Memorial Day to Labor Day 14-week Summer Challenge!

You're on Page 7 of 21
Go to
  • Congrats on all the loses. TOM is here so I can only hope for the best on Saturday's weigh in. As for my plan I do low carb as well with cardio 3x a week and Callanetics 3x.
  • Hfernando!!!

Parachute, I am the same way, hitting those slowdowns always derail me!! I have been talking to myself about it since the beginning this time. LOL So I am mentally prepared for when it happens!
    Congrats on getting the bike, sounds like a great idea riding to work when you can!

Mizzthingaling I hear ya! TOM is due today for me and has yet to arrive... I have been cursing it saying it better show up so it can be outta here by my weigh in Tuesday morning!!
  • Everytime I think about cheating I remember this challenge so I drink more water! I am doing IF and counting calories...I actually love how IF makes me feel. I have also found that it makes the biggest difference when I drink all 80 ozs of water everyday. Thanks all for signing on and sharing your stories!
  • I'm not off to the best start here. Last weekend I ate way off plan and ended up gaining a pound. I know the second half of June is going to be hard, so I'm going to work extra in the first half to try to keep myself on track.

SW: 200.5
    GW: 185.5

Week 1: 201.5 (+1)
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:
    Week 6:
    Week 7:
    Week 8:
    Week 9:
    Week 10:
    Week 11:
    Week 12:
    Week 13:
    Week 14:
  • Hello, all! I'm going to join in this challenge!
    I have 25 lbs until my dream weight. I have 8.5 pounds until my pre-pregnancy weight (baby is 7 months old). My goal has been to be 125 by 30, meaning my 30th birthday, September 17th. This challenge is perfect for me!
    My weight before delivering my daughter was between 190 and 200. My high weight one week after delivery was 180. My pre-pregnancy weight was 142 (and FIT!!!). My current weight is 150.6.

I count calories and have recently begun Intermittent Fasting, leangains style. Meaning I have a 16 hour fast followed by an 8 hour eating window, daily. I also incorporate one longer fast a week, 20-24 hours.
    I use an I-phone app to track my calories and I aim for a net calorie count of 1200 each day. But I count myself successful if I stay around 1500, because 1200 is very low.

My mini goals have been as follows:
    155 by my daughter's 6 month checkup. GOAL REACHED!
    150 by the end of May. HALF A POUND OFF OF GOAL. Not too shabby!

140-145 by the end of June. (That would be pre-preg weight)
    135-140 by the end of July, when I will see my extended family.
    125 by 30!!!! 30th birthday is September 17th.
    Goal is to be 125 and have car paid off!
    5K in October or November with my mom, to celebrate our 30th and 50th
    birthdays and to honor my grandmother who died at 40 of breast
    cancer.
  • Hey everyone. I had to sneak-a-peek at the scale this morning as well. I used to weigh everyday, and I couldn't help checking to see if I was making progress. Happy to say I am so far! Unfortunately, I didn't eat on plan at all this week, however I still ate less than I used to. I am now off of work for the summer and will be attempting to lower my carb intake. I'm hoping my sinus infection clears up soon so I can get back on the treadmill. It's hard to do it when I can't breathe to begin with.

Congrats to all those who have seen a loss already!!
  • Did well yesterday, my first day. I feel healthier already, thanks to this challenge. Let's keep going >>>
  • Quote: Everytime I think about cheating I remember this challenge so I drink more water! I am doing IF and counting calories...I actually love how IF makes me feel. I have also found that it makes the biggest difference when I drink all 80 ozs of water everyday. Thanks all for signing on and sharing your stories!
    I love this Mommy ! When I think about cheating I do the same ! You are so right about water , I am a firm believer that water is the number habit to help in my weight loss ! Good Luck everyone !
  • Hey all you lovely ladies :-) hope you don't mind if I join in. Would like to lose 26pounds during this challenge
  • Quote: Everytime I think about cheating I remember this challenge so I drink more water! I am doing IF and counting calories...I actually love how IF makes me feel. I have also found that it makes the biggest difference when I drink all 80 ozs of water everyday. Thanks all for signing on and sharing your stories!
    Exactly, Mommy! Before becoming an official and active member of 3 fc, I lurked and was inspired by those on this site for years. Because I kept my weight-loss goals and efforts to myself I really didn't feel accountable to anyone. My mistakes and successes were my own. Honestly, when I signed up for this challenge I thought "how much of a motivator will this really be for me?" Well, I know we're only a couple of days (at least for me) into this, but knowing that I've willingly become accountable to this site and everyone taking this challenge, keeps me honest about my eating (both the good and the missteps). Trust me when I say that I make lots of mistakes, but knowing that all of you are here supporting, and everyone, keeps me from making the outright terrible mistake. At the same time, I know if I do go "over the edge" you're all right here to help me out, and I you.

And I concur about getting one's daily water in. I typically eat much more on plan and better when I've had sufficient water. My exercise efforts are stronger and more efficient as well.
  • Hope you guys don't mind if I join I would like to be 150 by Labor Day
  • I would like to join in too.

My goal is to lose 32 lbs by Labor Day.
  • SW: 242
    GW: 199-209

May 28: 240
    June 4:
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 25:
    July 2:
    July 9:
    July 16:
    July 23:
    July 30:
    Aug 6:
    Aug 13:
    Aug 20:
    Aug 27:
    Sept 3:

All right!!! 2 pounds down! WOO
  • Great start, UndertheMoon!!!!

Welcome everyone and hope everyone is having a great first week!! I am waiting on TOM to get the heck out of my life for the month to make way for a great Tuesday weigh-in! fingers crossed!
  • SW: 169.4lbs
    GW: 139.4lbs

May 28th... 169.4lbs
    June 4th.... 170.8lbs