Traveling with IP

• Hi IPers!
    I've searched the threads for some info...but couldn't find what I am looking for.
    I am going to be doing some business travel over the next few months, while doing IP.
    I am looking for any tips from you that have stayed in hotels while on IP; how you've stayed on track or issues you ran into....anything I can think through in advance to stay on plan.
    I am also curious if the IP packets can be part of your carry-on baggage or if they must handled via checked baggage only? I generally only do carry-on bags, and would assume the packets are ok, but I really don't know!
    Thank you all in advance!
  • I posted this question about a month ago and everyone said that i could travel with ip packages but i can not travel with the all ready made drinks
  • I would order Walden Farms individual packets of salad dressings, take a bottle of flavored stevia for my coffee (Sweet Leaf English Toffee is my favorite - I buy from www.iherbs.com), packages of puddings and soups which mix with hot water in the room. Eat the puddings/soups in your room to take the edge off your appetite, go out and have just salads and veggies when dining with others. This has worked for me. Remember that eating this way is only while on IP, which is a program to use and then go onto maintenance, a lot more normal. Stay with it!
  • The oatmeal is good. Most hotel rooms have a coffee maker, so you have access to hot water.
    Room service will often make special meals. Veggies are always an issue, so you might consider an egg white omelette with lots of veggies as an alternative breakfast.
    Avoid business lunches. If food is brought in go out for a walk!
  • Your 'dry packets' are all okay to have in carryon. If you have access to a car on travel you can hit up a grocery and grab some zucchini, cucumbers, & lemons for non-refrigerated veggies (or pack those as well) to have on hand in your room. If you have access to a fridge, even better. I went on business travel on Week 3 IP, so I feel you! Like mom2cs said, use the coffee maker as your hot water source for some hot tea if you need a binge-eating killer, most hotels have them complimentary with their coffee. I would grab extra Splenda packets when I was out and hoard them in my room.
  • Thank you all for the ideas and input!!! It is so appreciated.

LizRR - you said the dry packets are ok for carry-on; do you know if bars are also? I had assumed so, but would HATE to have TSA take my food from me. Since my trips are generally 3-4 days, I only do carry-on, so wasn't sure if I now needed to start checking a bag now.
  • Quote: Thank you all for the ideas and input!!! It is so appreciated.

LizRR - you said the dry packets are ok for carry-on; do you know if bars are also? I had assumed so, but would HATE to have TSA take my food from me. Since my trips are generally 3-4 days, I only do carry-on, so wasn't sure if I now needed to start checking a bag now.
    The bars are good, I traveled with them in the diaper bag 2 weekends ago for a wedding w/no probs.