TOM weight gain?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • On an average how much weight do you gain during Tom? I have been trying to average it out and it's like 2-3 lbs but I want to see what everyone else is so share!
  • I'm usually 2-3 lbs. I weighed myself on the first day of TOM, and I was 144. Today, I'm 142 and it's the second to last day of TOM.
  • Usually 3-5. You would think I expect it, but no. Yesterday I was emotional over nothing, today I got on the scale and was up three pounds and almost had a hissy fit. Then I remembered that I must be getting a visit soon. Ugh.
  • I used to gain on TOM, but lately I've been losing. :| I dunno. When I would gain I'd go up to even 5-6lb!!
  • I actually don't usually have a gain *hides*. I seem to lose more slowly and I don't have a post-period woosh.
  • I haven't actually looked at a scale since I started BC five months ago...does anyone know if TOM weight gain still occurs when your cycle is regulated?
  • Mine is due in a few days and my weight loss has stalled.. it always stalls. oh well.. have gained about 3 lbs before but I think it was water weight from all the bloat.
  • Quote: I haven't actually looked at a scale since I started BC five months ago...does anyone know if TOM weight gain still occurs when your cycle is regulated?

I've been on the 3 different pills and I currently use the ring, and I have and still do experience weight gain.
  • I have mirena But I'm having it removed (it's 5 years is up) and I'm replacing it with paraguard which is non hormonal so I'm interested in if My weight will fluctuate at all. Yeah I normally have a whoosh before and after my period. My last whoosh sucked tho -.-
  • I was actually thinking about this when I was out walking earlier. During my TOM, I generally don't feel every good and tend not to eat much. It's due to not feeling well and the changes in body temperature. I find I am a lot hotter during that time and struggle to have an appetite. I may or may not gain weight during the time because of how I feel during it. I don't check so I don't know for sure but I'm going to keep track out of interest now. My biggest challenge would be the day or two BEFORE my TOM in which I just eat everything in site.
  • I don't have a gain, but 2 weeks before I am a hungry beast. I notice my appetite goes down during and right after TOM.
  • Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. Can anyone point me to the right direction understanding the weight loss lingos in here. What is "TOM" and any other things I should know... Thanks so much.
  • I gain for a day or two then go down to what I was pre period, then stay roughly the same weight up and down for a week and then start to have a whoosh afterwards. I have a copper coil.
  • Anywhere from 2-5 pounds for me D:
  • 10-13 lbs for me