Memorial Day to Labor Day 14-week Summer Challenge!

You're on Page 6 of 21
Go to
  • Quote: Hey everyone!

I'm a bit late to the party, but what better time to start than the present?

Starting weight: 205
    Goal for Labor Day: 180

How I plan to do it:

1600 calories a day
    5000+ steps a day
    Exercise bike 30 minutes 3x a week

I'll be updating my progress every Wednesday. Here's my chart:

5/30: 205 (SW)
    6/06: 203 /
    6/13 201 /
    6/20 199 /
    6/27 197 /
    7/04 195 /
    7/11 193 /
    7/18 191 /
    7/25 189 /
    8/01 187 /
    8/08 185 /
    8/15 183 /
    8/22 181 /
    8/29 179 /
    9/05 177 /

I'm not subscribing to any particular diet plan, but I do intend to cut back on sugar and eat more whole foods. I have high blood pressure, so I will be attempting to load up on anything that has lots of potassium to try and hit the daily recommended value of 4700mg. Lots of tomatoes, spinach, and legumes for me!

Good luck everyone.
    Not late at all, we're just gettin' started!! Sounds like you have a great plan!
  • hmmmmm....my goal is to wear a "little black dress" and ROCK IT!!!!
  • What type of plan is everyone doing? I'm curious.

I work out 3x a week with cardio bursts between a weights plan a friend made for me (1.5 hrs), 4x a week cardio for 30min that I am increasing to 45 min to an hr.

Today, I did 1 hr cardio on the eliptical plus my weights program for 2.75 hrs of exercise. I feel awesome.

As for eating, I am doing higher protein, lower carb. I do want to shoot for 1400 calories and see how that goes.

Good luck to everyone this week
  • I signed on to do this a week ago and decided to start then because I was excited. I lost 2.8 lbs this week! 22.2 left to my goal for this challenge! I will weigh on Mondays from now on, I just wanted to share.
  • Mommytimesfive; Congrats on the loss, KEEP GOING
  • Mommytimesfive What a great start!!!

Sheramama I'm calorie counting, with a mix of cycling and intermittent fasting. My calories average out to about 1400 a day, but I eat more on some days and less others.

I have been working out 5 days a week, trying to get it to six. Having a hard time getting it on on Fridays and Saturdays due to my schedule.
    I am inline skating, training for a marathon right now. I take a Zumba class, a dance class, and do taebo videos at home. Once a week I walk 3 to 3.5 miles.
    Once my dance class is over I am going to switch over to a body pump class for the summer to get some weights in.
  • hi i am new to 3fc and would love to join this challenge! a bit late... my goal is 25 lbs!
  • Quote: hi i am new to 3fc and would love to join this challenge! a bit late... my goal is 25 lbs!
    Awesome, Jenny! and It's going to be a great challenge!
  • I'd like to join, too.

I'd like to finally get back to my goal weight of 129. That's 15.5 lbs. My plan is to eat 1400 cals or less and exercise daily.

Thanks for coming up with this challenge.
  • TOM is over and I finally made it to Onderland today so I just have to share! 199.4!!! Lol Down .6

As far as my plan goes. I do high protein and lower carb and stay at about 1200 calorie wise. Cutting down on carbs has really helped with cravings and I feel much better.

Sw: 200
    Cw: 199.4
    Gw: 170
  • New member, first challenge
    Hi everyone! Like a couple of other posters on this thread, I'm new to 3 FC as well, but have been lurking on this site for a very long time. This is also my first challenge. I've been both moved and inspired by so many of you and your willingness to share your successes and struggles in achieving weight-loss and getting healthy. I started my journey at 220 lbs reaching a low of 144. I lost the weight through calorie counting and exercise, adding running to my gym routine at around 175 lbs. Last summer I moved and had significant changes in my job that I allowed to slow/reverse my excellent progress. My eating/cheating (and justification for both) went up, and my exercise has been inconsistent, though I do manage to work out 2-3 per week. This is a perfect challenge to re-focus my energy and recommit to my goals. My goal for this challenge is to lose the 15 lbs. I've regained. While I want my size 8s to fit comfortably again, mostly I want to return to the feeling of satisfaction that I'm doing everything I can to be healthy and that I'M my first priority.

5/31: (SW) 159

Good luck to everyone during this challenge and beyond!
  • Hi! I would like to join the party!
    I weigh in every Monday
    SW 176
    GW 140
  • Welcome Tyla and Minnie!!!

Curvycurly congrats on hitting onderland your new permanent home! Awesome awesome milestone!

curvynotlumpy Congrats on all you have accomplished so far!! You have done amazing!! Life definitely has a way of derailing us for sure! Here's to a great challenge and getting those 15 back off!
  • I'm in...
    I just joined this site today. But I think this is exactly what I need...a push. My goal is to lose 15 pounds before my boyfriend comes home from South Korea in September so this challenge will get me there. He is serving in the Army over there and I want to look my best when he gets home. I'm trying to lose weight to make me feel healthier and have more energy.
  • Hey everyone, just checking in to see how everyone is doing so far. I weighed myself today even though I keep telling myself I will only do it on Mondays. I made it about half way to Monday. I just wanted to see if I was actually making any progress. I am, so yay! I'll give my numbers on Monday though when I do my MD to LD weigh in for the thread.

I'm just starting out on the weight loss/lifestyle change journey so I'm working slowly but surely. I figure I'll see some nice changes in the very beginning with the numbers on the scale and then it'll slow down. Its the slow down part that usually makes me fall off the wagon.

I work about 2 miles up the road and decided it would be nice to bicycle to work when its not raining here. I live in Washington, it rains a lot, but the weather is starting to get better. More sunny days then rainy now. So I went out a bought myself a bicycle today. My oh my are those seats uncomfortable and getting a little too up close and personal with me. Anywho, got on the bicycle and made it about half a mile before all I could think was do my legs feel the burn. I think I'm going to have to work my way up to the 2 miles. Theres quite a difference when you're hauling around all this weight and making the bicycle move compared to the stationary bikes.

SW: 275
    CW: 275
    GW: 250