Oh crikey alcohol!

• Hey all

13 days on Atkins, and 4.6lbs down - would have liked more, but hey ho. One thing I am missing on these rare sunny English days is a beer! I can cope without brownies, cookies, pasta etc but the pub beer garden is calling me...

Any ideas of what I can do to appease my desire? Are there any Atkins friendly-ish alcoholic beverages? I know white spirits are fine after induction, but what has people's experience been?

Thanks guys!
  • I have had a few beers in induction (shhhh, don't tell the boss!). And I've still lost. A lite beer usually has 6.6 carbs in it so just make it fit into your carb allowance. Last Sunday night I actually had two lite beers and still lost.
  • if you dont mind passing on the beer and having liquor, most have 0 carbs....

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art580.asp
  • Thanks
    I had a Coors Light this evening, happy now Might have to go down the vodka route in future, mammasita!
  • I always loved vodka and really sweet mixers but vodka and soda with a piece of lemon or lime is actually quite enjoyable. And very refreshing - no sugar hangover.
  • Vodka is great in unsweetened tea or in crystal light - i used to bring the "to go" crystal light packets to a bar for happy hour and asked for vodka in soda water and added that to it.. nice cocktail