IP Daily Chat Wednesday 06/20/12

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • Chihuahua vs. Coke
    Holy cow already 2 pages for me to catch up on?!? Yikes!!! Today was really bad for me, PMS I think or something, because WOW was I angry earlier and it was ugly. I decided to see if humor therapy worked. Turns out, it did. Here's the pic that got me out of my "doldrums" or "anger storm" so to speak...

I hope everyone has an OP day, WI were successful and that everyone is happy to make it to Hump day and are looking forward to their weekends. I'll read posts a bit later and try to get all my replies in.

Yoda-Out!
  • So - WOW - a LOT of great WIs and NSVs....Congratulations all around - and a SPECIAL WHOOP WHOOP to my IP twin Cadu! Hope I follow in your shoes next WI!

Quote: Hi! I have a few questions. I have posted over 20 posts and have been on here over a month but still can't get a weight ticker..how do I do that? Also, can you make a taco salad for dinner and put a little cheese?? I am runing out of dinner ideas...eating the same old thing.
    I had put up a few pics w/a mini-tutorial yesterday - hope it helps!
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4376670-post8.html

Quote: I should get my shipment of new IP foods today or tomorrow. I'm excited to try new things! My husband tried the White Cheddar Ridges last night, which I don't like. I'll kind of choke them down, but I won't order them again! He had one and threw them out. He said they were terrible, too!!
    There's a few recipes for the white cheddar ridges out there - one intriguing one has you crush them into 'breadcrumbs', then coat asparagus in egg whites and roll in the ridges, and bake (get in veggies & IP). Also maybe try them crumbled as croutons? I would hate for you to 'choke down' such an expensive box of quality protein when a few tweaks could turn it into something delish.

Quote: I can sympathize on your husband losing so quickly. It's so frustrating that it seems to come off so easily for men. My husband is a toothpick. And he is rarely hungry. He literally forgets to eat. I have never forgotten to eat in my lifetime. lol. He can also eat whatever he wants without any consequence. It's so unfair! lol I guess we just have to come to terms with the fact that we all have different bodies, different chemical make ups, metabolisms, etc. I think it's OK, though, to take a little time to mope about it.. Just don't let it become to overwhelming. Don't give up!
    I am married to a tall, fit man myself (6'4", 225lb), although he generally eats healthy and works out. My problem was I started eating when he did and how much he did - and at 5'6" and being female - that just doesn't work!

Quote: OK, once again I just don't seem to be able to get the idea of how to multi-quote, though the rest of y'all seem to do just fine. The quoting link at the top of the thread each day isn't about quoting so H.E.L.P.
    Hope this Helps! Kaypix made a little tutorial a while back: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...responses.html

Quote: My DD decided to start IP on Monday. She is going to go out for drinks this weekend and get it all out of her system. Let's hope she really decides to start on Monday. She really needs to. Hate to see her health decline like it is.
    I was just thinking about you and your daughter this morning - it made me smile on the way to work thinking about what a great mother and example you are - she is so lucky - I said it yesterday, but I wish I had found IP when I was 22. Good luck to you both! And happy health!
  • Yay! It's raining in San Antonio! Come on rain!!!

I hope it stops before my "woman" doctor's appointment at the big military hospital this afternoon (parking stinks). I want them to schedule me for a glucose test to test for insulin resistance. Anyone have this? What are your symptoms? My sister has it and is on metmorfin, and we are very similiar.
  • Quote: UGH - I cannot get rid of my daughter's lice....what a vicious cycle. Last night I didn't eat dinner until about 830 because I was dealing with her. She's 7 and she's gotten to her breaking point, so I had to bribe her last night to try something different. I'm just about to my breaking point, too.

I should get my shipment of new IP foods today or tomorrow. I'm excited to try new things! My husband tried the White Cheddar Ridges last night, which I don't like. I'll kind of choke them down, but I won't order them again! He had one and threw them out. He said they were terrible, too!!

Have a great day everyone and have great WI's!!!!
    Poor kid.

Never throw anything out! It is amazing how your tastes change. I used to hate the berry puddings, then I used them in the muffin recipes and loved them! Now I drink them as shakes...

The white cheddar ridges are good as croutons in a taco salad! They add some crunch.
  • Quote: I can tell I will struggle with getting the veggies and salad in...but will keep on trying. I had the IP Omlet this morning with mushrooms I sauteed in EVOO with garlic...Yummy!
    Quote: Also, can you make a taco salad for dinner and put a little cheese?? I am runing out of dinner ideas...eating the same old thing.
    Quote: Hi all! First time poster here, beginning my 4th day and doing ok. I cooked a pork loin at the beginning of the week so I would have some food ready to eat coming home from work in case I was starving or heat beaten. Also trying to keep my veggies changed up so I don't eat same thing every day. There are tons of fabulous tips here!!
    Well, in case you have trouble 'navigating' to the sticky - here's a direct link to the recipe pages, Finn's page, and the packet hacks page. Finn is also on Facebook, you can download a pdf of his recipe from his FB page and get updates as he adds new items.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-recipes.html
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-2-a.html
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-3-a.html
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-packets.html

It can be overwhelming to go through all of that at first - another suggestion is to check out the daily 'What Are You Eating Today' thread, a few of us list out our menu and if something sounds intriguing just ask for the recipe.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ay-ipeeps.html
  • Quote:
    The white cheddar ridges are good as croutons in a taco salad! They add some crunch.
    great idea!!!!!!
  • Quote: OK, once again I just don't seem to be able to get the idea of how to multi-quote, though the rest of y'all seem to do just fine. The quoting link at the top of the thread each day isn't about quoting so H.E.L.P.

Today is weighin 3, just two more hours. Hope I do better than than the 2.5 last week, coach wants at least 3-4 each week, but my body just won't respond.

I've been 100% for 3 weeks except for Sunday. It wasn't carbs that got me Sunday, it was an extra hamburger patty (96/4) beyond my allowed. I looked up the stats on the extra meat and decided to forgo my last shake for the day, but ever since then I've wondered if I have sabotaged my diet.
    No-a little extra fat and protein probably will help! The fat helps you stay in ketosis. And can help prevent the big c!
  • Quote: Yay! It's raining in San Antonio! Come on rain!!!

I hope it stops before my "woman" doctor's appointment at the big military hospital this afternoon (parking stinks). I want them to schedule me for a glucose test to test for insulin resistance. Anyone have this? What are your symptoms? My sister has it and is on metmorfin, and we are very similiar.
    If you stick with ip your indulin resistance should resolve. I recent,y had a full work up and I am as healthy as a person can be-including fasting sugars and cholesterol. Getting rid of the carbs gets everything working properly.
  • Quote: Hi It's me again.. got back from WI and am down 4 pounds..
    very very happy today.
    That my dear is so Fabulous!!!! I am very happy for you; you are almost there!!

Quote: I am experiencing a NSV. I started IP on Monday, Tuesday TOM showed up...I have been 100% OP! This is unheard of for me...during TOM I usually indulge in whatever I want, and now, this week, I am just following the plan to a "T."

I can tell I will struggle with getting the veggies and salad in...but will keep on trying. I had the IP Omlet this morning with mushrooms I sauteed in EVOO with garlic...Yummy!

Have a great OP day everyone!
    Great job; you're going to do great on this program!!

Quote: Good morning IP'ers (which I think is suitable because of all the water we're drinking! teehee)
    Today's day 13....finding it hard to believe i've been clean for so many days. It has been surprisingly easy. I just have to plan ahead, if I keep doing that - I am good!
    Yesterday someone suggested I have a pickle before bed to help with my leg cramps...it worked! No cramp in sight last night YIPEE!!! I am so grateful to have found this forum.
    I am also very happy that my scale weighs a couple of pounds higher then the scale my coach uses.
    Happy Wednesday! Remember that saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
    Good for you!! I love the pee reference...you made me laugh!

Quote: Good morning everyone! Had my first WI yesterday and was down 10 lbs. Wow! Thanks for all your tips! Congratulations on all your successes!
    Quote: My official weigh in at the clinic was -5 lbs!!! Yay!

I didn't get all my water in yesterday, and I didn't eat all my protein at dinner (but I probably ate about 4 oz). I went to bunco last night, so it threw my evening all off. I did not eat a thing. I watched everyone eat yummy foods and cheesecake and drink wine. I felt totally fine with it, too

Hope everyone has a great day!
    I am so proud of you!!! Great job; except the water part.

Quote: OK, once again I just don't seem to be able to get the idea of how to multi-quote, though the rest of y'all seem to do just fine. The quoting link at the top of the thread each day isn't about quoting so H.E.L.P.

Today is weighin 3, just two more hours. Hope I do better than than the 2.5 last week, coach wants at least 3-4 each week, but my body just won't respond.

I've been 100% for 3 weeks except for Sunday. It wasn't carbs that got me Sunday, it was an extra hamburger patty (96/4) beyond my allowed. I looked up the stats on the extra meat and decided to forgo my last shake for the day, but ever since then I've wondered if I have sabotaged my diet.
    Don't beat yourself up for the extra protein I doubt it will make any difference. Your coach is unrealistic!! I don't lose fast and my clinic is very supportive of my little losses, so they are all different. If you are staying OP you are doing the best that can be done!!

Quote: WI #2 - 6lbs & 2 more inches of belly gone.

That's a total of 13lbs in 14 days
    Fabulous job; you are rocking this program!!!

Quote: Hi,

I used to always be hot & want the air conditioning as low as my husband could stand it... Since my 2nd week on IP I get chilled easy & think the air set @ 77 or 78 degrees is just perfect!!!!

Has anyone else gotten "colder"?????

Thanks & have a GREAT IP Day
    Yes, except for one daily hot flash I am cold constantly. I have a heater under my desk at work that I turn on quite frequently!! My hands are always freezing.

Quote: WOOT WOOT its a BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!! got my bike ride in early BEFORE THE SWELTERING HEAT!!! I rode 7.5 miles this morning!!! IT FELT GREEEEAAAAT!!! my calves were screaming at me but i pressed on!!! on the way back home...there is a tree by the road, and the branches hang a little low, so i was so proud of myself i raised my hand and gave that ole low hanging branch a SLAP OF A HIGH 5!! and right now you're probably thinkin oh no she didn' yes i did!! i know, i'm a nut sometimes!! still it felt good to high five a tree...and say well done susan...and take that devil!! bwahahaha

oooo a jersey girl!!! i love ya even MORE!!! i always heard those jersey girls were a RIOT and NOT TO BE MESSED WITH!!

darcrista......come here....come here....closer....CLOSER.....SMACK yeah, i'm just that kinda friend don't ya know....now come on....pull yourself together chica....YOU GOT THIS!!!

thats the spirit....just keep on truckin baby....you got to keep on truckin....
    Ain't nothin' holdin' me back nothin'
    I'll keep right on, right on truckin'
    Ain't nothin' holdin' me back nothin'
    I'll keep right on, right on truckin
    now look what ya did....you got me singing that ancient song....keep on truckin....

happy drops???
    ok so thats the best i could find!!! hahahahaha
    You are a riot!! Keep up the funny stuff you've got me rolling on the floor!

Quote: I see so many great attitudes and great losses already today Great job everyone!!!

My DD decided to start IP on Monday. She is going to go out for drinks this weekend and get it all out of her system. Let's hope she really decides to start on Monday. She really needs to. Hate to see her health decline like it is.

Happy Summer Solstice. 21 hours and 50 minutes of daylight here today. Looks like it is going to be a Hot day around the country. Stay cool. It's been beautiful here this week, and I needed it.
    Your daughter is in my prayers!! How amazing to have that much sunshine! How do you sleep?

Quote: Yay! It's raining in San Antonio! Come on rain!!!

Good luck on your test!! Losing weight made my blood glucose drop back into the normal range!
  • Quote: Holy cow already 2 pages for me to catch up on?!? Yikes!!! Today was really bad for me, PMS I think or something, because WOW was I angry earlier and it was ugly. I decided to see if humor therapy worked. Turns out, it did. Here's the pic that got me out of my "doldrums" or "anger storm" so to speak...

I hope everyone has an OP day, WI were successful and that everyone is happy to make it to Hump day and are looking forward to their weekends. I'll read posts a bit later and try to get all my replies in.

Yoda-Out!
    You crack me up!!! Love the dog (can't spell chauiowa) see....
    Hope you are in a happier place now; you made me happy!!
  • Hi everyone! Great to see all the positive results you're reporting My first WI is tomorrow so I'm still chugging along

I resisted wings and birthday cake last night (and vodka) and stayed 100% OP so I was proud of myself! It wasn't even that hard -- I just ate before we went to the restaurant and had an IP drink when we got home! I don't think I'm "strong" enough to order OP food at a restaurant just yet (plus I don't know how they cook it - it's a wings place), so I abstained!

Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82

Yay! It's raining in San Antonio! Come on rain!!!

I'm in Austin -- send us some of that rain!!!! It's just overcast here
  • Replies:
    Quote: Good morning.....had my WI #8 yesterday. (Missed #7)...down -6 lbs....yay. x
    Great job!

Quote: Good Morning, just checking in to wish everyone a great OP day and good luck with WIs!
    Holy cow I love your new avatar pic, so pretty!

Quote: Also, can you make a taco salad for dinner and put a little cheese?? I am runing out of dinner ideas...eating the same old thing.
    Check our recipe sticky threads, 3 threads, two of which are about 14 pages long and each page has like, 40 recipes or some crazy #

Quote: Man i woke up today in the most rotten mood. I haven't felt this annoyed, edgy, and just downright cruddy, since wayyy before my son was born. I am just not a nice person right now. I hate feeling this way.
    I know how you feel, I was the EXACT same way, lots of goofy pictures cheered me up finally.

Quote: Sorry about that. I feel the same way...but I am not menopausal anymore. I am edgy and annoyed, and sad as well.
    Must be going around!

Quote: I can sympathize on your husband losing so quickly. It's so frustrating that it seems to come off so easily for men. My husband is a toothpick. And he is rarely hungry. He literally forgets to eat. I have never forgotten to eat in my lifetime. lol. He can also eat whatever he wants without any consequence. It's so unfair! lol I guess we just have to come to terms with the fact that we all have different bodies, different chemical make ups, metabolisms, etc. I think it's OK, though, to take a little time to mope about it.. Just don't let it become to overwhelming. Don't give up!
    My DH isn't skinny anymore, he gained a bit this year, up to a whole 185 (gasp oh no!) and now says he wants to lose it, but isn't doing anything about it, but he doesn't eat, ever, except maybe lunch a bit and dinner. He DOES snack a bit, but I don't think IP would be right for him, just a gut feeling.

Quote: Hi It's me again.. got back from WI and am down 4 pounds..
    Congrats! You go girl!

Quote: I am experiencing a NSV. I started IP on Monday, Tuesday TOM showed up...I have been 100% OP! This is unheard of for me...during TOM I usually indulge in whatever I want, and now, this week, I am just following the plan to a "T."
    Great job!! You can get through this week!

Quote: Good morning IP'ers (which I think is suitable because of all the water we're drinking! teehee) Happy Wednesday! Remember that saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
    Thanks for the chuckle and the reminder

Quote: Good morning everyone! Had my first WI yesterday and was down 10 lbs. Wow! Thanks for all your tips! Congratulations on all your successes!
    Welcome to our forums, and just wait until your story is going around to others! Before you know it you'll be inspiring other new members :-)
  • NSV: A former co-worker of my husband's has a wife who contacted me about my weight loss, and she wants to give it a shot So we are getting together for lunch on Sunday and going to give her all the info I can on the Ideal Protein and the Alternative products I use as well...this is gonna be a fun lunch.

I cannot I've inspired 2 people to lose weight. 2! Nearly 3! It kind of makes me want to cry...I'm not that special, really, but, people are starting to look to me for ways to lose, and it makes me feel really good inside.
  • Just a quick hello from me today. Congrats on all the great weigh ins!

I have a nasty headache and am quite sleepy today but other than that no real complaints. I stepped on the scale this morning and was UP 2 whole pounds from yesterday but I'm not letting it impact me because I know it's a temporary fluctuation and I need to get more salad in! So I don't expect it to be around for too long.

Happy Wednesday!!
  • Quote: Hi It's me again.. got back from WI and am down 4 pounds..
    very very happy today.
    Congradulations !!!! You are so close to goal