HELP!!!!! WI #2 Disappointing

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to

• Sorry if this pic is big, this is my "Loss" on a daily basis, I track it because I'm a nerd. Every week I gain a pound here or there, then steadily lose after that. I've read many times, and it really holds true for me, don't worry about the scale every week, know that following the protocol will make you lose.

Also, don't restrict yourself too much, if you do it could cause you to go into starvation mode, which is no good.
  • Hey! Everyone is right - don't panic and don't get to restrictive.

I didn't lose as much last week, as I had been. I had been so busy and my water intake was way donw. My coach said that is huge. The water flushes toxins and helps cells release things they don't want. I would really try to focus on that.

Each coach is a little different. I mix my supper proteins up. Someone explained on one of the other boards yesterday that it may be better to have your bars at night, and it will work in your system better in the morning.

My coach never told me to use 4 packets - but some of that depends on your activity level, etc. I have my breakfast packet, my lunch packet and my snack packet with my own supper protein.

Lettuce was huge for me and I'm not a big lettuce eater. It definitely helped me feel fuller and it helps with moving things through your system. The Italian dressing and the bacon ranch dressing from WF is a little better - you may have to experiment with some and you may find one you like. I have a friend that sprinkles just a little stevia on your lettuce leaves and rolls them up and eats them that way. I have also made my own dressing of a 0/0/0 dill mustard, a little stevia, a little vinegar and a little olive oil. That was yummy. Have you checked out the recipe section yet? There are lots of great ideas there too.

Stress is hard on weight loss. A food journal may help, as you try different things you figure out what may cause you to slow down and what keeps it moving.

Did you lose inches? Time of day that you weighed and different clothing all can make a difference too. Constipation can play a part too.

My coach told me no sugarless jello - not sure why - unless it has aspartame??

Hang in there! It works and the hunger gets better. Water plays a part in that too!
  • Don't fret!! That is still an awesome loss! Be proud and thankful for anything, there will be some weeks where you will have a good loss and other times a so-so loss, and other weeks NO LOSS! But you WILL stick to this program 100% and think about the outcome at the end. You didn't gain your weight in one or two weeks, so it will take some time for it to come off. I find that after a big loss, there is a smaller loss. Keep drinking water, follow your sheet 100% and STOP WORRYING!! You are doing great!!!
  • It can be so frustrating when you have a low loss!! My second week was not good either, and I felt like I was doing everything right. I think that sometimes your body just needs to adjust to the new "normal." Keep going 100% and the weight will come off. I am not setting any records, but over time it adds up. I know in the beginning all I could think about was weigh in, but now I just "do IP" every day without a lot of obsessing. Hang in there, it does get better.
  • Quote: no you cant have regular jello. IP has there own jello's,at least that is what my coach said
    No, not regular jello, sugar free jello
  • I'm sorry, I am still LOLing...darn you autocorrect! I hope you meant no sugar ADDED...

Quote: Each coach seems to be different with a few things. My coach added sugar free jello in for both myself and husband. As long as its no sugar asses/sugar free. I've been having them since week 2 and i don't seem to be having any issues with the jello.
  • Quote: No, not regular jello, sugar free jello
    I believe sugar free jello is sweetened with aspartame, which is not IP approved. I think some folks buy the unflavored Knox gelatin and doctor it up. Ive been wanting to experiment with a Knox gelatin/IP pudding hybrid recipe.
  • Thank you so much everyone for the support. I feel like I'm hungry a lot of the time not as bad as at the beginning, but still my stomach is grumbling all the time. And I have acid indigestion all the time even after taking previcid (sp) as described by my doctor/coach.

I'm not giving up yet...hopefully the next weigh in will surprise me and my body will have adjusted and give up the fat

For the person who asked if I lost inches..I lost 4 on my first WI and 1.3 on the second.
  • Quote: I believe sugar free jello is sweetened with aspartame, which is not IP approved. I think some folks buy the unflavored Knox gelatin and doctor it up. Ive been wanting to experiment with a Knox gelatin/IP pudding hybrid recipe.
    Mio drops + Knox gelatin = awesome jello Also tried some aspartame free "crystal light"-like raspberry versions, as I could not find unsweetened kool-aid, added a few mio drops and voila, raspberry-peach jello! I do hope it's okay to have because it was delicious! Just make sure it is aspartame-free because aspartame spikes insulin.
  • Love the chart Kaypix!
    I know I'm repeating what others said, but this is so important:
    1. Drink all your water
    2. Don't restrict yourself-- I almost did the same thing, and then I realized the restricteds help to keep me on plan, and I'm following the plan 100% (putting all my faith in my coach and the program)
    3. Make sure you get that oil in -- my coach says 1-2 tsp.

I like to think of weight loss by the month, instead of the week. Our cycles/hormones effect weight loss, and everyone is different. For ex, I tend to gain mid-cycle, and lose the week before.
    One last thing, you mentioned stress. Try yoga!
  • Quote: I'm sorry, I am still LOLing...darn you autocorrect! I hope you meant no sugar ADDED...
    Hahahahahahahaaa.........yes i meant ADDED!!!!!! typing on a darn tablet.... this has made my morning!!!! Hahahahahahahah
  • Perfect example, last week, down 1.6 pounds, weighed in today. I wanted to have a 2.6 loss (i'd be at another "milestone" for me) but I know I'm now 1.6 pounds closer to that milestone
  • Quote: I wish I had a 3lb loss the second time I thought for sure I'd lost. Funny thing is my scale at home is now down in the 170's consistently, it even was on the day I went into the doctor's office but then I get there and it's still in the 180's darn it. Weighed with same clothes, didn't drink anything etc. Oh well I won't give up
    The doctor's scale never counts in my opinion. I don't use it to post my losses here on the board and I don't think it's a good reflection of actual weight lost, too many fluctuations in water gained for the day, clothing, stress, etc. First thing in the morning when you haven't had time to stress yet and you're in your birthday suit, is the truest reflection. I weigh every day to see if I am losing consistently, because checking once a week on a bad day could be way too discouraging.The doctor's scale is for the doctor's benefit. I still jump around when she see's a three pound loss, but I know darn well it's actually a four pound loss and I'm grinning inside.

USE THE SCALE THAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED!!!!

You are doing everything right, but watch that water. This is SOOOOO important and will make a huge difference on the scale. Also, you and hubby should both take some sort of probiotic or something else to make sure your colons doing it's job. All the protein on this diet can back you up and that can weigh so much it's ridiculous.

Water, Water, Water

I drink 10+ glasses a day, everyday. No exceptions.

Bars/Restricted foods: My coach told me Saturday that I should eat 1 restricted food per day. I'm not sure I'm into that, and if my weight loss changes I will stop immediately. I think you're right to restrict the bars. Maybe even once every other day. Also, I eat my "meat" protein for lunch. I'm not a dinner person and it gives me the energy I need for all my daytime stuff.

Hope that helps!
  • Quote: Thank you so much everyone for the support. I feel like I'm hungry a lot of the time not as bad as at the beginning, but still my stomach is grumbling all the time. And I have acid indigestion all the time even after taking previcid (sp) as described by my doctor/coach.

I'm not giving up yet...hopefully the next weigh in will surprise me and my body will have adjusted and give up the fat

For the person who asked if I lost inches..I lost 4 on my first WI and 1.3 on the second.
    Don't fear hunger.

This is something those of us who are overweight really have a hard time with in the beginning. Hunger is a weird, scary, foreign feeling. We aren't used to it at all. In our world we are pretty much never hungry. We eat because it sounds good, because it looks good, because we feel bad, or because we feel happy. We eat for a lot of reasons, but rarely because our bodies are asking us for food.

When you're hungry, take a deep breath. Ask yourself:

When is my next meal?
    Is hunger a bad thing? Is it causing me harm?
    Am I looking forward and anticipating that next meal?

I assure you you're not in any sort of unhealthy situation. You're body is just finally triggering the normal response to needing nutrients. It is happy to wait an hour or two if need be. Fear of hunger is very psychological. I have learned to enjoy my hunger. It assures my that my body is working correctly. All the signals are firing like they should be, and when I do eat it tastes divine!

Now if I am dizzy or feel my blood sugar freaking out, that is different. As you work the plan you will find your body's hunger rhythm. Here's mine:

Breakfast: 30 minutes to 1 hr after I wake up (IP Protein and lots of water)
    Snack: 10:30 am, I must eat at 10:30 am no matter what! For some reason this is a huge hunger/blood sugar boost time for me (IP Protein)
    Lunch: Anytime between 12-1 (Veggies and my Protein - Chicken, Beef, etc. though sometimes I switch lunch and dinner if I want to sit down with hubby for a meal)
    Dinner: Whenever I get home. Between 5:30 and 6:30 (IP shake and veggies)

By the time I get home I am definitely hungry, but not in any crisis. Learn your bodies rhythm and remember hunger isn't a bad thing. American's just think it is.
  • Quote: Red peppers should be once or twice a week as a limited vegetable. Asparagus is a diarrhetic so if you are retaining water it'll help get rid of that. "sprinkling" salt would take a lot to get to a half teaspoon, most of the time you have to make a concerted effort to get to that amount. Let's see, I'd say focus on getting all your water, try to get at least 7+ hours of sleep (I literally lose .2 lbs more on a given day when I sleep 8 hours vs 6) and try to find a way to be able to "shed" the stress for at least short periods of time. I'm a very high strung person, but I force myself to just quiet down once a night for half an hour and just "Be" and I think that helps. Really bad nights I meditate but that exhausts me. You are starting about where I did, but my week 1 loss was lower and week 2 was a bit higher, and I'm on alternatives so kind of apples to oranges there.
    Hello again Kay

I've been told (well, actually, I read it over the forum here) that in the old protocol, only green peppers were not restricted and any coloured pepper should be limited to once or twice a week, but I do believe that in the new protocol, someone mentioned that all kind of peppers are ok to have daily! Can anyone confirm please?