Ideas For Flavoring Greek Yogurt

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: One of my MRC counselors suggested crushing ice and sprinkling one of the powered HNS on it or to sprinkle a crystal light on it. She said it satifies her hunger for something crunchy.
    I always keep a bottle of lemon juice that I add to my water and sugar free margaritas. I didn't even think about adding it to Greek yogurt w vanilla extract!!! I'll have to get some almond extract. - I bet that would be good mixed w my vanilla bean torte and even chocolate truffle HNS. Thank u ladies!!!! The more tasty choices I have the better to keep me motivated and on plan
  • I saw this in a magazine but cannot remember which one! tried it last night and it was very yummy. Reminded me of Keylime pie!

2 packets stevia
    vanilla extract
    a squeeze of lime juice

I have also been using the Walden Farms chocolate and strawberry syrups. I add some stevia to the yogurt and then drizzle a bit of both syrups over the top - like a yogurt sundae.
  • I recently tried adding 1/4 tsp. chocolate extract and a packet of stevia to my greek yogurt and it was actually pretty good!
  • Yogurt doesn't have to be sweet! Don't underestimate the savory options.

It's very similar to the Indian yogurt, which is often served as a savory dish and eaten alongside a spicy main dish to cool it down. My favorites are when it is mixed with onion or pomegranate, but not sweetened! It's really yummy.
  • Tonight I used 1 tbsp cheesecake pudding mix. It's 25 calories for 1/4 the package....there is about 7 tbsps in 1/4 of the package....so one tbsp is minimal calories. and OMG - it was the BEST THING EVER!! I use Oikos plain and I could have chewed the plastic container it was so good. Tasted JUST LIKE cheesecake!!!
  • ^^^ LOL! Which Greek Yogurt brand does everyone perfer? I think I'm going to get one or two just to try out.
  • Trader Joes, if you have that store. Other than that, I just look for ones that are highest in protein. Some are 20 gr per cup,which is awesome.
  • By far my favorite brand is Fage' both 0 percent and 2 percent fat. Next would be Oikos and then Chiobani. I have tried all brands that I could find - Kroger is not bad too. Remember these are the plain unflavored verision so they will be sour.
  • I know this is an old thread but it has lots of good ideas so I thought I'd add a few more. Did you know there is flavored liquid stevia? Sweet Leaf is the best brand and you can find it at places like Vitamin Cottage, Whole Foods, Sprouts - or online from Amazon too.
    I have the Chocolate and it's amazing over fresh berries so I know it would be good in greek yogurt.
    There is a lemon drop flavor that is really good in plain sparkling water. Oh - and the root beer one too makes it like root beer in sparkling water.
    The english toffee is what got me away from cream in my coffee...yes, I drink coffee still - 1/2 caff, just a cup in the morning.

Ok, so I have a bit of a stevia collection in my fridge. I got hooked a year or so ago when I did the crazy HCG thing. But it's still the only non-sugar sweetener that doesn't give me stomach or head aches.
  • I've taken to mixing mine with dressing mix- dill, ranch, etc, from hidden valley. Then I can eat it like dip with veggies! It's soooooo good. The dip mix only adds about 20 calories to a 1/2 cup serving.