Quick Description of IP Plan

• I get so many sincere questions about "how I lost the weight". Does anyone have a quick few sentences describing the plan? I feel like I give way too much info when describing it..... Thanks.
  • High protein, low carb with a vegetable and water requirement
  • I just tell people I eat low carb, high protein, zero sugar and lots of vegetables!
  • I just say lots of lean protein and veggies. People accept that as healthy; I don't mention low carb as that gets some people giving advice.
  • Thanks
  • Quote: I just say lots of lean protein and veggies. People accept that as healthy; I don't mention low carb as that gets some people giving advice.
    I agree, pat. Most times I do not say low carb unless they ask for more info. People have many misconceptions about low-carb diets.
  • Quote: I just say lots of lean protein and veggies. People accept that as healthy; I don't mention low carb as that gets some people giving advice.
    I too avoid the "low carb high protein" description, conjures up Atkins etc.
  • I usually say it is like a modified Atkins in that it does get you into ketosis, but it adds lots of healthy vegetables so it is feels more balanced. That, and the fact that it was so structured and told me exactly what to do, that it involves their packaged foods, and that it worked and was recommended by my MD as sound. They may comment, but then again, I would have questioned it before trying it too. The fact that my doctor thought it was safe was what sold me on it.