I Join IP on Thursday

• I made the Appointment today to get started on IP..

At first I was reading here and thinking about doing the Alternative by myself, but decided to go with a Coach...

Had back Surgery Due to a Accident and while being not very active I put on more weight than I like to admit too..

I feel I will be more comfortable with a Coach at this time to learn the in and out's one on one..
  • I am in my 7th week 100% ip with a coach and while many here are very successful with alternatives, i dont have the desire nor time to try find foods close enough to work for me. I have learned tons from my coach and do not regret going with the clinic in any way...

Good luck
  • You will not regret your decision! The only thing I regret so far on my IP journey is not starting sooner. I do use some alternative products and started about the 7th week OP... I only use the ones that are available at Walmart because I am sort of lazy like that ... but I think that if you have access to a center and the guidance of an IP coach that is really the way to go.

Good luck !!!
  • Quote: I made the Appointment today to get started on IP..

At first I was reading here and thinking about doing the Alternative by myself, but decided to go with a Coach...

Had back Surgery Due to a Accident and while being not very active I put on more weight than I like to admit too..

I feel I will be more comfortable with a Coach at this time to learn the in and out's one on one..
    Good luck! The first four or five days were really hard for me but it got much better after that so hang in there. This forum is great inspiration.
  • Quote: I made the Appointment today to get started on IP..

& Good Luck
  • Welcome to you! I just started on Monday and am also going to a medical clinic with a coach. The accountability and 1:1 support seemed to be a good idea for me, so hopefully it will work for you too!

This board is a wealth of knowledge. I have been on here far too much this week (not getting my work done LOL) but getting lots of good ideas and support. GL!
  • Thank You everyone for the words of encouragement.

All my life I have struggled with my weight.

My IP Clinic is located in My Chiropractors Office. I have gone their for 13 years and I feel comfortable dealing with someone that I know..
  • Tonight you should go through your house and throw (or give) away any snack food, candy, etc. it is much easier to stick with ip if temptation is removed.

Be open to trying different packets, even if you don't like them the first time. Add spices, veggies, etc.

Plan your days for the first week. You will be hungry, and when hunger strikes and you have no plan it is hard to stay op. get some dill pickles, egg whites, etc. to help you through those days.
    and eat the salad. Find a dressing you like and make a big batch. It will keep you fuller, and less likely to cheat!

Welcome!
  • Hi cathomp31! I had my initial appt last Wednesday and started Thursday morning and one of my best friends has her appt today and is starting tomorrow too!!! It's great to find a place for support and to see if what you're going through is "normal"!!

For me, I was nauseas quite a bit Friday and Saturday - but that disappeared Sunday not to return.

I was also *shocked* at the number of potty breaks I needed to pee the first 2-3 days -- like 2x an hour. I was drinking extra water and way more than I had been prior to starting, but still

But really I've found it pretty easy to stay OP so far. I hope you do too!!!
  • Welcome and good luck! It was the best decision I ever made! I've only been on program for 3 weeks, but I've been watching the weight practically fall right off of me. Don't get discouraged if you try a packet and hate it. The first week was the hardest for me to adjust to the food, but now I'm experimenting and finding ways to enjoy them all! Watching the numbers fall so quickly on the scale will be astonishing!
  • I know 3 people that have been on IP, and have been very successful..
    And I know I can always turn to them for support..

I have had a chance to sample some of the food so I know what to expect..

My concern is I'm not a Big eater and how in the heck am I going to eat 4 Cups of veggies every day...
  • Welcome

I've been on IP for two weeks and could not be happier. I plan on staying 100%IP to the end. You can find a lot of support and valuable information on this board. Good Luck!