Controlling Sugar Cravings As A Vegetarian

• Hello All!

I have been Vegetarian for 8 years. And this may seem a bit odd; but I crave sugar like its no one's business once I consume a meal! I literally look for something with sugar in it and im not sure why.

Its been like this since I had started the Pill, and I haven't been on it now for one year. I've altered my eating habits but the "sugar issue" still wont go away.

Any takes?

Blessings.
  • I have the same problem. I need a dessert at the end of every meal. I like to keep a desserty fruit around- super ripe blueberries, grapes, cherries, dates something like that. For a sweet treat I cut up an apple and sprinkle it with cinnamon or I'll mix a little bit of pb in with some crisp brown rice and honey. Also if I'm really splurging I like the cookie dough ball recipes on ohsheglows.com Good luck!
  • Really? I also have this kind of problem.

But what I do is that I will drink a glass of water before every meal and also throughout the day. This prevent me from craving more food.

If I really feel like eating something sweet, I will eat fruits like strawberry, grapes, apples, and etc. This is better than eating ice-cream and chocolate.