Should I be more restricted on my restrictives??

• So I have seen some comments about some of you cutting back or taking a break from the restrictive foods....which makes me think maybe I should be more careful. The first 2 weeks on IP I had no restrictives and lost 10#'s, but now the past two weeks I had restrictives and lost 7#'s. (I meet with my coach and weigh every 2 weeks). I LOVE the bars (carmel nut and the new Peanut butter one) and they are such a treat to have, but so high in carbs and not sure if they are doing more hindering than helping. Would love to see what other thoughts are.
  • I have tried having none and having one a day. I found my loses improved with the restricted foods, and I was definitely more satisfied. Even with the carbs in a restricted, you should stay in ketosis. Ip has clearly put a lot of research into these foods, if it is on the protocol it should not hinder your loses.
  • The plan is very carefully thought out and researched and everything that is on the protocol sheet is there for a reason.

When I previously did very low carb diets I instantly gained the lost weight back as soon as I added modest amounts of carbs back.

I have maintained my weight loss from IP (actually alternatives) since March fairly easily so far. I think the protocol includes small amounts of carbs and fat plus more protein so you body is not shocked when you add things back carefully in maintenance.
    I am always surprised when coaches tell people they can't have things which are on the protocol sheets. One restricted item a day is part of the protocol.
  • I chose not to have one everyday only because I noticed a difference in my bowel movements. If I had one everyday I wouldn't be able to go for days. So I chose to have 3-4 a week...sometimes on a hard day I'd have the umber 5. My coach actually called in about me and he said I shouldn't have that problem as there is more fibre in the bars....I told her to tell him to tell my intestines...there was something to my theory when it related to my body.

There is not a difference in your weight loss, go ahead and have them, I would have if I could have.
  • patns - I am curious, did you did alternative products from day 1? Or did you start with IP products and then move to alternatives?
  • Quote: So I have seen some comments about some of you cutting back or taking a break from the restrictive foods....which makes me think maybe I should be more careful. The first 2 weeks on IP I had no restrictives and lost 10#'s, but now the past two weeks I had restrictives and lost 7#'s. (I meet with my coach and weigh every 2 weeks). I LOVE the bars (carmel nut and the new Peanut butter one) and they are such a treat to have, but so high in carbs and not sure if they are doing more hindering than helping. Would love to see what other thoughts are.
    I think the first two weeks you lose more with the water weight. Last week I had 6 restricteds and lost 4.8. This week I had 4 and lost 3.2 but have my TOM also. I would say track it for awhile and see. My coach says if you don't have them you'll lose more but not sure if I agree. Sometimes I just need the convenience of them. And it's nice to get that chocolate and peanut butter fix
  • I have a protein bar every evening, and my weight loss has been consistent. As with other diets in the past, my weight loss started out fast, then gradually slowed as I get closer to goal. I don't think I could have stayed on the program without that little treat every day!
  • Quote: patns - I am curious, did you did alternative products from day 1? Or did you start with IP products and then move to alternatives?
    I did IP products and went to a clinic for the first 6 weeks on the program. Then when school started up I just didn't have time for the long commute to the clinic so switched to alternatives. My rate of weight loss was the same both ways.

Pat