Tea Lovers

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have been having some cravings lately and wanted to try having some tea. My question is, can we have any kind of tea? I bought Lipton Vanilla Caramel Truffle Black Tea and I'm afraid to try it because it sounds like it should be restricted! Anyone want to share what their favorite tea is? I would love some ideas!
  • I like African Honeybush Tea and African Rooibos tea. They're both herbal, I find them in the health food section. Honeybush tea is delicious! I like to add just a few drops of stevia extract and it really is wonderful tasting and smelling.

I also just picked up this blend at Teavana which has a ton of different things in it and is delicious.

If you want guilt free sweetness, teas that have licorice root or cinnamon usually are naturally somewhat sweet with no help from any sweetener.
  • Kusmi strawberry green tea by far... that stuff is so yummy I could live on it. Lipton tangerine orange green tea is also pretty yummy. I love all tea
  • African Rooibos tea is my currant favorite and it's herbal so no worries about the caffeine. I also love green tea, and I usually buy the decaf made by Good Earth because it also has lemongrass in it.
  • I drink Chocolate Banana Rooibos and Chocolate Mint Rooibos and Double Bergamont Earl Grey Tea... None of these are restricted..they are just tea!! and they taste delicious!
  • The only way a tea would be restricted is if it had sugar in it. The only place i have encountered this is with some of the Keurig iced teas. Some are sweetened but most any bagged tea should be fine. Read the ingredients....English breakfast and Earl Grey for me....
  • I have at least one cup of GOOD tea every day. I buy loose leaf tea from Teavana and make it in this: http://www.teavana.com/tea-products/...rfect-teamaker

My favorites are:

ZINGIBER GINGER COCONUT ROOIBOS TEA: Tastes like a coconut macaroon
    HONEYBUSH VANILLA HERBAL TEA

I want to try: SEVENBERRY SANGRIA ROOIBOS TEA

Around the holidays, I stock up on celestial seasonings sugar cookie tea, though I JUST found out I can order it online year round FTW
    http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...ie-sleigh-ride

All of the above are caffeine free and most are Rooibos. I usually have one cup around 3pm and another after dinner. It's especially helpful if I have had my restricted treat already in the day. This way I get something sweet and dont feel deprived.
  • So really any kind of tea is ok? That's great to know! They all sound yummy! I'm hoping it will help with my cravings! I've been hungry in between meals and have a sweet tooh after them. Maybe having some tea will help.
  • Hot herbal tea really does help! I love any of the Celestial Seasonings teas: Bengal Spice is great, so is Sweet Dreams before bed. I love peppermint in the afternoons and regular Tetley tea on weekends. Enjoy guilt free!
  • Celestial Seasonings has such a wide variety...my favorite is Honey Chamomille. I have one every night within an hour of dinner as my "dessert" to keep my mind off of cravings in the evening.
  • I am hooked on the Good Earth Sweet & Spicy herbal tea.
  • MustangMolly- Me too I just don't like anything as much! It comes in decaf and regular too. LOVE LOVE Good Earth Sweet & Spicy! Now I gotta go make some...
  • Quote: Kusmi strawberry green tea by far... that stuff is so yummy I could live on it. Lipton tangerine orange green tea is also pretty yummy. I love all tea
    Totally agree with you, I love this one, I can't find it except at the Kusmi Tea boutique in Montreal. I'm also a fan of Rooibos Orange Blossom from David's Tea, great as hot or iced. And their chocolate spicy chai is also really good...
  • Quote: I am hooked on the Good Earth Sweet & Spicy herbal tea.
    Same here! That's the one with the picture of a cinnamon stick and an orange on it right? dark purple box?

I love a lot of different teas, peppermint helped me when I first started, great for nausea and hunger, also enjoying Honey Lemon Ginger green tea quite a bit.
  • Quote: MustangMolly- Me too I just don't like anything as much! It comes in decaf and regular too. LOVE LOVE Good Earth Sweet & Spicy! Now I gotta go make some...
    I get the decaf so I can count it as part of my water for the day.

Quote: Same here! That's the one with the picture of a cinnamon stick and an orange on it right? dark purple box?
    That's the one!