Hello!

• Hey everyone! I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a college student in New York, probably studying physics. My weight has been out of control for the past few years and I want to deal with it once and for all.

Until about a year and a half ago my weight fluctuated a lot, but never went above 115 lb. Unbeknownst to me, I had hypothyroidism, which I (unknowingly) self-medicated by constantly dieting and exercising. My thyroid is fine now, but my dieting triggered a massive bingeing rampage, so over the past year and a half I've gained (yikes!) 40 lb. Bingeing has ruined my first year of college and I want to be done with this nightmare!

I plan to try losing about 30-35 lb. I don't have a specific timeline for this, but I think a good goal would be to do this by the end of the year. That way I won't have to go to extremes but I'll still be significantly healthier by the time I go back to school. I want to use a primarily vegan, low-fat diet with walking as the main exercise.

So hello fellow weight-losers!
  • Hi, I'm new too I gues we're sort of in the same shoes. I'm finishing my last year of high school and really want to lose weight in time for college. I have about 50lbs to lose.

Welcome to 3FC and good luck!