Fat Free Feta Cheese in Phase one?

• Ok, so this has been brought up before, but I wanted to get your opinions on occasionally eating fat free feta cheese (trader joes) instead of the one oz of allowed skim milk.

I never use the allowed skim milk because I put my coffee right in my IP Cappucino drink in the morning. Also, I love cheese and think this might be an good swap. Here is the nutritional breakdown:

Skim Milk (1oz)
    12 calories
    1.6 g Carbs
    1.5 sugars (naturally occurring)
    1 g protein

Fat Free Feta (.5 oz Trader Joe's Brand)
    17 calories
    .5 g carbs
    3.5 g protein
    0 sugars

Any thoughts?
  • I would like to know this too because I can make a Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza!
  • I've been eating .5 oz of feta twice a week when I make a greek salad. I never drink milk so I always assumed it was a simple swap! I've had GREAT progress at all my WIs so it hasn't had a negative impact on me! :-)

Also when I do have "milk" in my coffee, I use Soymilk, Original, Light.. in 1 oz there are 7 calories, .7 carbs, and .5 sugars and .5 protein. PLUS it has a great flavor that really adds to the coffee :-)
  • I also have a teensy bit of low carb feta in my Greek salad and no prob with WI so far. I don't have the am dairy, plus I bike every other day (10-20 Km's), so I have 4 packets of protein and my dinner protein on bike days as well. I burn quite a bit, but don't want to give up my bike!! So far so good!
  • My coach said only on occasion and try to have it in the first half of the day. so I've had it only every couple of weeks.