IP Daily Chat Tuesday 06/05/12

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Good Morning IPeeps:

A gloomy rainy day here in East Tennessee. And to top it off the Woosh Fairy didn't make it here this morning. I gained a pound I must be at my plateau now since I have been fighting to lose, but keep losing and gaining pretty much the same over the past couple weigh ins. This really sucks. I was so hoping to be closer to my goal weight by now. But I am not being a Debbie Downer, because I know that if I keep at it, it will eventually begin to decline. I have even tossed the idea around of changing my goal weight if I continue to stay here. My body seems to like it at this weight and I am in size 9/10 and I feel healthy and so much better than I did before I started losing. I'll give it the rest of the month to see what happens before making this decision.

Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in and CONGRATULATIONS to those who have lost this week. We ALL are rocking this plan.
  • Good morning everyone!!! Just stopping by to say hello and that I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!! Good luck to everyone who has WI's!!
  • Quote: Good Morning IPeeps:

A gloomy rainy day here in East Tennessee. And to top it off the Woosh Fairy didn't make it here this morning. I gained a pound I must be at my plateau now since I have been fighting to lose, but keep losing and gaining pretty much the same over the past couple weigh ins. This really sucks. I was so hoping to be closer to my goal weight by now. But I am not being a Debbie Downer, because I know that if I keep at it, it will eventually begin to decline. I have even tossed the idea around of changing my goal weight if I continue to stay here. My body seems to like it at this weight and I am in size 9/10 and I feel healthy and so much better than I did before I started losing. I'll give it the rest of the month to see what happens before making this decision.

Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in and CONGRATULATIONS to those who have lost this week. We ALL are rocking this plan.
    You have done such an amazing job and you look fantastic!!!! Congrats
  • Good morning. Riss keep working it. You will continue to be rewarded.
  • Quote: You have done such an amazing job and you look fantastic!!!! Congrats

Thank you so much. I got to thinking, I've been working out the past 16 days, I wonder if I may be gaining some muscle, I know that my calves look a little more formed. So maybe that is why I am gaining. Hhhhhmmmm.....could be.
  • Quote: Good morning. Riss keep working it. You will continue to be rewarded.

I'm gonna keep working on it, I'm not gonna let this get me down. It's just part of weight loss world. I'll admit it sucks and I can honestly see why people get so frustrated and want to quit because they have worked so hard and then it's like a brick wall is standing in front of you. But, I've learned so much being on this plan and on here that I have realized that you have to learn to find a way to climb over that wall or knock it down and take control and not let it stop you. WE are in control, period, regardless. Things are always going to be put in front of us to stop us from what ever we want to obtain, and this is no different. We can't and must not give up because of a block in the road.
  • Quote: Thank you so much. I got to thinking, I've been working out the past 16 days, I wonder if I may be gaining some muscle, I know that my calves look a little more formed. So maybe that is why I am gaining. Hhhhhmmmm.....could be.
    That could be the reason. You're replacing the fat you're losing with muscle.
  • GM IPeeps... Im feeling refresh and of sound mind (after the weekend I had!!) The ex thats trying to be next, has been very supportive... he still cantgitnun!!! lol

keep IP OP AD (All Day! )
  • Morning all!
    Riss- I agree. It may be muscle and "definition". Keep it up, you will loose to your goal! You have inspired me with your posts and pics. Thanks!
  • Hang in there Riss. You know it will come off.

Good Morning Everybody.

It is a beautiful Tuesday here in NJ. I hope everyone has a great 100% day.
  • Quote: Good Morning IPeeps:
    Good to see you are still hanging in there Riss. Also note that if you have any excess skin, that is contributing to the scale and is not really a reflection of where you are at, healthwise. Your BMI must be in a healthy range by now, eh?

Quote: .It is a beautiful Tuesday here in NJ. I hope everyone has a great 100% day.
    Good morning Carol! Just wanted to say I love your new profile photo - the smiling one.

---
    Well, I'm off to pick up my new eyeglasses this morning. Got one of those 2-pair deals, so if I break one, I've at least got a spare. These are more trendy looking than I've had, but I wanted to break out some.

May have to slip the refuse hauler a 20 this morning as I have so many cans of garbage out there, from clearing out the basement and stuff.

My WI was up .5 pd in a month, but...I lost fat and gained muscle, so I'm very happy with that! I guess all the running around, up and down stairs and ladders, etc., has been building muscle!

May you all have thoroughly a delightful, OP, creative Tuesday!
  • Good morning! Trying to get myself up and going for the day. My daughter went to a birthday party for a friend last night- we didn't get home until 8:30, then I couldn't eat until late, not enough water....blah. Scale is up but I know that it is just my body out of whack. Trying to make it through the next week and a half of work....then it is vacation time! Seriously cannot wait......long overdue.

Rissimo- I would think that the working out (replacing fat with muscle) is due to your gain/stabilization. Hang in there! You are healthy and looking great!
  • Quote: the Woosh Fairy didn't make it here this morning. I gained a pound I must be at my plateau now since I have been fighting to lose, but keep losing and gaining pretty much the same over the past couple weigh ins. My body seems to like it at this weight and I am in size 9/10 and I feel healthy and so much better than I did before I started losing. I'll give it the rest of the month to see what happens before making this decision.
    Riss ~ You look absolutely amazing! And if you're gaining muscle you know that'll end up helping burn that plateau fat right? Food for thought: Did you read the article about people having a "set" weight? Also, you could always try "boot camp" of the 4 packets and no real protein per day for a week, see if that "shakes things up"

Quote: Well, I'm off to pick up my new eyeglasses this morning. Got one of those 2-pair deals, so if I break one, I've at least got a spare. These are more trendy looking than I've had, but I wanted to break out some.

May have to slip the refuse hauler a 20 this morning as I have so many cans of garbage out there, from clearing out the basement and stuff.

My WI was up .5 pd in a month, but...I lost fat and gained muscle, so I'm very happy with that! I guess all the running around, up and down stairs and ladders, etc., has been building muscle!

May you all have thoroughly a delightful, OP, creative Tuesday!
    Sew~ You are always such an inspiration and you make me smile every day I read your posts Stay you for forever Great job clearing the basement, and I hope you luv your new glasses!
  • Good morning. It is WI day for me and I am praying the Woosh fairy came to visit and knocks me into onederland. I will be sad if I don't make it, but will survive. I was hoping to go mow the jungle today, but it is rainy, guess I will clean out a few cabinets and closets then.

Today will also be DH's first WI. Anxious to see how he did.

Have a great day "losers"!!!