
    How cool that you are training your little girls to shoot. Have you already taught them self defense and other useful things? They are so lucky to have their dad teach them these things.

All,
    My car broke down yet yesterday, around noon, in the extreme heat. Was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and was totally blessed because a half mile down the road was a used tire place that was able to replace the tie rod in a few hours. Had my IP food with me in a cooler. There was no air conditioning anywhere, just hung out and drank my water, my shake.

Have a fabulous day, stay cool and keep losing!
  • Had my WI last night down 2.8 lbs. for a total of 32 lbs. Yahoooo over half way to goal. Can't wait until I am in the 160's. I hope that everyone who still has to WI this week get a visit from the whoosh fairy.

Keep truckin

Caren
  • real quick check in ...

Work is kicking my hiney!!!

have a great day Losers and keep it won'hunnid
  • Good morning!
    Had a great WI yesterday.. Down 2.5 lbs. and 7.5 inches! This diet continues to amaze me. Good luck to all with WI's today!
  • Good Morning!! I think the lice is finally gone (fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc.!!), but then took my son to the doctor yesterday with a cough that was getting worse. They tested him for whooping cough/pertussis. Awesome!! Whooping cough cases in Wisconsin are 10 times higher this year than last year. So, now he's in isolation for 2 to 3 days until the results come back. And if he has it, we all have to be treated with antibiotics. Plus, we leave on vacation for a week on Saturday....the doctor said we can still go even if he has it, but what a pain this week has been!! Good thing I'm not eating junk!!!

I only have 8 pounds left to hit Onederland!!! That will be good incentive to stay OP while I'm on vacation. What's going to be hard is not weighing myself every day....maybe I'll bring the scale!
  • Morning IP Family! I've been off the board for the last few days, and I really, really miss it! (really busy time of year)
    I had a super great surprise this morning! I stepped on the scale for my weekly weigh in (maintenance - see coach once a month) and....
    I'm down another pound! Woot - woot!

I've been really careful in maintenance, but still eating what I want, so I was totally shocked. The thing is, I'm just not drawn to the kinds of foods that I used to be.... pasta, bread... and I have been so busy with end-of-the-year activities that I haven't had time to bake or linger in the kitchen much.
    My girls brought Doritos over yesterday (my kryptonite) and I did have a couple of handfuls, but then I said to myself, 'this could end badly.... I could eat the whole bag' so I went over the DGS in the sandbox and forgot about them.

Quote: OK I'm awake, should really be waking up DH...but we slept like CRAP (see blog for details, too long to explain on here) due to animals being jerks. Got about 3 hours of sleep last night, took excedrine, a cup of coffee, and will be taking more of both while at work today, don't worry, water intake will be fierce. weighed myself this morning, per usual, and continued my downward trend which is interesting, haven't had this many days of loss in a while, hoping it doesn't get jinxed some how. 170.6 this morning, a solid 2 lbs lighter than monday...I'll take that Well, I'm off to wake up DH...wish me luck...might try using a broom handle to poke him since he might be a tad violent without any sleep and all...yikes!!! JK! I'll check in at work, have a great day everyone and I look forward to reading all our newbies posts! (I cannot believe I'm not a newbie anymore, have stuck to this diet, AND have lost so dang much!)
    So glad to hear of your loss this week. I know that sometimes it comes off slower and gets very frustrating. Just wanted to let you know, by the voice you use in your writing, I know that you and I could get along really well IRL. The sarcasm, sardonic humor... yep, we could hang out

Quote: Hi Everybody;
    Just a quick hello; I will try to write responses at work today! Good luck to everyone on their WI's today and the rest of you congratulations and good luck on staying OP!!
    It will finally be warm today here; maybe 80 F. The eastern US is getting all the hotter weather so far this year and we're having a crummy June! We want some heat!!
    Love you all!
    Wishing you a great day too. Your posts always make me smile

Carol: Have you seen your stats lately!?!? WOW! You are sooooo close to goal! I'm rooting for you! Good luck with the pond. This heat sux!
  • Whenever you ever become tempted, think of this;

What are stumbling blocks and defeat before you, can be stepping stones to victory if you remain determined

Have a good day and stay strong!